New member welcome thread..

steve o 77

BRAAAP!
Reaction score
Visit site
Just checking in from Ohio. Originally from New Mexico, decided to try out a dedicated street bike now that I'm out east. Been riding my whole life and have had everything from dedicated dirt bikes like a KTM 250SX to street oriented bikes like my old DR650 and XS650.

Loving the FZ so far!

Petervankessel

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys & grils,

My wife just bought a 2009 Naked FZ6 and i'm trolling around for some info and nice goodies to buy!
I allready bought a set of nice black clutch&brakehandles and a fender eliminator. Now looking for a second hand Akrapovic exhaust because i hate the stock sound...

Our previous bike was a fully modded 2007 R6. That thing was a monster! Way to fast :D

I have got my own Yamaha R1 driven toy:
5D3_2961.jpg

cheers,
Peter

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A big :welcome: to all our new members :thumbup:

Hi guys & grils,

My wife just bought a 2009 Naked FZ6 and i'm trolling around for some info and nice goodies to buy!
I allready bought a set of nice black clutch&brakehandles and a fender eliminator. Now looking for a second hand Akrapovic exhaust because i hate the stock sound...

Our previous bike was a fully modded 2007 R6. That thing was a monster! Way to fast :D

I have got my own Yamaha R1 driven toy:
5D3_2961.jpg

cheers,
Peter

Congratulate your wife on her new bike Peter ..:cheer:

Most people post a pic of their bike, but that's a beauty :drool:
Looks like a donkervoort, but there's a R1 engine in it???

You realise of course that we want to know more ;)

Last edited:

Petervankessel

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Cloggy,

It's not a specific brand... It was build by HP Motorsport | PRODUCTIE VAN ROLKOOIEN & UITLATEN EN ONDERHOUD, REPARATIE & AFSTELLEN VAN RACEAUTO'S in The Netherlands and they raced it quite succesfully for a couple of years in the CCRC (Colin Chapman Racing Club)
They put in a 2004 R1 engine and we added some modifications like a PowerCommander, Graves slidestops and velocity stacks and a flatshifter which makes clutchless up AND down shifts possible! Really, really cool!

Here's one of my video's: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAiVVKkI_yI]DF trackday Zandvoort 24 juli 2013 Peter deel 1 - YouTube[/ame]

They used this manual for all the measurements of the car:

Last edited:

rs117

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all
not new to bikes but new to Yamaha and the FZ6. I just bought a mint 07 FZ6 with 17.000 miles. looking forward to learning all about her :rockon:

whynot

Rust never sleeps.
Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings,

Just bought an 07 FZ6, red, just 10K miles, new PR3s, serviced recently, I'm going over it, detailing, removing stickers (lots of them). I've owned many bikes over the years, and the FZ is one of several I have now, I'll ride it a while, then decide whether to sell it or another of mine to free up time, space, and money of course. No doubt I'll have questions, it looks like I've come to the right place.

Kurt

PS -- Will finish up today and get it off the lift, planning on a first ride tomorrow out to http://www.billericamotorsports.com/default.asp and ask the service manager there to have a look and listen. Will post a pic or two.

Last edited:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings,

Just bought an 07 FZ6, red, just 10K miles, new PR3s, serviced recently, I'm going over it, detailing, removing stickers (lots of them). I've owned many bikes over the years, and the FZ is one of several I have now, I'll ride it a while, then decide whether to sell it or another of mine to free up time, space, and money of course. No doubt I'll have questions, it looks like I've come to the right place.

Kurt
Arlington MA

:welcome: from Texas:cheer:

Any photos of your bike collection?

whynot

Rust never sleeps.
Reaction score
Visit site
Dang!!!!!!!:eek: I glad I asked for photos.:rockon:

They are some very fine machines.:cheer: It must be very hard to choose between the black, or the red?:rockon:

Thanks. Yep, hard to give them all quality time haha ...

Here's another ...

9511165303_49f2363c9b_b.jpg

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. Yep, hard to give them all quality time haha ...

Here's another ...

9511165303_49f2363c9b_b.jpg

This one takes the cake.:eek: Wow!!!!!!!! Just like in the old movies.
:rockon:
You should have the open face café racer helmet, a torn rat leather jacket, and goggles to match the look.:rockon: Give me that Arai.:D

You have very nice toys.:thumbup:

natty.m

Reaction score
Visit site
hi iv just bought a fz6 s2 and i love it
970911_10201932285613415_1995769920_n_zps0f97e48c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
i also have a Honda super four witch i need to sell but i rally don't want to :(
i thought i will just say hi to you all :BLAA:
whynot im loving the old school bikes

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
970911_10201932285613415_1995769920_n_zps0f97e48c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
i also have a Honda super four witch i need to sell but i rally don't want to :(

:welcome: from Texas:cheer:

That's a very nice FZ even though it's not red.:cheer:

whynot

Rust never sleeps.
Reaction score
Visit site
_10201932285613415_1995769920_n_zps0f97e48c.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Love the colors on your FZ, nice. I've had the red '69 Triumph Tiger since 1974, and the black Triumph is a Bitsa, 68-70-71. The red Honda is the third CB77 I've owned, I bought the first one new in 1964 :Flash:

Last edited:

kevlarorc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, joined the ranks because I'm looking in to getting an FZ6 soon. I've been riding my Ninja 250r for about 3.5 years now as a daily ride (no car). I'm looking for something I can more comfortably carry groceries on with hard paniers and I want something I can take on longer trips a bit easier. Just waiting to get my bike back from the shop before I decide whether I should give my baby up for something new. The FZ6 looks so awesome, though!

I'm in Austin, seen a couple of y'all in the area on here.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, joined the ranks because I'm looking in to getting an FZ6 soon. I've been riding my Ninja 250r for about 3.5 years now as a daily ride (no car). I'm looking for something I can more comfortably carry groceries on with hard paniers and I want something I can take on longer trips a bit easier. Just waiting to get my bike back from the shop before I decide whether I should give my baby up for something new. The FZ6 looks so awesome, though!

I'm in Austin, seen a couple of y'all in the area on here.

:welcome: from Ft Worth:cheer:

I still have my pre gen ninja, right along side of my fast red FZ.:rockon:

For me, the 07 is the best 600cc ever made.:BLAA: Good luck on your new bike.:thumbup: