Almost done with the bike, time for some picture whoring

The acumen mod is not plug and play. It is for some Honda bikes as the person doing the mod has a Honda and know which wires to spice into in the instrument cluster. My cluster has a separate connection coming off the back for the Acumen. The wire is ran down the left side of the bike and soldered into the ECU harness under the tank. If someone knows which pins on our cluster connection is neutral, speed, and tech, I could then solder the acumen wires directly into the pins from inside the cluster and then it would be plug and play.

is that mod of the year; plug and play or do you have to soider some wires?

The acumen mod is not plug and play. It is for some Honda bikes as the person doing the mod has a Honda and know which wires to spice into in the instrument cluster. My cluster has a separate connection coming off the back for the Acumen. The wire is ran down the left side of the bike and soldered into the ECU harness under the tank. If someone knows which pins on our cluster connection is neutral, speed, and tech, I could then solder the acumen wires directly into the pins from inside the cluster and then it would be plug and play.

sorry i wish i knew

That looks sick man great work. IF I mod mine I'm going to look back at this thread.

I must say, that is one awesome-looking ride you have there. I like the grips.

If you genuinely want to alter the color of your exhaust, I keep getting ideas about SILICON. There's a new black type available. I wonder if you could simply cover the cans with the stuff?

I haven't tested this to confirm it but looking at the wiring diagram it looks like on the ECU harness:

Neutral safety switch is Light Green
Speed sensor is White/Yellow

For the tach sensor I think that the ECU may communicate with the multi-function meter (gauge cluster) via a serial interface. I've never had the cluster apart to know this but I'd assume the tach signal for the Acument input comes directly off a lead inside the cluster.

That is one classy bike, awesome choice of mods, and you didnt skimp either, prety much top spec stuff allover it.

Nice Job!

:thumbup:

I have to give kudos, nice bike and bad ass car.. good taste.. and fellow Texan! :) Nice job. Here's a shot f my car, have to get some shots of the bike on here, a blue one as well... no black powder coat.

What's the trick to putting on the tape? I have it on mine, but I notice areas of straight line mistakes, then back to round.. looks bad. aggravating.

Exhaust Tips

Are those what Scorpion exhaust tips look like now? or is that a custom or factory mod that was done on your cans. I like everything about Scorpion Exhausts, except the look of the tips. Your cans look more like Two Bros ones, which I like the look of much more. If this is what Scorpion exhausts look like know, then I'll feel good about getting those. Great looking bike, you'll put the rest of us to shame!

Now I rarely use big words .... but: GREAT JOB DUDE !!!!

Must have taken you a little more than 30 minutes :) , - How is the exhaust pipes holding up? I reckon you used a heat-resistant coat, but is it holding?

Once again, - the hat comes off in admiration!!

Now I rarely use big words .... but: GREAT JOB DUDE !!!!

Must have taken you a little more than 30 minutes :) , - How is the exhaust pipes holding up? I reckon you used a heat-resistant coat, but is it holding?

Once again, - the hat comes off in admiration!!

Thanks for the props. The exhaust headers are holding up fine, its been 4 months now and it still looks like new.

Re: Exhaust Tips

Are those what Scorpion exhaust tips look like now? or is that a custom or factory mod that was done on your cans. I like everything about Scorpion Exhausts, except the look of the tips. Your cans look more like Two Bros ones, which I like the look of much more. If this is what Scorpion exhausts look like know, then I'll feel good about getting those. Great looking bike, you'll put the rest of us to shame!

This is what the new scorpion exhausts look like now.

Really gorgeous. Makes me think of how nicely finished Triumph bikes are.

I'm curious as to why you lowered the bike? Are you, um, vertically challenged? Or was it a just a style thing? (not asking that in a critical tone, just asking -- it's your bike.) Did it change the ride characteristics?

Back