New member welcome thread..

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: New To It All...

Hi Y'all! I'm a new rider in the Bay Area, and my buddy Der Chemiker told me this forum is full of good stuff for everyone (including non-FZ6 riders like myself).

From what I've seen, he's 100% correct!

Thanks!

-Brent

:welcome: to the forum Brent! Glad to have you here!

Hey since you don't own an FZ6, I'm gonna have to say :needpics:

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, thought I'd sign up for this forum since I just bought my first bike...an 07 FZ6! Took it out for the first time today, but didn't really go out on any big roads. Completed the MSF BRC and now I have to take an additional course that the military is requiring. Fine with me though, I could use all the training I can get. I'll post a couple pics of the bike in that "show us your baby" thread..unless I open it and there are a bunch of pics of newborns. :rolleyes:

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, 21 year old Julian from Denmark here. Been a FZ6 owner for the last 3 months and it great.... Okay that sounded like i was sucking up ;)

But seriously comming from a SV650 this is a major step up. Hope to get alot out if this site, especially now that i can see the pix after a long time of unregistered use :D

Pix of my bike you say.... well have a look see in my album of my own ugly duckling

lmn

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, i´m a new member from Brazil. I´ve been owning bikes since 1983, but with a ten years gap that ended last december (2008), when my wife choose me a blue 2009 fz6s.
I bought it without even seeing one, just a black 2009 fz6n at the dealer.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a new forum member/new rider. I took the MSF BRC in mid May and decided I DO want a motorcycle afterall!! After shopping for a while, I bought a new '08 FZ6, Raven Black. My cousin David is helping me get out and more used to the road, which is quite different than going in circles on the rider course! I have found some great advice here already, and appreciate having this as a resource. Thanks for creating it! :D

Coopdman

Wolf Pack of One
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All! Not sure how I missed this thread as I've been scouring through these for several days learning all I can about my 2008 FZ6 and potential mods. Anyway, I'm a 27 year old mechanical engineer grad who rarely gets to use his degree as I work at a family company. I take any opportunity I get to learn how things work and love to fly helicopters (Schweizer 300CB) and the twisties. :rockon:

I had a 2001 R6 for 3 years before the FZ6, and it's what I learned on (I had no one at the time to tell me not to) but never got in any real trouble with it. I loved riding since the first time in the seat and can't wait to take the Fazer on a weekend trip in a couple days. It's nice to join a community of other FZ6ers and I've enjoyed the reading so far, and I'm sure I will continue, hopefully helping others out along the way.

If there are any responsible drivers in the Charlotte NC area, hit me up and we can ride.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: Enjoy and Ride Safe.

Completed the MSF BRC and now I have to take an additional course that the military is requiring. Fine with me though, I could use all the training I can get. I'll post a couple pics of the bike in that "show us your baby" thread..unless I open it and there are a bunch of pics of newborns. :rolleyes:

Great attitude xgrafcorex with regard to learning all you can :thumbup: Can't wait to see the pics.

But seriously comming from a SV650 this is a major step up. Hope to get alot out if this site, especially now that i can see the pix after a long time of unregistered use :D

Hi Jugro, a comparison write up on your perspective between the 2 bikes would be great :rockon:

Hi, i´m a new member from Brazil. I´ve been owning bikes since 1983, but with a ten years gap that ended last december (2008), when my wife choose me a blue 2009 fz6s. I bought it without even seeing one, just a black 2009 fz6n at the dealer.

Welcome back to riding Imn :cheer:

I am a new forum member/new rider. I took the MSF BRC in mid May and decided I DO want a motorcycle afterall!! After shopping for a while, I bought a new '08 FZ6, Raven Black.

Welcome Elizabeth, did you consider any other bikes? If so, what sealed the deal for you on the FZ6?

