Which is the best Bike riders magazine in Australia???

Which of these bike rags is your favourite???

• Australian Motorcycle news!

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Australian Road rider!

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Rapid Bikes!

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Australian Motorcycle trader!

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Two Wheels!

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, i was sitting on the thrown tonight...looking at the rather large collection of bike mag's that i have sitting next to the crappa, and started to wonder which Aussie bike mag gives me the best reading?

I am a bit torn, as most Aussie bike mag's are pretty decent these days...so working out which one i like best is not an easy decision...and it got me thinking, which is the most popular, and most informative, etc....

So i thought i would start a poll amongst us Aussie louts, to see what everyone else thinks....

Attached to this thread is a poll....

People, vote with your keyboard...

I have only included mainstream road bike based mag's, and non "boat anchor"( choppers!!!) mags, or off road bike orientated mag's, cause i am biased!!!!

:thumbup:

Last edited:
Two Wheels , where is Two Wheels ??? I cant vote without a Two Wheels option :D

:rof:

Think what Im typing being spoken by Borat, 'Two Wheels. Its a very nice, 1 2 3 naaaat'

AMCN for me, and for my offroad/adventure riding, Trailzone. Other Aussie mags can take a leaf out of Trailzone's book, the Jan/Feb issue each year, they give an 80 minute DVD of highlighs from some of their rides & tours from the previous year. Bloody awesome if you ask me :thumbup:

Can't comment on AMCN, but recently got a couple of copies of Australian Road Rider which I liked. Few good articles, reviews and roads to ride.

Two Wheels , where is Two Wheels ??? I cant vote without a Two Wheels option :D

Yeah, well, it was 5am in the morning...i was tired....really liked their 500th issue recently. :thumbup:

AMCN for me - can't wait to pick it up each issue. Been buying them for years.

:D

Every issue since i was 15 years old....i have plies and piles and piles of them stashed in bookshelf's, dunny's, in the shed, next to the bed, the bath, and the TV, plus a fair few in boxes!!!

Oh, except for Boris.

I can't stand Boris.

I agree, i think Boris is a total wanker...and would love to meet him in person so that i could tell him! Something which Matty (Silverback) has had the opportunity to do....

Can't comment on AMCN, but recently got a couple of copies of Australian Road Rider which I liked. Few good articles, reviews and roads to ride.

Australian Road rider is a great mag...more of a "lifestyle" mag, and definitely for the rider who likes to tour...in fact, i now also wait rather impatiently for each issue to come out...the editor, Peter "The Bear" Theoming is a bit of an icon in Aussie bike literature, and magazine's, so the mag is in good hands.

I also love Rapid, because a lot of it is about home built specials, and blinged out sports, streetfighter, and naked bikes...great place to get a bit of inspiration for modding your trusty steed.

Two Wheels is a good mag, but can be a bit bland sometimes IMHO.

IMHO Australian Bike Trader is also getting much better now, less regurgitation of AMCN articles, and now more bike maintenance, mechanical, and gear option articles are turning up...once again, this mag's editor is another Aussie bike mag icon, Ken Wooton, and it seems this mag is now becoming a lot more than just a place to sell or buy a bike.

One other bad thing about AMCN these days, no "Where's Woose?"

I may be over 7, but I used to love looking for him in every issue.

Am I alone here guys? ;)

At Phillip Island in 2001, I saw him and yelled at him "There's Woose!"

One other bad thing about AMCN these days, no "Where's Woose?"

I may be over 7, but I used to love looking for him in every issue.

Am I alone here guys? ;)

At Phillip Island in 2001, I saw him and yelled at him "There's Woose!"

Yes, i used to enjoy looking for the bucket hat wearing Woose each issue....it got quite difficult at times!!!

As for yelling out at him, "There's Woose"...you idiot! lol!

Thanks for giving me to option for voting :thumbup: I buy every issue of the great mag & like you really enjoyed the 500th :rockon:

I also have them laying around the thrown , mancave , bookshelves , under the bed , coffee table & so on & so on... Everyone can walk into my house & pick up a copy anywhere :thumbup:

Always enjoy reading the STONER colomn , learning curve is always an interesting read & bike doc is great :rockon:

Ohh yeah & Disco , you liked it untill they stopped you posting rides on the forum :BLAA:

Thanks for giving me to option for voting :thumbup: I buy every issue of the great mag & like you really enjoyed the 500th :rockon:

I also have them laying around the thrown , mancave , bookshelves , under the bed , coffee table & so on & so on... Everyone can walk into my house & pick up a copy anywhere :thumbup:

Always enjoy reading the STONER colomn , learning curve is always an interesting read & bike doc is great :rockon:

Ohh yeah & Disco , you liked it untill they stopped you posting rides on the forum :BLAA:

I meant to give you the option straight up...i was just a little pickled at that point of the morning!

That was Matt who said that :spank:

I don't buy the mag anymore. Only thing I miss about it is Kevin Ash's page. Oh, and getting some of my posts put into print :thumbup:

Not sure if he will. He's not a fan of the mighty FZ.

He freaked at the BP when I told him it was a bunch of current & former FZ6 riders who all still own Yamaha's, he felt so out of place on that inferior Zuk :D

Back