New member welcome thread..

Bowers

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone. Newby from Canada. Just moved into Alberta from Ontario, and figured its about time to bite the bullet and finally get into the bike scene. I am currently looking for a decent riding school in Alberta. I'm in Lloydminster and the closest one I can find is in Edmonton, but they sound pretty good and I will have to do that before getting on a bike without any prior experience.

Just though I would introduce myself, as I have been looking around on this forum for a couple days now... very usefull info and helpful people. Looking forward to adding to the community.

Is there many other riders from Alberta on here?

Mark

Caz

Reaction score
Visit site
G'day from down under.

Got my new 08 FZ6n last month, coming from an XV250, I'm stoked,
although I am finding the weight and height a bit of a challenge.
I've had a few sphincter moment's, all at low speed or when stopped.
I've contemplated lowering it, but friends have told me to just harden up and deal with it. I'll see how I go over the coming weeks, any more brown pants moments and it's off to Krooze tune suspension for a new spring.
I live in Melbourne Australia, and work for a large Yamaha dealer in the city, they gave me a really sweet deal, I couldn't say no. :thumbup:

6,000kms on the clock in 5 week's, I'm in lurveeeee :cheer:
Now I give the boy's I ride with a good run for their money ;)

Here's a pic of my beast taken last week in town.
No mod's yet, but rest assured, they are coming :D

3397715407_fd5c4a95e7_b.jpg

crisco

Reaction score
www.chrishayphotography.com
Hey everybody, I don't even remember how I found you, but glad I did ! It's so cool to see people from all over the world riding the FZ6.

My name's Chris and I'm from Somerset, PA. Got an '06 red one with not NEARLY enough miles on, yet. I own a photography studio along with my wife, so it gets tough to get on the road in the summer with all the weddings and high school seniors to photograph.

Have been running into more and more old friends who are getting on two wheels, so I DO see more miles in sight !

Am looking forward to all the info you all are sharing . . . maybe I might even have something of note !

inSaNo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

My name is inSaNo, also known IRL as Dennis..
I'm from the netherlands, and i live near amsterdam.

Last year i bought a FZ6s built in 2006, with only 961km (597 miles) on the clock.. :thumbup:

And it looked like this:
insano.jpg

The bike came with some mods:
  • Laser Exhaust
  • Grip Heaters
  • Duo Cover
  • Crashpads

Currently, not much is changed, it now has just over 7700km (4700 miles) on the clock.

I have some bags which i could use if i go on a weekend trip:
28022009125.jpg

And i have a RAM mount system which can hold my Garmin, or my Sony HD camcorder:
28022009139.jpg

and currently it looks like this:
01032009164.jpg

01032009154.jpg

And i like the bike alot :cheer:

wheely.jpg

Grtz from the netherlands! :thumbup:

Brubaker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, (and gals)

I'm Brandon from Modesto, CA. I moved to CA in '04 and now I have an '04 bike. I actually got this from my cousin. He moved back to Ohio and left his bike sitting under lock-n-key.

I didn't think that seemed right to have a bike sitting with no riders so I talked to him and he agreed to work something out with me. Well here it is now, and I've got the keys! '04 Blk/Silver FZ6

My other ride is an '06 MINI Cooper, ALSO A BLAST TO RIDE! '06 MINI Cooper

I joined FZ6-Forum as I'm looking for some info on the bike and this site seemed like a great place to get started. I'll figure it out soon (hopefully :thumbup:)

See you around, keep the tire side down!

BB

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
Hey.
Jason aka JayJay here,
From Adelaide Hills, South Australia.
Picked up my new FZ6N yesterday but been riding bikes since I was 7-8.

Found this forum when searching for a specific forum for the FZ6 and google did the rest.

Nice place you guys got here.

fattyslims

I don't know anything!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi...

I'm craig and I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada... It doesn't take much to get a learner's permit to ride a motorcycle up here (a ten minute test on a computer). So with the experience of riding a dirt bike twice in my life (the last time was in 2002 and I stalled the bike, couldn't get it started, and pushed it back about a kilometer to camp) I went and got my learners, bought an '05 FZ6! I figured if I don't do it now, I'll never do it. Wow, writing this out sounds much crazier than the experience.... So I'm about 4 days and quite a few kilometers in and I haven't killed myself yet... and I have no intention to. I used this forum a lot to research the bike before I bought it, so thanks so much! See you out there.....

bryan217

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys. Just joined up. I'm in Fairfield, CT and currently ride an '04 R6 Limited Edition. I've had it for almost a year after having not ridden in about 10. Now I'm realizing getting a supersport might not have been the smartest thing to do at my age (44). Plus I want room/comfort for my gf to ride on the bike. She hates the back seat (if you can call it that) on the R6. So to stay in the Yamaha family (my previous bike was an 85 FJ600), I'm looking at the FZ6. I've been an active member on R6-Forum.com. So I joined up here to find out as much info as I can before I pull the trigger and sell the R6 for an FZ6. Here's a pic.

3439345228_167be5fc8f_o.jpg

Wingover

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi!

I recently purchased my '09 FZ6R after riding a '98 Yamaha Virago 1100 for the past 6 years.

