The American Mentality (As Told by our Youth)

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe your mechanic. I remember hearing / reading the sentiment that few people could really get everything out of a modern sportbike on a street.

No, babe, you don't look fat at all in that dress.. LOL.

Anyone can get more out of a 1 liter bike than a 600. All you need to do is twist the throttle down that is exactly why a lot of insecure 600 riders try to talk guys out of 1 liter bikes because they don't want to have people they label as worse themselves zipping past them on the straight aways.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey don't be dissin the liter riders! :BLAA:
You said "most", not all, so I'll consider myself in the minority :D

This brings up an interesting point: (and a major thread hijackage!) what do you all think constitutes using any given motorcycle to its full potential? Is it about leaning it over as far as it will go? Being smooth? Ability to stop very quickly? Be generally fast?

It was more specific towards the general sportbike riders, I don't consider you or your bike in that category. My next bike is going to be a 1200, but not a liter sportbike.

If you have a rider who has proven that they are proffecient in riding a 600 sportbike in all categores on what the bike was designed to do, cornering, braking, fast, slow, turning radius, riding long or short distance, etc, and are smooth with great control, maybe the next step is a liter sportbike. I see a lot of riders who are on a 1000cc sportbike and they are holding on to their dear life, and they scare the heck out me. The only thing that they can do well is ride in a straight line, and we all know that a motorcycle does not even require a rider to do that.

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
its not really an ST bike. its ok for medium sized trips but you'd be hard pressed to do a true iron-butt on one. and its not really about being purpose built, a 1000 has a longer wheelbase for stability to cope with the extra power, but this also means that it will be less flickable than a bike with a shorter wheelbase. so the tighter the road gets the more a 600 has an advantage over a 1000, every time. but on a track where the corners arent super tight and stacked on each other the power greatly outweighs the advantages in handling, hence why 1000s are faster there.

My speed triple has a shorter wheelbase than an FZ6...:Flip::D

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
.. .. .. The only thing that they can do well is ride in a straight line, and we all know that a motorcycle does not even require a rider to do that.

:rof: :rof: That statement cracks me up! Esp when you see a rider is evicted and the bike carries on correcting itself!