I take any opportunity I get to learn how things work and love to fly helicopters (Schweizer 300CB) and the twisties. :rockon:

Hello Coopdman, can't wait to see some of the mods you come up with as an engineer. I also love helicopters, worked on them in the Army at a Depot level unit from 85 - 88. Never did learn to fly though, I am so jealous :D

FZ6drummer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone! Nice place you have here.
I am starting my adventure out into the biking world. I do not have a bike as of now, but I hope to be purchasing a 2004 FZ6 within the next week. I cannot begin to express my excitement for this purchase! I absolutely can't wait to immerse myself in the lifestyle and enjoy the road as so many already do.
I will be riding mostly in the Orlando area, but hope to branch out all over Florida soon. I'll always be looking for people to ride with and learn from!

LittleRed

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all! My name is Dayna and I live in Washington- just bought a gorgeous red 2007 FZ6 and couldn't be happier! I started riding a year ago on a 1981 Honda CM400t. I don't get much time to ride, unfortunately, due to the fact I'm almost always working (at a motorcycle gear store, ironically enough...), but any moment I can grab to go for a spin with my new two-wheeled companion is a moment I don't waste. All I need to do to relax and unwind is go out for a ride : )

So if anyone around my area would like to meet up for a ride (I'm pretty much desperately seeking riding buddies), please drop a line!

bluez

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all- Dave from Clifton Park, NY, 38yrs old, new FZ6 owner (2009 Blue). Just came off of a 2007 DRZ400S- I was into dirt riding mostly but slowly found myself riding it on the road more than dirt this past year so.... Enter the FZ6! Loving this bike- can't wait to get through the break-in period. Will probably add an exhaust and Puig screen soon.

I'm an accounting software consultant, rock/metal guitarist:rockon:, and proud father of two great kids. I generally dig all power sports, as well as golf, baseball (Red Sox), and football (Cowboys).

Glad to be a part of the forum!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, jtarkany,

I was also looking at the Versys, and the V-strom. I had narrowed my search to the more standard/sport touring, which felt more comfortable sitting on. The toughest thing for me was not being able to do a test drive on ANYTHING! No current bike meant no proof of insurance. My cousin helped me out with that, and rode a used 08 FZ6 for me. He liked it a lot, then I found a bike place that had NEW 08's (overstock). The new one was only $100 more than the used, plus was complete with 12 month warranty, etc. I am very glad that I chose the FZ6, and look forward to increasing my skill level.

AleCS

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, AleCS from Seattle, WA, just joined a couple of weeks ago and got my '08 FZ6 Cobalt Blue last Tuesday. This is my first bike so I'm still testing my skills, passed the Safety course and received my license endorsement, so I'm legal!:rockon:

Always wanted a bike and after reading some posts here I decided to get one of these. So far... GREAT bike! We are still looking for some protective gear. Our helmets are a combo of red, yellow, gray, green and without a doubt 10 years old.

It's great to be part of this big community! :thumbup:

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all! My name is Dayna and I live in Washington- just bought a gorgeous red 2007 FZ6 and couldn't be happier! I started riding a year ago on a 1981 Honda CM400t. I don't get much time to ride, unfortunately, due to the fact I'm almost always working (at a motorcycle gear store, ironically enough...), but any moment I can grab to go for a spin with my new two-wheeled companion is a moment I don't waste. All I need to do to relax and unwind is go out for a ride : )

So if anyone around my area would like to meet up for a ride (I'm pretty much desperately seeking riding buddies), please drop a line!

GREAT CHOICE OF BIKE, DAYNA!!

:welcome: from :canada:

J344

Reaction score
Visit site
How do all. Nice Site! Just signed up this morning. Picked up my first FZ6 - 2007, not to mention my first multi cylinder 2 wheeler. Loving every bit of it. Been a real treat - why would anyone drive anything else ;)

The longer story - after an air cooled 1 cylinder XT250 - I bumped up to a liquid WR250X for a bit better highway speed. Wife - fellow FZ6 rider and member has spent some considerable time trying to convince me I needed something a bit bigger for them longer trips. Poking around - found a sweet looking Ninja 650R. Nice bike - upright riding - from the pictures at least. Just for S&G I mentioned I could just take over her FZ6 and she could go get the new bike. For the first time ever - she gave me her bike keys and told me to take it for a spin :) One ride - I was hooked - neither of us had to think to long on this one. Her 09 shows up next week.

