Should we allow gory vids or photos on the site

Should we censor certian images and video on the site?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn't have said it any better fisheye. If you guys want to watch those sort of videos feel free to go roaming the internet for them, i'm sure you'll find many sites dedicated to this sort of viewing. This is a motorcycle forum, everything about motorbikes...seeing a guy die does not teach me anything other than we as humans are not invincible and that bodies being dragged along the road does not look good at all.

Looking at death videos is pointless, your better off looking at training videos where they show you how to be most aware, proficient and expert on your bike. All these skills are required for you to stay alive...and are alot more important then watching what happens when things go wrong.

As has been mentioned, if you filter bad language to stop people being offended then allowing the upload of these grusome videos should not be allowed either, regardless of you putting a WARNING sign on the thread.

Of course, this is my view, and I doubt very much if it makes much of a difference as the majority of the guys here dont mind having it on the site.

Last edited:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site

Maybe my opinion would be different if I didn't open the video of the guy getting smeared by the semi truck with my son standing right behind me this morning

Why would you watch it with your son there? It clearly had a warinng!

fisheye

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you really think I called him in to watch a video of crap like that?

If I remember the warning said bad crash or something like that.At that time in in the morning I was having my coffee and reading new posts.The last thing on my mind was seeing something like that.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just add another Forum so that new threads that contain offensive or disturbing images are placed in that specific area. This would prevent anyone to accidently view these specific kind of threads accidentally. You, as a member would be entering that zone voluntarily.

flyer34

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't censor anything.

Posters - Use common sense and give warning if the content could be upsetting.

Readers - Use common sense and read before you click.

S

sportrider

I voted to censor the vids, but maybe thats me being a little selfish. I didn't used to mind that sort of thing but lately I don't like it, I find it disturbing. I understand that we (I) sometimes need a reminder that I'm not invincible. but after something like that, I don't really want anymore reminders of how fragile we really are. I think most of us ride with in are skill levels. that should leave some room for error. I know that when I start to ride over my head usually I get a warning sign like blowing a line in a corner or getting that uncomfortable feeling with the pace. if you are wise enough to listen and watch for the "warning signs" and reel it in a bit you shouldn't need to see someone getting killed to have an awakening. :thumbup:

now if I could just borrow some of Steve's bleach to clean that image out of my head!!!

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
in a Harleyforum I belong to they have the adult threads with a password...that way if you go in there you know what you are getting into...

Just a thought

password_star.jpg

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im leaning to the private access forum.... Wait till the poll closees in a few days and see what the votes are thou..

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Alrighty.. Whats is gonna be? I think everyone agrees we are all adults and rated "R" material should have it's own "members only" forum. Permission from Dennis or password access of course.

Ummmm.... How did you arrive at that conclusion? Last time I checked this thread and poll, the vast majority agree that we should NOT censor the threads as long as they are properly tagged. I don't see anything about a majority agreeing to a "members only" forum.

Last edited:
S

sportrider

Ummmm.... It won't be censored... It will be in a members only area. If your not a member here you can't see it. Say a kid surfs in... They can't see it.

Put it this way. As it stands now, if I see anything offensive I will remove and or move it if not posted in the proper location. Pictures of horrific accidents with sucking chest wounds, guts, and brain matter add no value to the forum. If we create a place for this, have at it! As long as the rules are adheared to I don't care what ya post. And I believe thats the point of this thread. Right? Setting up the rules?:thumbup:
well said, if it comes down to it someone can P.M. the mods for a password to view the section if they want to see it. if the password is kept the same once you have it you can view all the threads in that section till your hearts content. but no one will see them by accident.:thumbup:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay here is the ditty the vote results from the poll are 48 to 16 in favor of allowing those types of posts.. So.... we will allow them... But they have to be marked otherwise they get deleted. There are over 20 thousand posts on the site and less than 4 of them have what would be considered gore...

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.