It began as a completely unintentional love affair. And none of this is my fault. But when I took my Virago into my local Yamaha dealer for routine maintenance, I felt something staring at me from across the dealership floor.. There it was..

I asked the guy to pull out the smoking-hot yellow FZ6R so I could just..you know...sit on it. It fit me beautifully. Due to my short stature, I never wanted to even attempt to sit on a sportbike before, but I could tell this was going to work out well!

I researched the bike for a couple of weeks, asked my sportbike buddies what they thought, went for a test ride a few weeks later, and purchased 'The Yellowjacket' on the spot..on my birthday! I rationalized that I could either go to the mall and buy expensive clothes and makeup to look better, or get a hot bike to enhance my beauty (ha!). The love affair is in full swing.

I stumbled across this awesome forum not too long ago, and appreciate the excellent advice that I have already received! I can spend a lot of time just reading everyone else's stuff.. I look forward to getting know people as time goes by!

fz6friend

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all from Indianapolis!
I have to admit up front that I don't have a fz6. I have a daytona. A good frind of mine just bought a brand spanking new blue fz6 for his first bike. I joined here to keep up on the fz6 and to help encourage him with his new bike. I like his bike a lot. Very comfortable bike. My daytona isn't. Lol. I will talk him into joining as well. ;) anywho, just stoping in to say hi!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to admit up front that I don't have a fz6. I have a daytona. A good frind of mine just bought a brand spanking new blue fz6 for his first bike. I joined here to keep up on the fz6 and to help encourage him with his new bike. I like his bike a lot. Very comfortable bike. My daytona isn't. Lol. I will talk him into joining as well. ;) anywho, just stoping in to say hi!

:thumbup: good to take care of your friend.. make sure he/she always wears gear and RIDE SAFE!!!!.. im sure after you see more of your friends bike, you'll want one too :)... :welcome: to the forum

fz6friend

Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: good to take care of your friend.. make sure he/she always wears gear and RIDE SAFE!!!!.. im sure after you see more of your friends bike, you'll want one too :)... :welcome: to the forum

I made sure he bought gear with the bike. As for wanting one... I already do! There pepy like my daytona but alot more comfortable1 :thumbup:

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I just ordered a 2009 Yamaha FZ6 (BLUE) I never owned one before. I never even rode a FZ6. I can see they work good from watching youtube. I look forward to trying it out. I had many bikes before since I was ten years old, but never anything like this. I think this is a great place for people to get to talk to others about a great bike. I really like everything I have seen about this bike. I really can't see anything I dont like about it. Anyway nice to meet ya all.

Maintain

Suicide

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my name is Colin I live in Suffolk, England and have had My Dark Blue 2009 Fazer FZ6 for almost 2 months now and have ridden about 1000 miles on it. I couldn't be happier with my choice of bike and have already started modifying it.

It now has:

Datatool S4 Alarm/Immobiliser (Fitted by dealer)
Power Bronze Light Tint Double Bubble Screen
Yamaha Lower Fairings
Fork Sliders
Swingarm Sliders

I also had fitted Power Bronze Frame Sliders but these had to be removed when I fitted the Lower Fairings. So I will be getting a set of R&G Frame Sliders soon to replace them.

I have also got a set of Stainless Scorpion exhausts on order which will be with me early next week.

Ashlin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

New to the forum and to biking.

I own a Suzuki S40 Boulevard and am seriously considering joining the dark side :) and buying FZ6 next year.

We shall see!

I joined the forum so I could learn as much as possible about the bike before I made any decisions.

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my name is Al & I am currently living in VA. I just got a 2008 Black FZ6 a few weeks ago. This is my 1st bike and I couldn't be happier with it. So far I have only added a fender delete kit (kept stock signals) but I will be ordering a Scorpion exhaust in the next few days. I have been trolling around the forum for about a week and finally decided to post something. (Attached pic is before fender delete kit)

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: All :thumbup:

Very cool of you, keep your friend safe.

Hello everyone, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I just ordered a 2009 Yamaha FZ6 (BLUE) I never owned one before. I never even rode a FZ6. I can see they work good from watching youtube. I look forward to trying it out. I had many bikes before since I was ten years old, but never anything like this. I think this is a great place for people to get to talk to others about a great bike. I really like everything I have seen about this bike. I really can't see anything I dont like about it. Anyway nice to meet ya all.

Maintain

Congratulations! I don't think you will be dissapointed and you will find a lot of great info here.

Hi guys,

New to the forum and to biking.

I own a Suzuki S40 Boulevard and am seriously considering joining the dark side :) and buying FZ6 next year.

We shall see!

I joined the forum so I could learn as much as possible about the bike before I made any decisions.

Buy it, go ahead, buy it...join the dark side :sinister:, you won't regret it.

Hi, my name is Al & I am currently living in VA. I just got a 2008 Black FZ6 a few weeks ago. This is my 1st bike and I couldn't be happier with it. So far I have only added a fender delete kit (kept stock signals) but I will be ordering a Scorpion exhaust in the next few days. I have been trolling around the forum for about a week and finally decided to post something. (Attached pic is before fender delete kit)

Nice bike :thumbup:. Be careful with the modding, it is like a disease, once you start you can't stop. With all of the great ideas you will get here you may end up in the poor house if you aren't careful ;)