All the Hoons in Hoonville! Lets Ride the 24th!

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My friend Mike coming?

Sent from Moto's Motorola

He's been doing some work on his bike and I don't think it'll be back together yet as he's still searching eBay & CL for some parts. I expect it'll just be me.

If anyone needs it, I have a guest room available too (Fri and/or Sat).

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bump for a good ride!

What time are we Hooning up at San Philip corner Saturday morning?

I'm thinking we can easily be there by 9:45-10:00 am. The temps in Borrego will hit a hi in the low 80's. Higher elevations will be in the sixties. Looks like it will be a beautiful day and we can alter our plans to maybe ride Sunrise Highway if we want. :rockon:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
That time works for me. Weather looks real nice, I'll ride where ever as long as the road is twisty.:D

It's going to be 75 up here this weekend. Too warm and dry for Northern Ca as we should be in the middle of winter. Hope you guys don't need water this summer :eek:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That time works for me. Weather looks real nice, I'll ride where ever as long as the road is twisty.:D

It's going to be 75 up here this weekend. Too warm and dry for Northern Ca as we should be in the middle of winter. Hope you guys don't need water this summer :eek:

It would be nice to have a wetter season here but it is, after all, arid and desert climate here. They'll keep building like crazy here and tell us there's a water shortage and drought. I always tell people, Of course there's a drought! It's the desert!"

Lisa and I hiked Palm Canyon to Palm Oasis last month. I have never seen it that dry. That will mean the Big Horn Sheep will probably stay higher up for run off. At least we've had some rain but not near enough for the winter...yet. :)

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm about 90% go for this, I will be sure either way on Friday afternoon and will post accordingly. If I'm in I'll meet you all at the big dirt lot between 9:30-10:00AM.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Doug, I know your not much for pictures, but I hope someone snaps a few from this ride! Sounds like a great time....hope y'all have as much fun as it sounds and give us who can't ride a fleeting thought :p

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm bringing a camera so I'll see what I can do. Screw the trailer stuff, the KTM is out and the Hippo is in. Riding down Friday on the back side of the Sierra's to by pass the central valley fog , traffic and all that BS. This way I more than double my riding time :)
I'm sure the Hoons will wait once in a while for the old guy on a Wing :rockon:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
O dark 30 and hitting the road at 7am. Temp in Truckee is 16 now but should be in the twenties by the time I get to Lake Tahoe. People think I spoiled with heated seats and grips but I never see them out in these conditions. At least no bugs on the windshield for a while.
A friend (Marc) from Minnesota will be joining us Saturday at the meet up location. He will be on a Triumph 800. See you hoonites tomorrow morning!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
O dark 30 and hitting the road at 7am. Temp in Truckee is 16 now but should be in the twenties by the time I get to Lake Tahoe. People think I spoiled with heated seats and grips but I never see them out in these conditions. At least no bugs on the windshield for a while.
A friend (Marc) from Minnesota will be joining us Saturday at the meet up location. He will be on a Triumph 800. See you hoonites tomorrow morning!

:eek::eek:Burrrrrrrr!:eek::eek: :rockon::thumbup:

See you soon Doug! :)

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
holy crap I'm gone for over a year and I come back and it's the same people even though few of us have FZ6's anymore. LOL WHAT'S UP PEEPS
Wish I wasn't 2000 miles from this ride.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You all have a great and safe ride tomorrow. :rockon:
I was doing all I could to get down there for this ride but recent circumstances just made it impossible. :(
Can't wait for the pics!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Jen, Mike, Victoria, Lisa Jerry and I had some pizza for dinner. :)

Great to hear you'll be with us Cali rider (John)

We'll miss you as always Lefty!
And Dirk! Where ya been? Lol!

Just spoke with Red Wasp and he made it to Palm Springs and will see us in the morning. :rockon:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Jen, Mike, Victoria, Lisa Jerry and I had some pizza for dinner. :)

Great to hear you'll be with us Cali rider (John)

We'll miss you as always Lefty!
And Dirk! Where ya been? Lol!

Just spoke with Red Wasp and he made it to Palm Springs and will see us in the morning. :rockon:

Haha I've been around. Just not around these parts. How the heck are ya, old man?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Blast from the past, how's It going Dirk? Hmmm, that map looks the same, head west and fill it up! I'm in Idaho