New member welcome thread..

WI_Webster

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody! Dave here from Wisconsin. Just got a 2007 FZ6! I am a brand new rider so this is my first motorcycling experience. I can't believe the amount of information out here. You guys keep up a great community of riders. Looking forward to being a part of it in some form or fashion.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody! Dave here from Wisconsin. Just got a 2007 FZ6! I am a brand new rider so this is my first motorcycling experience. I can't believe the amount of information out here. You guys keep up a great community of riders. Looking forward to being a part of it in some form or fashion.

Welcome! As you have already figured out this is a Great forum!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Dave! :welcome: to our great family! We like to tell everyone to ride with All The Gear All The Time! ATGATT The FZ6 is such a great bike! :rockon:

Mweisma1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
My name is Mitch and live in Saint Paul MN and have a 2005 FZ6 that I purchased 3 months ago after not riding for 13 years.
I do have a question about what bulb to use for an aftermarket headlight mod.

e30_325es

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I'm Jeff. I've been riding for just shy of a year now. Started on a ninja 250, then went straight to a Monster 800, and in April, I bought my 08 FZ6. Got it with 12k on it for $5k out the door from a local dealer, already modded with 2bros exhaust, tail tidy, all led lights, power bronze lower cowl, and a smoked windshield. It already has about 19k on it, and I've added Racetech springs and gold valves, dual headlight mod, yamaha comfort seat, ogio tail bag, and givi tank lock ring (already had a bag from the duc). I've appreciated a lot of info from this site already, for the upgrade help, and look forward to adding additional info when I can. I enjoy going on day or weekend rides with 1 or 2 friends, but would like to widen that group if there's anybody who likes exploring.
20150622_141839.jpg

tyvaj

Reaction score
Visit site
hi all you FZ6 lovers! the name is Ty, from Fresno, CA. Took my MSF class in 08 and bought me a 04 CBR600RR rode it for half a year then sold it. stopped riding for about 6yrs then in 2014 got me an 03 sv650s rode it for another half year and finally bought me a blue 06 FZ6 and i cannot stop riding it!

fz6.jpg

KB2WYL

CQ CQ, DE KB2WYL
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there. Name is Loren C., live in Fortuna CA. I've been looking at the site for a while, and now that I've done all that I know how to do, figured I'd actually sign up so that I can be a contributing member. I have a couple questions so I'll probably venture over to mods, but wanted to be polite and introduce myself first. Bike is an FZ6, 2007, and I love her. Few quirks, but I'm getting them all ironed out. Living here in CA, Northern, it's nice as I have straight roads along the coast and all kinds of twisties just inland. Weather is pretty calm, though a bit windy a lot of days here on the coast! Anyhow, that's it. Going to have to learn how all this works. I know how to turn a wrench, but how to navigate the forums and post is still a learning experience :)

Loren

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A downunder oi oi oi welcome. As you probably already know we have a bunch of insightful folks that know the fz6 front 2 back and upside down
I hope one of us can do you some mapping or point you in the right direction
There is a bunch of knowledgable folk in Cali so a few rides might be offered your way too
Again, Welcome!

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hi all you FZ6 lovers! the name is Ty, from Fresno, CA. Took my MSF class in 08 and bought me a 04 CBR600RR rode it for half a year then sold it. stopped riding for about 6yrs then in 2014 got me an 03 sv650s rode it for another half year and finally bought me a blue 06 FZ6 and i cannot stop riding it!

View attachment 64905

Hi Ty, and WELCOME to the forum!

What is it about the FZ6 that you find to be different from your earlier bikes?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there. Name is Loren C., live in Fortuna CA. I've been looking at the site for a while, and now that I've done all that I know how to do, figured I'd actually sign up so that I can be a contributing member. I have a couple questions so I'll probably venture over to mods, but wanted to be polite and introduce myself first. Bike is an FZ6, 2007, and I love her. Few quirks, but I'm getting them all ironed out. Living here in CA, Northern, it's nice as I have straight roads along the coast and all kinds of twisties just inland. Weather is pretty calm, though a bit windy a lot of days here on the coast! Anyhow, that's it. Going to have to learn how all this works. I know how to turn a wrench, but how to navigate the forums and post is still a learning experience :)

Loren

:welcome:

Lol! I used to QSL all the time! I see you're from 2 land although assignment numbers may have changed over the years. I had extra class license and liked mostly building Heathkits and doing mods. I use to run a TenTec full break-in transceiver with a KW linear that was also modified for full break-in. I liked CW the most and did very little phone except 2 meters. You'll have a great time on this great forum with great members! :)

KB2WYL

CQ CQ, DE KB2WYL
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks so much for the reply. I still haven't found a map that really improves it too much, but I'm getting closer the more I learn. I do mostly phone on 80-10 meters, depending on what's open. I run an Icom, 756 pro original. Actually just put my antenna back together at the new house. I did the throttle calibrate today on the PCFC, also got the accelerator pump settings dialed in. Still not sure how the closed loop adjustment works, if lean and rich mean they are making the mixture just that, or if it is offsetting the reading from the O2 so that changing it to a richer reading would actually lean the mixture. Going to do a search tonight. It's fun, I've been wrenching all my life, and I know electronics, but the whole EFI modification thing is hard for me to get a good handle on, as there are so many conflicting statements online. In any case, thanks much again for the map. I'm going to get it Dyno'd asap, but until then, within the bounds of safely operating the bike, i want to play and learn as much as possible ;-)

Loren

sdriv3r

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

New guy here. just bought my first bike. After passing my courses I was looking into a bike. Was thinking of buying a brand new bike in the 300cc range (Ninja 300 or R3) mostly due to costs (the bike, registration, insurance) which is expensive for bigger bikes. I then found out about the older FZ6 and how much its a different bike compared to the new FZ6R. The bike was in great condition and cheaper than a 300! After calling insurance they gave me a phenomenal price as this bike falls in the touring category.

Ended up with a 2007 FZ6 and not regretting one bit!

Tracktimeplz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, my name is Clint, im from Fort Walton Beach, Florida, and I own a Silver 2004 FZ6. I bought the bike with a hole in the transmission, due to a chain failure. Ive since swapped out the entire engine/trans with a used motor out of a 2006(Black paint instead of silver) Im still fighting gremlins, but so far, I really like this bike

haros

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm from Sydney, Australia.

Recently acquired an '04 FZ6 Fazer. Bit curious about the website address, 600riders.com seems to be very generic... why not something more specific like FZ6.com or something along those lines?

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Issues with copyright and yamaha legals
A battle that took place 18 months ago

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

Last edited: