wolfman down but not out!

Really glad your okay. Sucks hearing a fellow FZ'er has had a crash. Cagers suck, thank god you were paying attention.

You really handled yourself like a pro in the accident. Stayed calm and even minimized damage to yourself and your baby. Just think, now you have an excuse for more new parts!

Hope recovery time is short and you heal as good as new Wolfman.

It looks like my Toy Run bad luck has rubbed off on you. The bad news is mine came in 3 but not a severe as yours so fingers crossed you will be right for next year. Don't let this stop you from doing the Run again though.

Have fun puting it back to it's former glory budz.

It looks like my Toy Run bad luck has rubbed off on you. The bad news is mine came in 3 but not a severe as yours so fingers crossed you will be right for next year. Don't let this stop you from doing the Run again though.

Have fun puting it back to it's former glory budz.

bike should be back on the toad in about a week, have been quietly sorting that today.will look even better,as I am putting a carbon engine cover on to cover road rash. Also bike shop rang me today to tell me my alarm was in...yay! Just wish my axle and fork sliders would hurry up and get here! Last week would of been good!

As for toy run,I will be there next year, was a lot of fun, and quite an adventure!

Axel sliders ,geeze mate can you spell irony

Speaking of which. After seeing first hand the value of good quality frame sliders, I'll be definitely ordering my axle sliders post haste. I was going to get some and had been putting it off but the difference they would've made is huge.

If anything useful can come of this nasty event, then I hope it inspires people to buy the best gear they can afford (and wear it at all times while riding) and to spend the dollars on some sliders to protect their investment. The image I have of the accident and the resultant damage to both the wolfman and his bike are not matching up in my head. Gear saved him a lot of damage to his body:thumbup:.

Cheers
Mike

Speaking of which. After seeing first hand the value of good quality frame sliders, I'll be definitely ordering my axle sliders post haste. I was going to get some and had been putting it off but the difference they would've made is huge.

If anything useful can come of this nasty event, then I hope it inspires people to buy the best gear they can afford (and wear it at all times while riding) and to spend the dollars on some sliders to protect their investment. The image I have of the accident and the resultant damage to both the wolfman and his bike are not matching up in my head. Gear saved him a lot of damage to his body:thumbup:.

Cheers
Mike

Mate.....your 100% correct, my gear was my saviour, i have no doubt whatsoever! As for the bike, i shudder at the thought of the damage that would of been inflicted without the original & best frame sliders - Oggy Knobs! Best $160 i have spent on the bike...by a fair distance after yesterday!

:thumbup:

Sorry to hear about your accident Wolfman, pleased to hear you're (relatively) OK. Sorry to hear about the bike.
Get well soon :thumbup:

Last edited:
****ty to see "wolfman down" thread title, but glad to see and read that you and the bike are 'okay'....Maybe its an opportunity to put on a 07+ sub-frame if yours is bent......Get well soon

****ty to see \"wolfman down\" thread title, but glad to see and read that you and the bike are 'okay'....Maybe its an opportunity to put on a 07+ sub-frame if yours is bent......Get well soon

That's exactly what i thought...i'm not dead! As for the rear subframe...you are right on the money, then i can have the much funkier 07+ pillion footpeg mounts, and a helmet lock! Enquired today, 04+ and 07+ subframes are the same price...

Can you see if you can dig him up, i would love to have a chat with him!

Another witness would be good!

Just looked photo, that is him...well spotted!

I just sent the guy a message, seeing if he know him.
Found a better pic too...
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_VHEDp3vKZLQ/SUT7-LxwJVI/AAAAAAAADoo/ebroctaugM8/s800/IMG_4346.JPG

:)

Damn, that was quick. He's giving him a call now.

The guy's name is Gary.

:)

Just spoke to Gary for half an hour, lovely guy, and backed up just what i might need him to, if the Insurance companies try to nail me with the majority of the blame....i just love the power of the internet!

Thanks Stumbles, i owe you one!

Arghh.....sorry to hear about the accident. Too bad the bike is damaged, but it is surely nice that you aren't seriously injured. I hope you are back on the bike as soon as possible.

Arghh.....sorry to hear about the accident. Too bad the bike is damaged, but it is surely nice that you aren't seriously injured. I hope you are back on the bike as soon as possible.

yes you are exactly right, bike is easy to fix, and i am sorta ok.....am suspicious of my ankle now...has blown up like a balloon tonight, and is black....back to the hospital i think.....:(

Back