New member welcome thread..

Woods

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi im woods from Nottingham,England just got a 2007 fz6 s2 naked i love it, being 6ft 1 and 18 ish stone i find it very very comfortable after sitting on many bikes this was ideal.

Just one thing i want a full cover from my headlight to bulk it up i have seen any pictures but don't have a clue where to get one nay advice.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi im woods from Nottingham,England just got a 2007 fz6 s2 naked i love it, being 6ft 1 and 18 ish stone i find it very very comfortable after sitting on many bikes this was ideal.

Just one thing i want a full cover from my headlight to bulk it up i have seen any pictures but don't have a clue where to get one nay advice.

:welcome: from Texas:cheer:

Post photos so we can see what kind of help you need.:rockon:

Last edited:

Blown_Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all.

My name is Dan. I just purchased my 2006 FZ6 a few hours ago! Of course, what is the first thing I do?...I find a forum that supports the bike!

I'm an automotive and firearms enthusiast. Also, I work as an airgun technician and am slowly working my way to finish an 8-year endeavor to earn my Mechanical Engineering degree.

Cece

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, Dan! You did the right thing by joining ;) Congrats on the new bike. Post pictures when you get some.

cheyuen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I live in the southeastern U.S. and am considering the purchase of an FZ6. This would primarily be a commuter bike, but of course I want something fun to ride! My commute is not very far so comfort is not a huge issue. However, I will have to contend with a lot of cars and a lot of rain, so maneuverability is paramount. Additionally, I will be carrying heavy books on my commute (law school) so the ability to affix additional storage would be a plus.

In short, I'm looking for a reliable and responsive motorcycle to ride everyday and am exploring the knowledge here to help with my decision.

Is there a sticky here regarding common problems with the FZ6? I skimmed the threads but did not see one.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Is there a sticky here regarding common problems with the FZ6? I skimmed the threads but did not see one.

:welcome: from somewhere in the USA.:cheer:

The FZ6 has no common problems. It's the best 600cc ever made.:cheer:

You can do small things for comfort, (clutch slave lever, and FZ1 bars) but the bike is solid.:rockon:

big_Stan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I've been stalking around the forum for a few months now. I bought my Red 2006 FZ6 in Feburary and began riding in March. She has about 37,000 miles on the clock and hopefully lasts another 37,000. I have been using it as a daily commuter, at first because 45 MPG is wicked way better than 10 and now because my truck decided reverse is a crutch and un-needed. I am an active duty member of the Army stuck at "the great place", Ft. Hood, Texas. I'm married with two little girls and three dogs, so I don't get to ride the bike as much as I would like too.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
G'day from Melbourne Australia to our new members ,
if you didn't already discover it, this is the friendliest informative forum on the whole web

We like to keep it family friendly and we love pics of your new ride, if you have any questions start with a search, do a read through of site info, if you cant find an answer post it up and someone is sure to be a able to steer you in the right direction
Once again WELCOME

JakeKo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello FZ forum! I am the proud new member of an 06 FZ6 with 5400 miles. I'm super excited about it and cannot wait to get my moto license haha. Getting license next week.

There are 2 things I can't exactly stand; the mirrors and the fairing. Want to go naked. Yes.... wondering how much it would cost me to get rid of the fairing and still be street legal. I am very mechanically inclined and can accomplish this with a 12 pack for my bud and myself on a weekend. Any an all advice is duly noted.

Sorry if the file is big....

Thanks for any and everything!

Jake

Eng

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

Just met a few local Southern California riders today on a ride out on 94. We had a good ride dodging thunderstorms and stopped for a good lunch in Alpine.

Thanks for the fun,

Chris
Duc and RZ rider:rockon:

BMXer91331

Reaction score
Visit site
New From SLC Utah

Hey guys im new to the forum I have not introduced myself, I just got an 06 FZ6 two weeks ago and love it. Have put about 300 miles on it already with an avg 55mpg loving the mpg compared to my subaru. Been trying to ride it as much as I can before the first snow, seems like I got about a month left of good weather before i have to put her away till spring :thumbdown:. I love that you can cruise in 6 gear at 45-50mpg bellow 5 k rpm and have plenty of power to speed up in the street if you have to while saving gas. But at the same time it has that oh so sweet top end that you can tap into above 7k all the way to redline.

Experience:
This is my first time owning a street motorcycle. I have been riding dirt bikes for about 6 years, I have been riding quads since I was like 12.

Previous Bikes:
I had an 07 YZ250 2 stroke and was a blast obviously much lighter and nimble and absolute beast, Super scary. Had an 06 yfz450 quad and that was really fun as well.

Sorry for the crappy dumb phone picture
My bike: Got it with only 9k miles
mine_zpsf36bc4b1.jpg

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: New From SLC Utah

Hey guys im new to the forum I have not introduced myself, I just got an 06 FZ6 two weeks ago and love it. Have put about 300 miles on it already with an avg 55mpg loving the mpg compared to my subaru. Been trying to ride it as much as I can before the first snow, seems like I got about a month left of good weather before i have to put her away till spring :thumbdown:. I love that you can cruise in 6 gear at 45-50mpg bellow 5 k rpm and have plenty of power to speed up in the street if you have to while saving gas. But at the same time it has that oh so sweet top end that you can tap into above 7k all the way to redline.

Experience:
This is my first time owning a street motorcycle. I have been riding dirt bikes for about 6 years, I have been riding quads since I was like 12.

Previous Bikes:
I had an 07 YZ250 2 stroke and was a blast obviously much lighter and nimble and absolute beast, Super scary. Had an 06 yfz450 quad and that was really fun as well.

Sorry for the crappy dumb phone picture
My bike: Got it with only 9k miles
mine_zpsf36bc4b1.jpg
I had a 97 yz250, and now an 09 zf6. It is a rev happy engine and likes the rpm's. Try cruising at 5k, she'll respond much better.

jreidg3

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
I just picked up a 2007 FZ6 with 16K miles on it. i got it for only $2600. This is my 6th street bike. I recently totaled my 1999 GS500E when a pickup truck rear ended me at a stop light. I was unharmed, however the insurance company totaled out the bike and cut me a check. I have about $450 in FZ6 parts on order right now (previous owner's of the FZ6 had scratched and wrecked a few parts). I am really looking forward to getting my FZ6 all tuned up this week and taking a nice long ride.