New member welcome thread..

MrR

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey!

FZ6 rider checking in...but from the UK!
Picked up a 2009 FZ6 S2 (98hp version) yesterday. Having ridden v-twins & big singles previously this bike is a revelation, combined with the Microns it sounds perfect.

Anyway here is the Fizzy Fazer & hope to get chatting.
yammy.jpg

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ɯnɹoɟ ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ punoɟ ʎlnɹʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ 'ǝɯoɔlǝM ɹǝpunuʍop ƃᴉq ɐ ʎǝɥ

Alejandrodg82

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody!! My name is Alexander and Im a Graphic Designer from Buenos Aires, Argentina

I've been reading the forum for a while and since a few days ago I purchased my FZ6 S2. Luckily I found a 2009 model with barely 7500 KM !! It came with frame sliders and the Givi top case.
I was a little scared at first coming from a Yamaha YBR 250 with 21 HP, but those fears went away after a couple of kilometers with her.
Im definitely not a tall rider so I'll ve installing the ROX risers this weekend in order to improve my riding position and avoid wrist and lower back issues in the future.

Im just in love with the bike, It's the bike that I've longed for many years, so I call it a dream come true. This kind of bikes are quite expensive here in Argentina (as everything else ...) I paid mine near 13k USD so, go figure.

Besides the handlebar raiser Im looking forward to some brighter headlights, but don't feel very comnfortable with the DUAL beam situation overall. Cleaning the down pipes is on the TO DO list but I really REALLY need to put all of my will to do it, because I really hate doing that kind of stuff.

IMG_20171007_180012119.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2017-10-28 at 20.30.08.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2017-10-30 at 09.10.19.jpg

Best regards to everybody !!!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Alexander and Solomon to our great forum!

Last edited:

regrebrief

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey y'all. My name is Dan and I am a Mechanical and Aero Engineer from Missouri. Just bought my first motorcycle this weekend a 2008 Yamaha FZ6 with just a hair over 10k miles on it. The guy who I bought it from was a 60-year-old retired Army pilot and he kept the thing in immaculate condition. Looking forward to gaining some knowledge and ideas from the forum. Cheers!

Photo_2017-11-04_09-33-05_PM.jpg

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! The FZ6 is a fantastic bike. It does have an awful lot of power on tap for a newbie, so just take it easy on the throttle while learning.

regrebrief

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! The FZ6 is a fantastic bike. It does have an awful lot of power on tap for a newbie, so just take it easy on the throttle while learning.

Thank you for the reply, zixaq. My best friend at home has been riding for a while and said the same thing. He is going to help teach me a bit, but my BRC (MSF) course is in two weeks. Bike will be garaged until then!

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for the reply, zixaq. My best friend at home has been riding for a while and said the same thing. He is going to help teach me a bit, but my BRC (MSF) course is in two weeks. Bike will be garaged until then!

If you have enough self-restraint to wait two weeks, I think you'll be fine.

andrius7

Reaction score
Visit site
hi all, i'am new on here..got my license 3 years back, from what day i own fz6n, i'am happy with this bike, but before winter i got some things to sort out, on my clock is 35kkm's , it still running fine, except clutch, i hope it's cable problem , but i still dont whant to sale it, but happily can change to S2 model :)
i'am from Lithuania, i did 10kkms from time i got it..

and sorry for my english :)

Pierron

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All
just posting here for the very frist time, I have a FZ6 SHG 2009 from a few years ago, time to share experiences so, I arrive here.
by the way, posted from Santiago - Chile

Ceebass68

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks! Long time rider, first time Fz'er. Picked up a great deal on my "new" 2006 Fz6 recently and am excited to get her roadworthy. Po laid her down in slow turn and got spooked. Fairing is now gone and I'm cleaning up the naked conversion.

I'm in Richmond area of VA. Great access to some awesome riding. Blue Ridge Parkway etc. Looking forward to see what she will do in the twisties!!!

Recently got my 19 yr old son into riding so my 2 wheel adventures are starting to blossom. Couldnt be more thrilled. I'm a cruiser guy but, he picked up a CBR600 so, the Fz6 seemed like the right move for me (to ADD to the stable).

