New member welcome thread..

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! My name is Mike I'm 22 and I'm from Douglas, a small town in Central Mass. I'm in my second semester of college. I am double majoring in Computer Forensics and Cyber Security . Along with school I work full-time for GE Healthcare as a Clean room Technician. I have a 2005 FZ6 the silver and black cool lookin one :thumbup:. As of right now this bike is my first full street bike. Previously I've ridden all dirt bikes. Started on an 1980 XR80, upgraded to a 1993 DR350 where I got a lot of road time along with trails. Then again upgrading to a 1998 YZ250 2 stroke which was my baby for a few years. Ran into a money issue and sold it. I picked up my FZ6 this past Aug 2015 and I put just about 1700 miles on it between Aug and the end of October. I'm look on forward to getting some good information on here to start customizing my FZ6 this winter! Thanks!

linus

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I'm Linus from Charlotte, North Carolina USA. Recently purchased a 2007 FZ6 with 2500miles. Giddy Up! :rockon:

Looking forward to participating in this forum with my fellow FZ riders.

Rode a R6 for about 18 months and loved the tone of the Jardine exhaust. I'll be searching for the exhaust threads next to find a suitable replacement for the stock pipe.

Last edited:

Anthony

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, my name is Anthony. I'm from Surprise, Arizona. I just picked up my bike about 2 months ago. I'm excited to see what information I can find on this forum and to connect with other riders that ride the same thing I do!

bobnwieve

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, my name is Dick, I live on the east coast and am a first time rider. Picked up my 2006 FZ6 in March 2015 and have been riding every sunny day since. I took my rider class back in February of 2015 as well. Came here looking for conversion kits and mods and it looks like I'm trapped. Im pumped!

3iron

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdo all, I'm Ben from the Midlands, UK.

I've had my 2008 FZ6 S2 since November. First big bike and loving it. I've got a lot to learn! Still chilly and dark in the UK, haven't let this stop me mind! Looking forward to the Spring and Summer.

Still have my trusty CG125 I'm not sure if I could ever sell it, it just keeps going!

All the best,
Ben

brle7817

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey y'all, I'm Brett. I live in Fort Worth TX. I got my blue 06 FZ6 3 days ago. While this isnt my first bike, it IS my first 4-cylinder. I started on a Buell blast and have only had sport twins since. I'm loving this bike so far, and can't wait to put some quality miles on it!

Cesarz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi!
My name is Simon. I am from Poland - (Upper Silesia Region). I am 30 yo. My bike is 2008- FZ6 Fazer GT.
Best Regards

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, my name is Dick, I live on the east coast and am a first time rider. Picked up my 2006 FZ6 in March 2015 and have been riding every sunny day since. I took my rider class back in February of 2015 as well. Came here looking for conversion kits and mods and it looks like I'm trapped. Im pumped!

Where abouts on the east coast are you? I'm in south Jersey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fairly new rider here. Started riding in October on a terrible little Nighthawk 250 and upgraded to a 2004 FZ6 in January 16.

Logged about 4k miles in that time, split between commuting in San Francisco and playing around in the gorgeous California mountain roads.

Found the forum looking for technical information on the bike and for help getting the suspension sorted for a heavy rider.

man@venture

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all. 2 year noob rider. Just upgrading to a fz6 from a gs500. Thank to this forum and the members here i have learned a lot about my new to me fz and I'm well on my way to sorting out some issues I have found. Hopefully with all this help I can fix any "expensive" things before i get it to a shop for a final safety.
Great forum.

Hansoahu

Reaction score
Visit site
Aloha I am Hans and I have lived on Oahu for 13 years. Originally from Half Moon Bay in Northern California. I just bought a 2008 FZ6 and made an album with a few photos. I am addicted to bikes and ride a Ducati Hypermotard 796 named Red, a Ducati M900 named Yellow and like to buy new used ones. Really want to get Blue (my FZ6) fixed so I can ride her and so she can be my daily. The throttle is sticking and my mechanic thinks there is varnish/crud built up around injectors, intake and butterfly valves etc all friction surfaces. I guess it is best to do plugs while in there. I bought her with aftermarket Leo Vince pipes and was wondering if you guys could recommend larger injectors and what besides intake gaskets my mechanic and I will need. Any information is greatly appreciated. I thought I could just buy a Yamaha FZ6 and never have a problem with her ever..... I was a bit mistaken.

Please help with any info you can for my project. We lubed the cables and found that was not the issue.
image1.JPG
Hans

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

Last edited:

Dkobra

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all!

I am a proud owner of the 08 Fazer ( slow black ). I had recently upgraded from an 07 ninja 250, which i had ridden for two years.
I put about 15,000 miles on it and sold it with 20k.

Recent college grad. , building career and whatnot.

My current plan is to ride this baby up to Montreal in the summer. For that, i will need to acquire a nice set of luggage mounts and other mods : ).

Glad to be a member!

ALawrence

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I'm from Austin Tx, I've been riding a blue honda rebel 250 for the last year - just learning to ride. Recently bought an 08 FZ6 and I love it. My first evening riding around testing it out reminded me of why I wanted to learn to ride. It just makes me happy. And now I have a big enough bike to ride with my friends : ) Looking forward to many fun miles !

TFAB

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone
I'm new to the forum and to riding in general. I picked up a 07 FZ6 about 2 weeks ago for my first bike. The bike appears to be lightly modified with a two brothers exhaust, aftermarket headlight (that needs to be replaced due to it melting), rear fender delete, and it looks like the front has been lowered. I've put around 300 miles on the bike so far and I have had a blast. I look forward to learning about the FZ6 from this forum.

I recently moved to Fort Myers Fl from Atlanta Ga with my job. If there is anyone in the south west Florida area, it would be great to meet and go for a ride.

image (1).jpgimage (2).jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: new members to our great forum!
[MENTION=27655]TFAB[/MENTION] make sure that when your headlamp is on low beam that when it is switched from low beam to high beam that the low beam filament turns off. You should have a dual filament H4 type lamp. If your bike was converted to a single headlamp form a faired model the head lamp circuit must be modified or the headlamp can fail from overheating and damage the socket and surrounding plastics.:)