New member welcome thread..

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: Enjoy and Ride Safe!

My wife and I are empty nesters and with kids off the payroll, I'm looking to posting some strong mileage here in East Texas.

Hi rabernar, as much as I love my girls, I am looking forward to being an empty nester, I'm so envious :D

There are plenty of twisty roads and hills here, so when I get to ride it's a lot of fun. I have the Silver 04 fz6. It's still completely stock and just under 10,000 miles.

Hey Jon, sounds like you will have a blast on those roads :thumbup:

I've been out of the sportbike scene since 01" when I had a CBR 929 (sold in 04)... I must say I'm impressed with the FZ6 power wise, but it's cosmetics arent the best (mirrors, exhaust cover, solid seat), but that is rapidly changing with mods ;).

Welcome Robert, nice to hear that you like the FZ, look forward to seeing the mods.

Steviepoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys! Not only am I new to this site, I'm also new to motorcycling in general. During my last trip to the states in March (I live in Germany) my father and I went through the BRC and had a blast.

I bought my 2004 FZ6 Fazer about a month or so ago and absolutely love it and the sport. It had about 14000km on it and I think I've added about 1500 to that so far :)

I can't recommend the BRC enough! Having never been on a bike before I think that was the best couple hundred $ I've ever spent!

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys! Not only am I new to this site, I'm also new to motorcycling in general. During my last trip to the states in March (I live in Germany) my father and I went through the BRC and had a blast.

I bought my 2004 FZ6 Fazer about a month or so ago and absolutely love it and the sport. It had about 14000km on it and I think I've added about 1500 to that so far :)

I can't recommend the BRC enough! Having never been on a bike before I think that was the best couple hundred $ I've ever spent!

Welcome to the forum! I myself lived in Germany for 7 years, I never got to ride a motorcycle on the autobahn though. :(

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org

:welcome: Enjoy and Ride safe!

Dave G

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, My name is Dave. I live in western Ma. I bought a 08 blue FZ6 in May and am loving it! This is a great forum and looking forward to being a part of it.

MHOH0102

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey my name is Matt from Orlando...i ride an 08 Honda CBR600RR in the Limited Edition Graffiti

I just bought my wife an 09 FZ-6R in white/pink so she can have more fun riding rather than being on the back of my bike...im here to get some info on the bike and also what kind of mods she can do to her bike...stay safe out there everyone!!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: Enjoy and Ride safe.

Hi everyone, My name is Dave. I live in western Ma. I bought a 08 blue FZ6 in May and am loving it! This is a great forum and looking forward to being a part of it.

Check out www.bonemanfz6.com, he has the owners, service and assembly manuals available for download as well as a lot of cool mods.

Hey my name is Matt from Orlando...i ride an 08 Honda CBR600RR in the Limited Edition Graffiti

I just bought my wife an 09 FZ-6R in white/pink so she can have more fun riding rather than being on the back of my bike...im here to get some info on the bike and also what kind of mods she can do to her bike...stay safe out there everyone!!

You are in luck the Brand New FZ6R site just started last week at: www.fz6r-forum.com

Last edited:

trick6

Fz6=Funtimes
Reaction score
Visit site
hey i'm nick. i live in soutwest georgia, usa and i've had my silver n black 04 fz6 for about six months. i bought it in january 09 with less than 6,000 miles in pure stock form. then about 3 weeks ago a car pulled out in front of me in downtown traffic forcing me to low side, and, according to the insurance company, totaling my bike. so i decided not to file the claim and rebuild it myself, with a few moderate mods. pictures will come soon!!! thanks for all the help and advice i've already received!!

simone

Reaction score
Visit site
Alot of new members join and dont introduce themselves so Ive added this thread for all to introduce yourself....

Ill go first...

Hi all I am From Langley BC Canada. I started this site due to a lack of sites dedicated to the bike I love.... the FZ6 of course... It doesnt matter how crappy a day I have had, all I have to do is put on my gear and go.... The world disappears... the FZ6 is my first bike.. Its a 2005 Galaxy Blue one.. (Yeah the blue ones are faster... Its not a rumor). I am an Engineer and currently work rebuilding crash damaged helicopters and general Helicopter maintenance..... Okay nuff about me... Who is next.... Writeme43? Bren?....

Dennis

I want to add a picture to my profile, but am not very good with computors and can not for the life of me workk it out help!!!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, names Robert. I picked up a fast blue 07' with 2100 miles on it for $3500 a couple weeks ago. I've been out of the sportbike scene since 01" when I had a CBR 929 (sold in 04)... I must say I'm impressed with the FZ6 power wise, but it's cosmetics arent the best (mirrors, exhaust cover, solid seat), but that is rapidly changing with mods ;). Happy to be here, already learned ALOT in a few days. Looking to learn much more in the future.

Welcome new Folk, all the way fromn the Land Down Under.....post lots, ride more!

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

hey i'm nick. i live in soutwest georgia, usa and i've had my silver n black 04 fz6 for about six months. i bought it in january 09 with less than 6,000 miles in pure stock form. then about 3 weeks ago a car pulled out in front of me in downtown traffic forcing me to low side, and, according to the insurance company, totaling my bike. so i decided not to file the claim and rebuild it myself, with a few moderate mods. pictures will come soon!!! thanks for all the help and advice i've already received!!

Welcome, and happy riding people, welcome to an awesome forum, with heaps of helpful & friendly people.

:thumbup:

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
Good morning all. What an awesome site! It was suggested by one of my motorcycle safety course instructors.
My name is Dan. I live in Keene Valley, NY in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains. Great riding country. I have an '07 FAST red FZ6 that I bought used with 5K miles on it. It's my first bike since high school (and that was a long, long time ago), so basically I have started over in riding experience. I've put over 1K miles on in 2 months and absolutely love this bike. The safety course was a great way to get going again and well worth the many hours involved.
I look forward to visiting here often and getting back up to speed (bad pun) on the FZ6. Cheers, mates!

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Manny and I really like your forum. I've had 2 other bikes in the past, a 1990 YZF and a 1992 GSXR, they both were good bikes, but the riding style was too agressive for my taste.
I just recently purchased a 2005 FZ6 and this is what I always wanted in a bike, I like the more upright riding style, forgiveness to the throttle and transmission, looks of the naked fairing, and hp to torque midrange response.
I live in the Pasadena, California area and this place was made to ride. It's sunny all the time, but lately just a little too sunny (temp is in high 90s to 100s).
I'm married with one daughter and have another due in a month, my wife thinks I'm crazy to get back into bikes after all these years and now with a family.
Either way I really like it, and I appreciate the chance to introduce myself.

CookevilleFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Heyo...

I'm Blake. I bought my second bike, a blue 2007 FZ6, about three days ago. My last bike was a '85 Kawasaki LTD 550, so I'm pretty thrilled to have something without rust. I love the look, the feel, and the following behind the FZ, and I'm looking forward to becoming more of a part of the community.
I live in middle TN, where I'm a junior majoring in psychology. I intern with a local youth ministry, serve food at a restaurant, and coach a kids' football team, so I stay pretty busy, but I am definitely going to find time to ride, and hopefully post. :)

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: Enjoy and Ride Safe!

Good morning all. What an awesome site! It was suggested by one of my motorcycle safety course instructors.
My name is Dan. I live in Keene Valley, NY in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains. Great riding country. I have an '07 FAST red FZ6 that I bought used with 5K miles on it. It's my first bike since high school (and that was a long, long time ago), so basically I have started over in riding experience. I've put over 1K miles on in 2 months and absolutely love this bike. The safety course was a great way to get going again and well worth the many hours involved.
I look forward to visiting here often and getting back up to speed (bad pun) on the FZ6. Cheers, mates!

Adirondack Jack, welcome back...to riding that is:thumbup:

I'm Manny and I really like your forum. I've had 2 other bikes in the past, a 1990 YZF and a 1992 GSXR, they both were good bikes, but the riding style was too agressive for my taste.
I just recently purchased a 2005 FZ6 and this is what I always wanted in a bike, I like the more upright riding style, forgiveness to the throttle and transmission, looks of the naked fairing, and hp to torque midrange response.
I live in the Pasadena, California area and this place was made to ride. It's sunny all the time, but lately just a little too sunny (temp is in high 90s to 100s).
I'm married with one daughter and have another due in a month, my wife thinks I'm crazy to get back into bikes after all these years and now with a family.
Either way I really like it, and I appreciate the chance to introduce myself.

Welcome SeekGod1st, I'm in Ventura just North of you, hope you can join us for Thursday Ride Night: http://www.600riders.com/forum/usa-pacific/10385-los-angeles-ride-night-thursday.html And yes, I also, "Seek God First."

Heyo...

I'm Blake. I bought my second bike, a blue 2007 FZ6, about three days ago. My last bike was a '85 Kawasaki LTD 550, so I'm pretty thrilled to have something without rust. I love the look, the feel, and the following behind the FZ, and I'm looking forward to becoming more of a part of the community.
I live in middle TN, where I'm a junior majoring in psychology. I intern with a local youth ministry, serve food at a restaurant, and coach a kids' football team, so I stay pretty busy, but I am definitely going to find time to ride, and hopefully post. :)

Welcome Blake, sounds like you have a calling, hopefully you will find time to ride with that schedule.

WARNING: This site is addictive, and may cause you to spend money you don't have on really cool mods :D

Last edited:

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
:cheer:

Hi Folks!

Well, I'll start off by telling a little about myself...

I'm a Registered Nurse and I work in the ER department in Abbotsford (new hospital!). Being a nurse, has some advantages when it comes to riding...I work 2 days, 2 nights, and then 5 days off. You can go a lot of places in 5 days off!

I just got my FZ6 delivered to me last Friday from my friend whom is the service manager at the dealership I bought my bike at (Pacific Yamaha/BMW in Richmond). Another buddy is Aaron in sales there, so the two of them really helped me out with my first bike purchase!

There was some minor damage from a drop and the bike hit a wall or something (guessing from the scrapes on it) so I had it repainted also and I'm extremely happy with the result...white with blue pearl. Looks awesome. I also got a Givi bag for the back as the bike came with the mounting hardware. Just installed my fender eliminator (competition werkes) and I also will be getting a Titanium Two Brothers exhaust sometime soon plus a few little extra's such as a nicer windscreen.

Anyways, this bike was owned by someone who clearly does not ride often as it had 2200KM on it...!! Barely warn in. Also, it still has a few months of warranty which is nice.

Got the bike Friday after a 12 hr shift, and then I proceeded to go on a 10 hour ride all around Vancouver and the Valley. Good times.

Super pleased with the bike so far, and I can't wait to go on a few day rides this coming week. Going to the Island sometime soon too.