My insurance quote doubled cence last week?

Arkangel77

Reaction score
Visit site
I went and re-quoted the insurance on a FZ6 (was comapring it against a FZ1). ANYWAY the quote went from $440 a year to $860. The quotes were about a week apart. Every thing was the same on the application. SO uuhhhhh what did I miss? I am lost and have no Idea why it changed so drasticaly. ALSO the company that was slightly cheper than the others is now $300 more than the others - I just dont get it. :stupidpc:

WHat do you late 30 guys with perfect records pay for full insurance?

Lata, Arkangel77

dynamo-acl

Reaction score
Visit site
sorry not from usa but

My missus insures the fazer and she has now 5 years no claims

she pays £110 pounds so thats about 220 dollars

she paid £906 pounds/1800 dollars 3 years ago for her 2005 R1:wtf:

I will talk her into staying with the fazer hehe [tight ass]

here in the uk it depends on the time of month as to the better deals, if the broker needs to get money to meet targets they lower prices, so late in the month can find u good deals

also i find insuring my bike in march helps for some reason, I asked for a quote in september and it was 60% cheaper come the next spring

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I went and re-quoted the insurance on a FZ6 (was comapring it against a FZ1). ANYWAY the quote went from $440 a year to $860. The quotes were about a week apart. Every thing was the same on the application. SO uuhhhhh what did I miss? I am lost and have no Idea why it changed so drasticaly. ALSO the company that was slightly cheper than the others is now $300 more than the others - I just dont get it. :stupidpc:

Lata, Arkangel77

You can thank the young dudes (you know who you are;)) for that. More testosterone than brains, it seems... They have little experience but think they can ride like Freddie Spencer. They end up chucking their bikes down the road... :squid:

I pay $740 now for my FZ6... up from $600 last year... I have a perfect record... no tickets and no accidents...

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a quote from an English company last year for about 300 pound sterling. Unfortunately for me I had already handed over the 900 sterling to another company. Maybe this year I can command a lower quote.

I'm just 23, have 1 years NCB (should be 2 by now), I've had no claims against my insurance, no tickets, no crashes. My age is against me!

A doubling in a quote means you should check with another company and play them against each other (dont forget to lie on what the other company quoted you when speaking to the competition!!! :p)

Arkangel77

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I need to call and talk to a person - the prices are all over the MAP!

I got a quote on a Warrior 1700 fo $215 a year
FZ6 was $860
FZ1 was like $1400is

This seems like crazyness to me - ALl full coverage all rates for the year.
That was Progresive and Geico.

Lata, Arkangel77

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Lata, Arkangel77

There are at least a half a dozen insurance threads on this forum. Below you will find the link for one of them. Even though many of the post are from abroad, there are enough responses from the states for you to get a good idea on what everyone pays. You can use the search function above if you want to pull up some more insurance threads. I will say this, I think the FZ6 does not fall under the category of a sportsbike, so the insurance should be much cheaper vs an R6 or some other 600cc bike.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/140-insurance-costs.html

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it is all classification, I pay $255 a year here in ny for comp. collision was $1000 a year and im 22. perfect except for a failure to yeild a traffic device..... but basically the warrior is classified as a cruiser. the fz1 should be more in insurance than an fz6 and as said before it is because of the 17 year old idiots who are paying more for their insurance than they are for the bike. They think they are invincible...... Basically dont buy it online go to a currior near you as in walk in the insurance provider. progressive is the cheapest big name insurance company for motorcycle insurance at least here in ny that is.

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted comprehensive, but they wanted over $2,500 a year. New rider, male under 25, that means I get raped on insurance. I'm now with Progressive (which who quoted me so high, even though it was the best) with liability only. I want full comprehensive, but simply can't afford it.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
mine is about $360 a year for full coverage with a low deductible. State Farm insurance is amazing for sportbikes. They go by how many cc's it is and not by it's classification.

quietfears

Reaction score
Visit site
This is exactly what I was going to say, State Farm is super cheap. ~$350 for full coverage, the same as a 600cc cruiser would be through them. Progressive wanted around $1200 for the same coverage.

mine is about $360 a year for full coverage with a low deductible. State Farm insurance is amazing for sportbikes. They go by how many cc's it is and not by it's classification.

H

HavBlue

I pay $740 now for my FZ6... up from $600 last year... I have a perfect record... no tickets and no accidents...

Man, you're paying a fortune. I pay $460 per year for the Harley and the FZ6 combined and this is full coverage with a $500 deductible. They like me...

H

HavBlue

Im 19 with one ticket 18 over and i pay 1400/ year on my sexy red FZ.

Nick

Wait til you register that bike in California. You're going to think that figure is a bargain.

When I lived in SoCal I used to ride with a neighbor of my kids on Harley days. His son had a Honda F4i. The son had a friend with a Honda CBR1000 RR. The young man that owned it was like 19 or 20. Ha had a couple of tickets and one bike accident. His insurance was like $200 an month. Yeah, almost $2,400 a year. When I asked if he still lived at home he said, " I can't afford not to." Einstein once said the true sign of insanity is when someone does the same experiment over and over expecting different results each time. This young man may have qualified.