What would you eliminate in today's society and why?

What item can you live without having in today's world?

• Not having any type of mobile phone.

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • Not having a vehicle, motorcycles okay.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Not having any plastic, no credit or debit cards.

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Not having any computer, desktop,laptop or Ipad.

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you had to select one item from this list, what would you get rid of and why?

I can't vote, since my bike is my only ride so my selection would not be fair since I don't own or have a car or truck.

Last edited:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I voted for mobile phones because people have abused the privilege, they use them in their cars, at work and just about anyplace you can think of. I guess I'm old fashioned but no body needs to talk that much. I know for a fact that productivity has gone down due to talking on the phone as I have observed that where I used to work and you can't tell me that the kids aren't texting instead of paying attention in class. Just my 2 cents worth.

Jerry

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I still don't have a smartphone. And I'd like to know how much is being spent in DC right now to erect extra cellphone towers in preparation for the inauguration tomorrow, just so spectators can post immediate "I-was-there-hyuk!" photos... :disapprove:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted for mobile phones because people have abused the privilege, they use them in their cars, at work and just about anyplace you can think of. I guess I'm old fashioned but no body needs to talk that much. I know for a fact that productivity has gone down due to talking on the phone as I have observed that where I used to work and you can't tell me that the kids aren't texting instead of paying attention in class. Just my 2 cents worth.

Jerry

And then there's the abuse where people call your home and tell the wife,"This is the Anza Borrego Desert Patrol" can I speak to you J.B.?:rolleyes::spank:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted for the cell phone because I did just fine before I had one. It is nice to have in an emergency tho.

DonValdez

midlife crisis
Reaction score
Visit site
well cliff and jerry have cell phones and still don't call!!! just thought i'd say hello. haven't heard from you guy's in awhile. looking forward to the next ride

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
well cliff and jerry have cell phones and still don't call!!! just thought i'd say hello. haven't heard from you guy's in awhile. looking forward to the next ride

LMAO! Just as you were writing this I called you! Hahaha!

I had to dig up Dons number from my old phone...:D

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I voted for plastic (cards). I've gone most of the last year without a debit or credit card. I finally got one again when I got my motorcycle so I could buy stuff off ebay, the local bike shop would be happy if I couldn't do that anymore.

I don't mind the cars, but I do mind the idiot drivers. I love coming up on unsuspecting texting while driving individuals and bounce the rev limiter on them. Scares the piss out of them everytime as I shake my head in disgust.

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't you see some of those pics from third world countries, they use their motorcycles for everything even the whole family, so I went with vehicles

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with Aaron. Since I live in SoCal I could be almost half as tough as Kenny and survive the SoCal winter. :rolleyes:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you had to select one item from this list, what would you get rid of and why?

I can't vote, since my bike is my only ride so my selection would not be fair since I don't own or have a car or truck.
I can get by very easily without my debit card. It actually helps me budget. 100 euro in the wallet for a week. Once its gone its gone.
I think we should go back to the barter system lol.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted no more plastic as I feel it would help to get rid of the "debt is okay" mentality in the world. (Well at least the one in the US)

While people abuse the privilege of mobile phones, I feel like the ability to have communication at any time does help society. On top of that, having the whole wealth of knowledge of the internet at your fingertips is a good thing.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Credit! It is buying stuff on credit that got us into this financial mess our country is in!

Live within your means. The only loan the average person needs is a mortgage...vehicles, luxuries and entertainment should be purchased within your budget!

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely the phone. Good to have in an emergency, but the fact is that it causes more emergencies then it solves. I see people backing out of their driveways already yapping on the phone. These people are not so important as to need to be in constant communications (they would have nicer homes with longer driveways LOL) The car has become a 4-wheeled phone booth!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't vote as there was nothing listed I would give up. I'm glad we have all those modern devices and would not want to go backwards.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
im going to vote plastic, as long as that means the credit system. imho the demise of the US started with the credit system. most people are not responsible enough to manage themselves, when they dont have a definite sense of "im getting into dire straits with my money" versus having spent way past what they had, and are in the "oooooohhh **** im in deep now" category. granted, now society is now based off of this system, and even the government, who should be able to manage their own money since they are also manipulating ours, have screwed themselves. i use a debit card but that is only tied into the money i have and therefore cant sink myself deep, i can only go broke. but i also realize that one day i will have to start building credit, and as soon as i get my credit up, i will dispose of the card and return to where im at today.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Phones, just go back to an answering machine, and checking my email twice a day.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm starting to get annoyed with the dependent of plastic.

I mean there are certain places where you can't even use cash anymore. In my honest opinion, I think using plastic slows the line down at the register at stores in certain situations. Asking them to punch in their pin, or check their ID, or waiting for them to get approval for cash back. If they would have had cash from the first place, they wouldn't have to waste everyone's time that are waiting behind that person to get the approval.

There are vending machines that won't even take cash anymore. Or the airlines, if you fly and want to pay for a beverage or snacks, most won't take cash. I think that should be illegal.

However the scammer loves this, the more dependent people are using their plastic, greater the opportunity.

Not saying that plastic is bad, it's good and has it's advantages. But it's getting way too dependent, and honestly, I don't trust a lot of the businesses having that kind of access to my financial, even if it's not that much.