Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Let me know if this is something you think you would use. If there is a demand I will request the production.

there already is a solution that uses both lights for low beams yet just on switches to high (leaving the other on low). It is simply adding a wire to the factory harness. bd43 came up with this solution and sells the wire or you can make your own for about $5.

SirG

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for the info but I thought I was clear what I wanted. 2 (TWO) hi and 2 (TWO) low, NO cuts or splices to the OEM harness and to use the same socket style bulb.

SirG

Reaction score
Visit site
I wont know the exact cost till I get a reply from RF Corp. I'm thinking about $70 looks like the end user price but I cant be sure till its done. This would be a unit where you un-plug your harness going to your lights and hang it on the wall to be replaced with a new harness that will direct plug-in and use standard auto lights bulbs (headlamp #9007 is being considered) The response is great on other forums around the world. I guess if people will pay $200 for LED tail and blinkers, $100 is not much of a stretch for staying factory or OEM. :eyebrow:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I wont know the exact cost till I get a reply from RF Corp. I'm thinking about $70 looks like the end user price but I cant be sure till its done. This would be a unit where you un-plug your harness going to your lights and hang it on the wall to be replaced with a new harness that will direct plug-in and use standard auto lights bulbs (headlamp #9007 is being considered) The response is great on other forums around the world. I guess if people will pay $200 for LED tail and blinkers, $100 is not much of a stretch for staying factory or OEM. :eyebrow:

I'm sure some would be interested in getting pricing and facts about your proposed harness. When you get them, please start a new thread and don't thread jack this thread which is about Bi-Xenon lighting modification. Thank you.

I have to agree with krid80 that there is already a tried, proven, easy and cheap mod to get dual headlights. I think you'll have a hard time getting anyone to pay the prices you've listed jsut to get a dual high beam. one has to think how much riding does one do at night with high beams on anyway.... Not to mention I don't think that the people here who do mods to their bike are that concerned about "staying factory or OEM".

Last edited:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have tried to read over all the threads about this. I just got my kit in the mail and plan on doing this mod next weekend. I have the dual headlight mod that needed the extra pin to be made and inserted, should i remove that completely or just tape it off and leave it "in case". Will it hurt anything to just let it hang?

Also im not sure if i follow how to do the dual low/ dual high beam install.. can someone run through that again? lol..

sorry, i tried to read the directions on the headlights them selves, but coming from china they are horrible. "please to drill a hole in boot" and "the light to make rays like sun" haha... its so hard to understand.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess this is what im confused about. is the green "stock wire" that is being removed the wire from the bd43 mod? I dont know, i am a electronics technician. but i am SOOO bad with wiring diagrams. lol im just trying to figure out what their showing here. you are just splicing into the right hi/low side and making like a clone of it on the left low side? so nothing is hooked back up to the left, just what is ran to the right, is then carried to the left as well?

what do you do with the bd43 wire? tape it and let it hang?

HID%20Headlight%20Wiring.jpg

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I guess this is what im confused about. is the green "stock wire" that is being removed the wire from the bd43 mod? I dont know, i am a electronics technician. but i am SOOO bad with wiring diagrams. lol im just trying to figure out what their showing here. you are just splicing into the right hi/low side and making like a clone of it on the left low side? so nothing is hooked back up to the left, just what is ran to the right, is then carried to the left as well?

i left the bd harness in place. without it, you won't have a third wire for the h4 plug.

jbwaterman84

Born to ride
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I just installed mine as well and you need to make the left connector match the right. You can keep the BD43 mod and use it as the low beam control on the right side, just make the left the same wiring and add a high beam wire from the right. (right and left as you sit on the bike). Its best to plug them in once you think you have it right to test it.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cool, thanks guys. Im gonna try to tackle this on the weekend. Sorry, i just hate wiring mods. I can do this all day at work with projectors and TVs and LCDs, but when it comes to things on the bike im shaky haha.

ADVdrming

Superstar
Reaction score
Visit site
cool, thanks guys. Im gonna try to tackle this on the weekend. Sorry, i just hate wiring mods. I can do this all day at work with projectors and TVs and LCDs, but when it comes to things on the bike im shaky haha.

