Which Tyre????

Which tyre is the best for grip and cornering?

• Michelin Pilot Road 3

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • Michelin Pilot Road 2

Votes: 17 12.3%
  • Z6 Interact

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Z8 Interact

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Pirelli Angel

Votes: 18 13.0%
  • BT - 023

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • AVON Ultra storm II

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other please state

Votes: 15 10.9%

• Total voters

9zero7

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put on a set of Pilot Road 4s and I can't say enough good about them. Fantastic in the rain and grippy as hell in the twistys.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be ordering tires in the next few days. My bike currently has Dunlop Qualifiers and I must say that I like them. They warm up immediately, have great grip, communicate well, and to my surprise they have lasted about 6,000 miles. I can't tell you how they handle in the rain because I try not to ride in those conditions and when I do I ride very conservatively.

I'm going to be a heretic and not purchase a set of PR's. I gave the PRs serious consideration but in the end I'm going to purchase a set of Dunlop Q3+ tires. I just don't want to give up any handling/grip/feedback because when things go bad, that extra margin of handling is my safety net and my way out of trouble. I'll gladly trade a few thousand miles of tread life for a tire that I have 100% confidence.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be ordering tires in the next few days. My bike currently has Dunlop Qualifiers and I must say that I like them. They warm up immediately, have great grip, communicate well, and to my surprise they have lasted about 6,000 miles. I can't tell you how they handle in the rain because I try not to ride in those conditions and when I do I ride very conservatively.

I'm going to be a heretic and not purchase a set of PR's. I gave the PRs serious consideration but in the end I'm going to purchase a set of Dunlop Q3+ tires. I just don't want to give up any handling/grip/feedback because when things go bad, that extra margin of handling is my safety net and my way out of trouble. I'll gladly trade a few thousand miles of tread life for a tire that I have 100% confidence.

You have the Q3 now then? I share your opinion also. They are confidence inspiring even in the chilly early spring weather. The Fizzer isn't a torque monster so why not stick to soft sport bike tires and enjoy them?

Please share your thoughts on the Q3+ after you have a chance to scrub them in.