Mrs. Lefty hits the twisties

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As many of you know from an earlier post, Santa made an early stop in December and gave Mrs. Lefty a 2011 Yamaha XT250. As Mrs. Lefty hasn't ridden in almost 20 years, she immediately took the MSF course, passed with flying colors and got her license the following week. After gearing up, we've been venturing farther and farther out from home as she gets used to her new bike. Today we hit the twisties on this map...

San Carlos, CA to San Carlos, CA - Google Maps

The first 15 miles on Hwy 35 had been recently chip sealed but she rode it like a champ. We stopped in Pescadero at around the halfway point for lunch at Duarte's, a 120 year old landmark, and rode home. On the way back a small doe shot across the road just in front of Mrs. Lefty but she managed to shut off the throttle just in time to miss the little critter by a couple of feet. :eek:

She's quite a girl and a lot of fun to ride with, especially with the Sena communicators. I shot a little video and a pic at the restaurant which I hope you'll enjoy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FqKWWpcyQ8&feature=youtube_gdata_player]January 2013 RideV3 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
You lucky duck! Wish my wife would show some interest in riding. Our girls are at the age now where we could get away for a few hours here and there on some rides. I keep telling her how hot she'd look in leathers.......but she ain't biting.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So if your missus is Mrs Lefty, are you Mr Right ;)

Great vid :thumbup:, it must be great to have a partner who shares your passion :cheer:

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's always cool to know you can ride with your wife on separate machines. I would fear for my wife=too clumsy as it is lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! Looking good Mrs. Lefty! :rockon:
I was just looking at a bike rental web site where I can rent a Ninja 250 for 49 a day. But...every time I ask my Lisa if she'd like to learn the clutch etc. she shies away. :( She actually wants to ride but....maybe she shouldn't

David Thompson

Reaction score
Visit site
nice video

that bike would be a pretty quick canyon carver if you laced up some 17" wheels with a 120 on the front, 150 on the rear and a little suspension work