No more cageless living

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful car! I'm surprised I don't see more of those around, they're good looking and have that Subaru mechanical whatsit.

D

Dave.TX

I had an '07 Outback for about 3 years, if that means anything. Being 6'4" it just wasn't big enough for me so I sold it and bought an '07 Silverado quad cab. I didn't do anything like the above pic to my Subaru, it was a NA 4 cylinder. I thought if I got the turbo I'd get myself in trouble.

The BRZ doesn't have a turbo option, from what I remember reading when they came out with these. Guess they still don't. Maybe someday they will but guess they figure it'd hurt the WRX/STi sales.

Quit bull****ting us and put a turbo in the BRZ - Road & Track

Edit: Never mind. Apparently this car was Toyota's idea and used Subaru to build it (being they are a partial owner of Fuji Heavy Industries) and allowed Subaru to sell an almost identical version of the Scion FR-S - just with a few more fancy upgrades in options or trim level. I do remember one review I saw when the car was introduced: they said they didn't care it didn't have a turbo because it was so fun to drive! I do like the looks of the BRZ and if I fit in it would like to drive it (I don't fit in a Mazda Miata, can't physically get in one).

Scion FR-S vs Subaru BRZ – The Same But Different – RoadandTrack.com - Road & Track

Last edited by a moderator:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had an '07 Outback for about 3 years, if that means anything. Being 6'4" it just wasn't big enough for me so I sold it and bought an '07 Silverado quad cab. I didn't do anything like the above pic to my Subaru, it was a NA 4 cylinder. I thought if I got the turbo I'd get myself in trouble.

The BRZ doesn't have a turbo option, from what I remember reading when they came out with these. Guess they still don't. Maybe someday they will but guess they figure it'd hurt the WRX/STi sales.

Quit bull****ting us and put a turbo in the BRZ - Road & Track

Edit: Never mind. Apparently this car was Toyota's idea and used Subaru to build it (being they are a partial owner of Fuji Heavy Industries) and allowed Subaru to sell an almost identical version of the Scion FR-S - just with a few more fancy upgrades in options or trim level. I do remember one review I saw when the car was introduced: they said they didn't care it didn't have a turbo because it was so fun to drive! I do like the looks of the BRZ and if I fit in it would like to drive it (I don't fit in a Mazda Miata, can't physically get in one).

Scion FR-S vs Subaru BRZ – The Same But Different – RoadandTrack.com - Road & Track

Yup.. This car is about handling.. Definitely not power. I know 6' 5" people fit in it.. No idea about "girth" though. So far I love it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got around to waxing it

attachment.php

attachment.php

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got around to waxing it

:spank: WHAT!!! :spank:

Moderator: How do we take rep points away from this guy?

Eric - Your inner teenager is suffering.

So, which is it?

A. You decided to grow up and lost your happy thought?
B. You FINALLY got one too many toys, and one of them had to wait for some TLC?
or
C. It's been sitting in the garage and had all of three specks of dust on it before the wax job. (Which by the way was a job well done.):thumbup:

We're worried about you. Don't make us do an intervention.

Chris

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:spank: WHAT!!! :spank:

Moderator: How do we take rep points away from this guy?

Eric - Your inner teenager is suffering.

So, which is it?

A. You decided to grow up and lost your happy thought?
B. You FINALLY got one too many toys, and one of them had to wait for some TLC?
or
C. It's been sitting in the garage and had all of three specks of dust on it before the wax job. (Which by the way was a job well done.):thumbup:

We're worried about you. Don't make us do an intervention.

Chris

lmao!! The answer is D. B+C

Definitely too many toys and the car rarely gets used. I knew I had to wax it before winter though... so it can be all nice and shiny in the garage :rof:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So eric... does the "faster blue" rule apply here????

I remember a friend of mine used to joke that anything yellow was water proof, just think rubber duckys and rain coats and she had a point!

just a-wonderin"

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I really do love the lines on that car and you know that there are numerous folks working on some performance bits. It's too bad that the great state of New Joizy requires a front plate, I have always hated front license plates, but in your case it really distorts the look. I imagine that garage of yours must be starting to get a little crowded by now.....:rolleyes:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really do love the lines on that car and you know that there are numerous folks working on some performance bits. It's too bad that the great state of New Joizy requires a front plate, I have always hated front license plates, but in your case it really distorts the look. I imagine that garage of yours must be starting to get a little crowded by now.....:rolleyes:

Yeah, front plates suck. I did get the plate relocation kit so I at least wouldn't have to drill the bumper.

I've got a 1 car garage, in which I keep a motorcycle trailer, 4 bicycles, 2 motorcycles, 8 car wheels (full Winter set for each car), 2 snowboards, air compressor, shop vac, all my tools .... oh and a car :rolleyes:

attachment.php

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here it's the Toyota 86. I test drove it before I bought my current Beemer but after driving a diesel for 6 years I couldn't rev a car like that to make it go so I bought another diesel.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here it's the Toyota 86. I test drove it before I bought my current Beemer but after driving a diesel for 6 years I couldn't rev a car like that to make it go so I bought another diesel.

Yeah, it's the anti-diesel! Like FZ6.. it likes lots of revs.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that your FZ1 buried in the back corner? Just think how convenient it would be parking your bike if you didn't have to put that car inside.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that your FZ1 buried in the back corner? Just think how convenient it would be parking your bike if you didn't have to put that car inside.

LMAO! Yeah, that's my FZ1 and yes.. it sucks getting it out of there when the car is in the garage (have to pull the car out, pull the bike out, put the car back in).

Hmm.. convert master bedroom (which is over the garage) into a 2-story garage.. :sinister:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site