Tractor pull

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really sorry Jules, I slept in today, and have woken up with a massive head-ache, basically, my day is screwed. I haven't got your number, so can't let you know.

Looks like a bad weekend all round, Just spoke to Wolfman, and he's been at the Hospital all night with his #1 son, had an Asthma attack... it's all good now, but he didn't get home until 7:30am. Big "sorry" from them as well.

Once again, really sorry, and apologies to your better half, hope you didn't go to too much trouble. :(

We'll have to find another "High Horsepower" event and try this again.

I guess I'll have to drag out my BBQ and host one of these too, just be a boring ride getting from my place to some decent roads.

Cheers :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really sorry Jules, I slept in today, and have woken up with a massive head-ache, basically, my day is screwed. I haven't got your number, so can't let you know.

Looks like a bad weekend all round, Just spoke to Wolfman, and he's been at the Hospital all night with his #1 son, had an Asthma attack... it's all good now, but he didn't get home until 7:30am. Big \"sorry\" from them as well.

Once again, really sorry, and apologies to your better half, hope you didn't go to too much trouble. :(

We'll have to find another \"High Horsepower\" event and try this again.

I guess I'll have to drag out my BBQ and host one of these too, just be a boring ride getting from my place to some decent roads.

Cheers :)

Ok, first of all apologies Jules, but i have had a rough night & then day. Aidin has been quite sick, and we have been back to the hospital again today...but he seems to have stabilised now...thank god!

Hope you guys had a great day, better than mine, and thanks Stumbles for letting people know what had happened to me this morning.

:(

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well tractor pull day has been and gone, sorry no photos of the bikes together, there was only one, and that was ozzyboys. Unfortunately bad things affected today, as stumbles had a cracking headache, but worse than that wolfs son had a asthma attack. With the weather on the ifish side i drove because the girlfriend didnt want to be on the bike if it rained. The day itself stayed pretty dry and was pretty enjoyable. There was however not even a full paddock due to other reasons. The last straw which made us leave was clarey the clown, one absolutely not good clown. After the tame straight borring ride up oz had to go home another way and said i see hills that way so i suppose he went that way, cause he never past us on the way home.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The last straw which made us leave was clarey the clown, one absolutely not good clown. .

Clary the Clown is an idiot! have seen him before being a tool at Mallala!

Glad to hear Aidin's ok Wolf,not nice when kids get that crook.Be thinkin' of ya :thumbup:

Thanks Oz, he seems to be all good now...is rugged up on the couch watching the cricket.

:Flash:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very sorry to see your boy in the quack's Wolfman:(. Best wishes from me too.
Hope you came good Stumbles...Nothing worse than a sick day on your weekend:thumbup:.

Righto..... Brekkie....Was fantastic:drool::bow:. My jacket didn't fit very well for the ride to Kapunda....lol. Great job Jules....Love your work.

Clarey the clown was an absolute.......well.....clown:spank:.......oops, so am I....lol.

The tractor pulling was pretty much as I expected....A bunch of blokes with a dream, and some spare time on their hands....lol. I loved the twin rotary engined mini and the triple big block 454 the most.....that's right...3x454's running through to 1 set of back wheels..lol. Psycho....lol:rockon:.

Went home via Angaston and Birdwood, Campbelltown, Cudlee creek, Lobie, Lenswood, Uraidla, some ducking and weaving around Stirling, Mylor, Meadows Clarendon and home. Even longer than the wet trip over to Jules' place.

All up I covered 510 km and they were pretty hard going km's...lol.

The new tire is all scrubbed in now:thumbup:.

I didn't shoot past the turnoff this time either...lol.:D

Pics to come....only just got home after leaving at 7:45 this morning.:eek:
Had a great day:cheer:
Cheers
Mike

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im also sorry to hear about ur son wolf , i hope he makes a speedy recovery :thumbup: ...... You know a Rum would fix him right up ;)...... LOL it works with me........

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a real backside numbing day you've had there mike :thumbup: What sort of tyre did u end up putting on ? Ive just ordered some Avon Viper's :D

Actually my backside was moving from side to side a lot so it's not too bad:rockon:, but the wrists and forearms are flogged:spank:...lol. Felt real good though. The new tire now matched up with the rear is plenty sticky compared to the OEM tire and gives me loads more confidence in the wet and the dry....well, I reckon I'll have to work pretty hard...or stuff up:eek:...to make it let go on me.

Have gone with the Dunlop Roadsmart 3ct tires this time round and will probably do 1 more rear then try out the Pilot Roads. Be able to compare each on a level playing field and give an accurate review:thumbup:.

The profile is better too and it turns in so smoothly now:cheer:.

Oh! on another note. Did somebody smear some kangaroo attractant on me:eek: ...lol...Just out of Lobie a nice big one hops out of a side road in front of me. I lay on the skids and slow to about 20km/h and follow it as it hops along the road for about 300m until it turns off into a driveway:Flip:. An old bloke in his tractor up ahead thought it was hilarious....musta near peed his pants:spank:....lol.
Cheers
Mike

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Geez skip where did that fizzer come from.......:thumbup: :rof: You and your skippies lately , WOW did you break a mirror or sumfin ? :D If i were you i'd just :surrender: before 1 bounds over a fence oneday and finally does take you out :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The roo's are allover our roads in SA right now as it is so dry even before summer.they arelooling for water on the sides of the road!is a bit of a hazard to us bike riding folk!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Luckily i only get the odd 1 just as the sun starts to come up on my way to work , my biggest problem is cows....LOL:D , they keep busting thru the fence near work and i often come hooking round the corner an come face to face with a mooer :eek: :thumbup:......... Makes me think i mite actually rather an encounter with skippy :D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Right now there's a bunch of skippies sitting around complaining about me:eek:, "...and that blue motorbike, it just keeps popping outta nowhere. Flies up next to you and stops or follows you down the road:spank:."
"Yeah skip I know. It's the rain we've been having. All these critters are coming out looking for dry roads:don'tknow:.":rof::rof:

I've also seen a few deer cross the road near myponga res.:eek:

The new Dunlop 3ct seems to be ok:thumbup:....so far. Originally wanted the Pilot Roads but would've had to wait:(. So now I'm stuck with them as I had a good rear on so I got a matching front and will go through another rear before I can get the set of pilot roads next time:cheer:. The up side is I can give an honest comparison of the 2 in what will most likely be similar conditions either side of summer if you know what I mean:D.
Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Right now there's a bunch of skippies sitting around complaining about me:...and that blue motorbike, it just keeps popping outta nowhere. Flies up next to you and stops or follows you down the road
\"Yeah skip I know. It's the rain we've been having. All these critters are coming out looking for dry roads:don'tknow:.\"

I've also seen a few deer cross the road near myponga res.:eek:

The new Dunlop 3ct seems to be ok:so far. Originally wanted the Pilot Roads but would've had to wait:(. So now I'm stuck with them as I had a good rear on so I got a matching front and will go through another rear before I can get the set of pilot roads next time:cheer:. The up side is I can give an honest comparison of the 2 in what will most likely be similar conditions either side of summer if you know what I mean:D.
Cheers
Mike

Putting Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's on this week.....:Flash: Super sticky rubber for summer riding Shenanigan's.......might help me dodge the local fauna that seems to be attracted to our glorious FZ6's!

:eek:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There's more. This is just my first youtube tester.:thumbup:

[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=4i1T9lUuW7M"]YouTube - Kapunda Tractor pull, Full pull[/ame]

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that Mike...just reinforced to me that i missed a great day...Aidin would of loved it too. :(

:thumbup: