2010 Dragons Tail FZ6RC Meet.

Gosling1

Take it easy Charlie. I've got an angle.
Reaction score
Visit site
As soon as my education benefits check gets here, I'll be sending my $$$.

W

wrightme43

No not at this time. Big downer so far is the places are already reserved. We may have to scale back. I am studying on it.

Steve

W

wrightme43

Unless Anthony already reserved it and I dont know about it, it looks like we can get the Treetops. (sleeps 10 or more if there are couples that dont mind to share a room with full size beds) Aug 2-9th for $1050 plus food) I expect 350$ on food this time if we have less people.
140-150$ each for a week. If people want to bring a sleeping bag, or sleep in a foldout chair, or a foldaway bed it will be less per person. We had over 16 there with the ninja250.org meet. Its the best one of the houses.

Tail of the Dragon Vacation Rentals near Cherohala Skyway and Deals Gap

Will that work for everyone?

Tour Guide

Reaction score
Visit site
hey Steve. Elisha and I would probably up for getting up there wed. after work and staying till Sun. mid-day. I'll keep checking the post as you firm up the days. Scott

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry guys, but this has kinda fell on the back burner. We haven't reserved anything yet, so lets decide a date and get it done. I'm easy so whatever we come up with is good with me. Steve's dates are a start. What interest do we have? So we need 7 people to pay $150 for me to reserve the cabin. We can worry about food $ after we get the cabin. Count me in so that's 1.

ant_mb $150.00

Total $150.00

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys from last year and the year before know what a great freakin time we had for just a little bit of $$. This has to be the best bang for the buck FZ trip out there!

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you ever been to a mechanic guy at the start of the hill...kinda old...

Wheeler? He's from my home town...nice guy and has a great reputation with the locals from what I understand.

You guys from last year and the year before know what a great freakin time we had for just a little bit of $$. This has to be the best bang for the buck FZ trip out there!

+1

Well worth it.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Question for those who stayed at the Ridge last trip? Do you have the GPS coordinates to the site? Thanks!!!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Mark.

OK guys this is for August 2nd through the 9th. We have 2 paid, and need 5 more to reserve the place.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok well I have had a bit of a mix up with financial aid in the past couple of days and my funding will be tight. The money should be there, however all my priorities go to rent and the trailer for my senior design project.

Really want to go, and had a blast last year. I will keeo you all informed as the situation unfolds.

-bryan

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Ant how much are we each having to put down for the deposit?

We need 7 people to put up $150 so we can reserve the house. After we get 7 then the next 2-3 people will be for food. So in short the $150 will pay for the cabin. I'm sure we won't have a problem filling the house, but I don't want to stick my neck out until we at least have the $1050 to rent the house. We can always work food out.

Last edited:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok well I have had a bit of a mix up with financial aid in the past couple of days and my funding will be tight. The money should be there, however all my priorities go to rent and the trailer for my senior design project.

Really want to go, and had a blast last year. I will keeo you all informed as the situation unfolds.

-bryan

I'm sure you can raise $150 over then next few months!:D It's being planned for a week this year, so you can't beet a week in gods country for $150.:D

Here is a pic of last years group. If I remember correctly all but 1 of these riders stayed at the 2 houses we rented. I can't think of one that wouldn't do it again.

Last edited:

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
It is an absolute blast! If you've never been to the dragon, this is an opportunity you can't pass up. If you have been before, then you know whey this trip is so amazing. I guarantee you will have the best time of you life! Greats roads, great bikes, great people, and (if Steve's cooking) great food.

Also, Ant and I are the coolest people you will ever meet....ever! If you need proof, check out this awesome video of us interacting with the native wildlife:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNElEFeNq34]YouTube - Great Hummingbird Hunt of 2009[/ame]

You should totally come just because we'll be there signing autographs.