List of Motorcycle that require the least amount of maintenance

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
maybe in about 10 years I will try one of those out :)

I watched one You Tube review by an owner, (a smaller bike-50 HP I believe), about 1/2 hour long..

With two modes, the "sport mode" WOULD EASILY lift the front wheel it was SO TORQUEY (and would do 120MPH)

If you can live with the shorter drive limits (before charging), it'd be a great around towner...

The semi-moto doesn't cost much more than the FZ did back then...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...2927FE15F3CC6554A3042927FE15F3CC655&FORM=VIRE

Last edited:

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that Ducatis are GORGEOUS and are great performers, and pricey.

I've never owned or ridden one. But of the three guys I know that have or had a Duc, they all have a love/hate relationship with those bikes. Two of those had numerous and continuing problems with leaks of coolant and or fuel. One of those guys [MENTION=29340]paulyfz[/MENTION] recently sold his Duc and bought an FZ6 - not kidding. He had owned one before the Duc. Then he joined this forum. I wasn't even promoting it.

Chris

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
This is easy....Honda Goldwing. Valve adjust every 32k and with the opposed 6 motor the valves are easy to get too. The motor is so smooth many guys double the time between valve checks. Shaft drive and the bike will out last you (300k miles is common) The only pia is the air filter which can take an hour once you have done it a few times.

Lucky for me I have a local mechanic who works on both my KTM and Wing so I ride more worry less.

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
This is easy....Honda Goldwing. Valve adjust every 32k and with the opposed 6 motor the valves are easy to get too. The motor is so smooth many guys double the time between valve checks. Shaft drive and the bike will out last you (300k miles is common) The only pia is the air filter which can take an hour once you have done it a few times.

Lucky for me I have a local mechanic who works on both my KTM and Wing so I ride more worry less.

I will add it to the list, but that thing is HUGE!! :)

paulyfz

Reaction score
Visit site
Do not be swayed by the mileage intervals for Ducati. Rather, pay attention to the actual service cost. It is not uncommon to walk out of the dealership with a $1500 service ticket in hand.

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
the 2015 HONDA Interceptor has good reviews and decent power around 100hp 800cc vtec engine, i've Added to the list. Not that I am looking but you can still find some of these at Honda dealers as new at bargain price. I've seen as low as $6k, but who know whatever other fees they would add in there...