Hey guys!

Can one of you tell me who the seller was on eBay? I did a quick search and it returned quite a few hits, with a range of prices. Check this: projector len kit angel eye, eBay Motors, Electronics. Great deals on eBay!

Just wanted to make sure I get the right stuff. The way I read the thread, I could get the kit (2 bulbs) and then ballasts separately, or I could get the kit with the ballasts included, and there were a couple of those.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ADVdrming

Superstar
Reaction score
Visit site

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you think using a Dremel rotary tool to cut the hole bigger in the reflector would crack it? Insn't the reflector just coated plastic?

Heck you got the pojectors that now don't even use the reflector portion...I'd paint the reflector balck! If it cracks, glue it up, sand it and paint it! Might even look 'cooler' with it blacked out!

pretty old question but not answered. i used a dremel a lot of sanding and now i have 2 H4 of this kit installed ! its very nice!!! unfortunately i had 1 hour every day to work with this and if i was taking fotos i would lose precius time to finish the job (took me 6 days aka 6 hours) but if anyone has any question about converting the H7 reflector to H4 JUST FOR THIS KIT and avoid buying two kits and selling the half of them im here to help.

the instructions are simple:
use a thin dril tip to dril small holes inside the halogen bulb pad (the place the halogen bulb stood inside the lip extension of the reflector)
use a sand stone tip to sand and make smooth the area from inside the lip of the reflector
proceed with a little at a time and try to fit the H4 projector. you should stop when the projector comes all the way in but it must pretty hard to fit inside this will make it more stable.
cut the lip of the reflector to the same height as the H4 one (the H7 has about duble the height) using the same technique (small holes witha drill tip all around, crack what is left, sand to make smooth)
screw in the reflector, you will not be using the ring with the three extensions and you are ready!! the new H4 pad is more steady than the factory one!!

thanks to guys on the forum (almost all threads about HID, angel eyes, etc) reading their posts and combining knowledge gave me best results!!

EDIT: forgot to mention that i used this kit it was listed by someone else but i think its the same person. this guy is a little lazy and took me 6 e-mails to make him send the item but it was ok and had almost everything you need inside.

Last edited:

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Bi-Xenon projectors kit

I just bought a pair off ebay today from those guys. I will post once I do the install.

Were you able to install it?

Thanks

I'm thinking to get one of those too. From what I saw on their website, they are pretty close to where I live. I might end up getting many more things to start with some mods on my bike!!!!

pjaco

Reaction score
www.jacobsen.cn

As I just posted on another HID thread....

Has anyone tried the FZ6 kit available from sportbikelites?

SPORTBIKELITES FZ6 kit

Looks like a decent deal for everything including slim ballasts, but I have no idea if the product is decent or garbage. Actually, I'm unemployed right now and can't buy this, but someday I'd like to have bi-xenon lights on my FZ6!

Here's one of their eBay listings:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMA...orcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4393wt_1018

I ordered this set today from sportbike.:D
I dont know how long it wil take to send over to Norway.
One question guys!
When you use one H4 and one H7 in low mode.Will it be the same light in them.
Tried xenon and it is a little different in the reflector when running both on low beam.

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site

I ordered this set today from sportbike.:D
I dont know how long it wil take to send over to Norway.
One question guys!
When you use one H4 and one H7 in low mode.Will it be the same light in them.
Tried xenon and it is a little different in the reflector when running both on low beam.

If you ordered it from sportbikelites.com, be prepared for poor customer service. I ordered mine on April 11th, and got an email saying they would contact me within 8 to 24 hours. Never heard from them. Friday, April 16th, I emailed them. I didn't hear back until Monday April 19th when they told me that they were out of stock but a new supply should be in this week. I emailed them yesterday to inquire if they had shipped mine out yet. No answer yet. I hope the product is good, because their customer service sucks. Hopefully someone can post that they've had a good experience and gotten a good product or I will be pissed for having waited for nothing.