wolfman down but not out!

Damn Jamie, as others have stated you handled the whole situation very professionally, before, during and after.

You hit the nail on the head regarding the gear. I've caught myself getting lax and not wearing my boots as of late, that changes today!

Looks like the bike actually fared pretty well, all things considered. I was expecting major bike gore; kinda like the guy from Georgia who posted earlier this week.

I noticed a bow in the shift rod of your rearset. Is that from the rearset itself being bent?

Good news on the witnesses, hopefully the insurance process isn't too bad.

Glad you made it out in one piece Wolfy! The bike looks pretty good! I am sure you`ll have it back on the road in no time :thumbup:

Had to take Wolfman back down to the hospital last night:(. Foot blew up like a football and turned a little black:eek:. After 6 hours-ish, they told him they'd keep him there 'til morning and he sent me packing....lol. Just got home.

I don't know whether they quite got it. I think because they saw him hobble in under his own steam both times they perhaps thought it was less serious than it was. Ah well. He's been seen by a doc at last (she was almost worth the wait...lol.) and he'll know some more after some more scans in the morning.

I'm sure he'll keep us all in the loop.

Yay....bed time.:D

Cheers
Mike

Glad that you made it through as well as you did.

The fact you are ok is the most important part but that you managed to minimise damage to the bike is great too.

Keep us posted about your recovery

Had to take Wolfman back down to the hospital last night:(. Foot blew up like a football and turned a little black:eek:. After 6 hours-ish, they told him they'd keep him there 'til morning and he sent me packing....lol. Just got home.

I don't know whether they quite got it. I think because they saw him hobble in under his own steam both times they perhaps thought it was less serious than it was. Ah well. He's been seen by a doc at last (she was almost worth the wait...lol.) and he'll know some more after some more scans in the morning.

Cheers
Mike

Mikey to the rescue again. He said on the phone last night that the ankle was getting bigger, and a trip back to hospital may be in order.

I think we all needs mates like you Mike, (I bet you took the long way home as well... didn't you???) For those that don't know, Mike lives about 10 mins away from Jamie, but a typical visit would end with a 1-2 hour journey home through the twisties...lol

Thanks again for looking after the Wolf, again.

:)

hey guys am posting from the hospital carpark!have been here10 hours this time, just found our that I am having a ct scan on my foot. Got. Called an a-hole by a doctor for asking him why I have been here for a total of 18 hours over 2 visits and still nothing has been done, and his reply was that I was not the only one here,a hole!

Nice!

Anyway all is good,will make a vigorous complaint to my local mp when I get out if this joint!

wow! Sooooo glad you're ok Jamie! I felt sick right now, when I saw the title of the thread.

Get well soon.

Cheers
Mike

Mike, thanks so much for all your help.3 cheers for ozzieboy! Thanks again to everyone for your concern

So Jamie... with the ribs all messed up, it's GOT to be hard to do DJ work. Are you taking time off to heal? I hope you heal up fast!

Always sad to hear of another biker going down.

Good job staying among the living! Here's to hoping for no lasting injuries! :iconbeer:

We'll have to remember this for next year, coming back home, take it real easy.

While I was visiting my Mother-In-Law at the Hospital Sunday night, I mentioned Wolfman's accident, and the nurse said about another rider from the toy run that was in there, and in a fairly bad way.

From the MC at the event, there were no incident's on the way up.

As I said before Jamie, if you need a hand with anything, or can't get hold of "Superman" (Mike), give me a yell.

:)

Back