Looking forward to participating in the fun here...

IMG_4194.jpg IMG_4195.jpgIMG_4196.jpg

regrebrief

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks! Long time rider, first time Fz'er. Picked up a great deal on my "new" 2006 Fz6 recently and am excited to get her roadworthy. Po laid her down in slow turn and got spooked. Fairing is now gone and I'm cleaning up the naked conversion.

I'm in Richmond area of VA. Great access to some awesome riding. Blue Ridge Parkway etc. Looking forward to see what she will do in the twisties!!!

Recently got my 19 yr old son into riding so my 2 wheel adventures are starting to blossom. Couldnt be more thrilled. I'm a cruiser guy but, he picked up a CBR600 so, the Fz6 seemed like the right move for me (to ADD to the stable).

Looking forward to participating in the fun here...

View attachment 68607 View attachment 68608View attachment 68609

Looks great, Ceebass68! I have an all black S2, so I totally dig the look you have going. Enjoy riding with your son and both of you be safe!!

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I'd post here since I haven't yet. I come from Kawis ('07 250R, '08 250R, '08 ZX-6R), recently sold the ZX-6R because it's not a practical commuter bike. Buddy has had an FZ6 forever and I've always liked it so I picked up an '05 back in July and did a naked conversion (wasn't laid down or anything, I just like the looks better). Love the torque of the FZ6. Definitely the "buzziest" bike I've owned though, I've done pretty much all there is to do to kill the vibrations (right thumb was going a bit numb on my 30 min commute - all below 40 mph). Love the bike overall.

Modifications:

• 2007 rear swingarm swap
  • Leo Vince slip-on and de-cat pipe
  • Motodynamic sequential LED tail light
  • Spencer's seat mod (the BEST seat ever)
  • ProGrip Rally soft grips, Grip Puppies
  • right frame plug
  • front fork tubes painted black
  • FZ1N headlight w/custom accent LEDs and main beam LED
  • custom black fly shield
  • BikeMaster Alien Angle LED front turn signals
  • Bike painted white w/2k clear
  • white ProGrip tank pad
  • Ram Mounts handlebar phone mount
  • IDEA green LED gear indicator
  • naked conversion with custom speedo mount
  • Arrow style bar end mirrors
  • custom tail tidy
  • hidden led license plate light on exhaust trim facing front
  • LuckyBike heavy bar ends powdercoated black
  • Nelson Rigg tail bag
  • FZ1 handlebar
  • handlebar anti-vibration snake (vinyl tubing and lead shot)
  • aluminum black on black levers

The day I bought it:

ntDDopB.jpg

After the naked conversion (and a white paint job):

9pNgPEh.jpg
BBrpIhI.jpg
n0ifkkD.jpg
UB2Zb2C.jpg
bjyYmVq.jpg

Omnislug

Reaction score
Visit site
Just joined the group. Interested in the FZ6R, came mostly to learn and decide if this is my next bike. I definitely want a Yamaha, Been debating getting an R6 but would like to take my bike on very long trips as well as commuting daily so that bike might not be the best option ( though I LOVE everything about it but that) . I;m gonna have to try both of them at the next yamaha demo days. I Like what I am seeing so far in reviews of the FZ6R and it looks like it might work better for long term than the R6, My R3 is the only transportation I have and it will probably stay that way, Getting ready to upgrade to a more powerful bike, the R3 will go to my wife.

Anyways, I'll be asking questions and reading mostly, glad to find the forum!
Omnislug

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: New Members!

The FZ6r is actually a different bike from the FZ6 This is our FZ6r sister site., https://www.600cc.org/forum/cmps_index.php

If I were to choose between the FZ6r and the FZ6 I would choose the FZ6. Not to put the FZ6r down. It may be the bike for you and your economics.

It's been a while since I've owned my FZ6 but I think Yamaha made one of the greatest all around bikes ever and even to this day.

We may see less and less FZ6's in the future but I bet we will see the ones still on the road getting better and better with mods and accessories.