From Wisconsin - drive safe

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: Enjoy and Ride Safe.

This is great, people are joining so fast I can barely keep up.

Hello everyone! Nice place you have here.
I am starting my adventure out into the biking world. I do not have a bike as of now, but I hope to be purchasing a 2004 FZ6 within the next week. I cannot begin to express my excitement for this purchase! I absolutely can't wait to immerse myself in the lifestyle and enjoy the road as so many already do.

FZ6drummer you will not be dissapointed, if you have'nt already, don't forget to take the MSF Course and get some good gear.

Hi Dayna, excellent choice on color, contrary to what some here may believe, red is faster :D. With regard to riding time, commute, commute, commute!

Hey all- Dave from Clifton Park, NY, 38yrs old, new FZ6 owner (2009 Blue). Just came off of a 2007 DRZ400S- I was into dirt riding mostly but slowly found myself riding it on the road more than dirt this past year so.... Enter the FZ6! Loving this bike- can't wait to get through the break-in period. Will probably add an exhaust and Puig screen soon.

I'm an accounting software consultant, rock/metal guitarist:rockon:, and proud father of two great kids. I generally dig all power sports, as well as golf, baseball (Red Sox), and football (Cowboys). Glad to be a part of the forum!

Hey Dave; I, like you, did most of my riding in the dirt, just transitioned to street 3 years ago, the FZ6 was my first choice as well. BTW, happy, early Fathers Day!

Hi, AleCS from Seattle, WA, just joined a couple of weeks ago and got my '08 FZ6 Cobalt Blue last Tuesday. This is my first bike so I'm still testing my skills, passed the Safety course and received my license endorsement, so I'm legal!:rockon:

Always wanted a bike and after reading some posts here I decided to get one of these. So far... GREAT bike! We are still looking for some protective gear. Our helmets are a combo of red, yellow, gray, green and without a doubt 10 years old.

It's great to be part of this big community! :thumbup:

Way to go AlecCS, definitely upgrade that gear :eek:

How do all. Nice Site! Just signed up this morning. Picked up my first FZ6 - 2007, not to mention my first multi cylinder 2 wheeler. Loving every bit of it. Been a real treat - why would anyone drive anything else ;)

The longer story - after an air cooled 1 cylinder XT250 - I bumped up to a liquid WR250X for a bit better highway speed. Wife - fellow FZ6 rider and member has spent some considerable time trying to convince me I needed something a bit bigger for them longer trips. Poking around - found a sweet looking Ninja 650R. Nice bike - upright riding - from the pictures at least. Just for S&G I mentioned I could just take over her FZ6 and she could go get the new bike. For the first time ever - she gave me her bike keys and told me to take it for a spin :) One ride - I was hooked - neither of us had to think to long on this one. Her 09 shows up next week.

From Wisconsin - drive safe

You know what they say J344, "behind every great man, is a greater woman." She definitely steered you in the right direction ;)

Just a warning to all of you, with all of the great information and modifications on this site :drool: be sure to keep one hand on your wallet, so you don't overspend on amazing upgrades!

SiGPiGomer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks,

I joined this site a couple weeks ago, and i have to admit that i am very impressed with it. I purchased a 2009 FZ6R Raven about three months ago. I love the bike, just cant wait for more mods to come out for it. I have been riding bikes since for the last 12 years. Started out with dirt bikes and moved my way up to my first street bike. This is a great site for FZ6R riders and gives great information. :rockon:

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to all the new members! And a special :welcome: to J344 - the proud owner of my '07. ;)

jtarkany - you are so right! Keep one hand very firmly on that wallet! :Flash: