hid lights warning

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If no one heard the friendly officers here in south oz are picking on hid lights, cause supposively they are illegal and really easy to pick from a distance.

coiled

Reaction score
Visit site
HIDs used without a projector ie bulb replacement is illegal and very easy to spot as the light is uncontrolled and blinding to oncoming traffic. If you want HID, and I wouldn't blame you, make sure you do it properly and fit a projector. I am not sure on the laws for motorbikes but once fitted in a car you also need a headlight washer for it to be legal and are also meant to be self levelling. You will see both of these features in any std fitment HIDs in a car.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't the coppers in SA just shoot/tazer anyone on a motorcycle they see these days? I mean all those dangerous bikers out there!

Nah...that only happens down Mexico way.....you know, where they reckon Aussie Rules is owned by them! :Flip:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
GOOD!!!! I detest HIDs without the right projector. I hope they start doing this in NA. So sick of being blinded by improperly installed HID "kits."

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
GOOD!!!! I detest HIDs without the right projector. I hope they start doing this in NA. So sick of being blinded by improperly installed HID "kits."

Have to agree with you there, for once, i agree with the authority's on this one too.....HID's without the correct reflector, are downright dangerous!!!

:thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Is this something to do with the people you often get blinded by who look like they have their high beams on all the time? Seems to be getting more and more common these days

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site

100%. Not a big fan of HID in general, too many tossers run around with the high's on regardless of traffic in front of them or coming at them.