Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after posting that last comment I decided I should give them a call. I should have done this earlier. They answered the phone promptly, and explained what was going on. I guess they had a problem with the projectors that came from overseas so they had to wait for a new shipment. He just got the stuff in yesterday and is compiling the kit today and told me he would ship mine out today. I don't think anyone else who ordered will be too far behind. It seems like my timing just was incredibly unlucky and it resulted in me having a longer than normal wait time.

For whatever reason, their email customer service is sub-par. Takes a while to respond and don't email when their automatic email response says they will. However, I do understand why they probably weren't in a hurry to talk to me. While I would have preferred to just know what was going on, I'm guessing they didn't want to call/email me until they had some good news.

I would recommend calling them several days after you place an online order if you haven't received any shipping information. Avoid email. I prefer email over the phone, but sometimes it's more helpful if you can actually speak with someone in real time.

That's my sportbikelites.com update. I will try to update this when they come in.

Shame too...this weekend is supposed to be crappy and I might have been able to install them :(

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did a quick search and came up empty. I did this mod in january. i bought the projectors etc from one of the members here. My question is I am trying to get an extra set of HID bulbs. What do I need to order to get the correct bulbs. The one for the H7 side says H1/h7 on it. I emailed my HID provider that I used for my car and they do not understand why it says that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pjaco

Reaction score
www.jacobsen.cn
Well, after posting that last comment I decided I should give them a call. I should have done this earlier. They answered the phone promptly, and explained what was going on. I guess they had a problem with the projectors that came from overseas so they had to wait for a new shipment. He just got the stuff in yesterday and is compiling the kit today and told me he would ship mine out today. I don't think anyone else who ordered will be too far behind. It seems like my timing just was incredibly unlucky and it resulted in me having a longer than normal wait time.

For whatever reason, their email customer service is sub-par. Takes a while to respond and don't email when their automatic email response says they will. However, I do understand why they probably weren't in a hurry to talk to me. While I would have preferred to just know what was going on, I'm guessing they didn't want to call/email me until they had some good news.

I would recommend calling them several days after you place an online order if you haven't received any shipping information. Avoid email. I prefer email over the phone, but sometimes it's more helpful if you can actually speak with someone in real time.

That's my sportbikelites.com update. I will try to update this when they come in.

Shame too...this weekend is supposed to be crappy and I might have been able to install them :(

Hey
I received a mail from them today.
"your order will ship by wednesday thanks"
If i am lucky i will get this in the end of the week.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I did a quick search and came up empty. I did this mod in january. i bought the projectors etc from one of the members here. My question is I am trying to get an extra set of HID bulbs. What do I need to order to get the correct bulbs. The one for the H7 side says H1/h7 on it. I emailed my HID provider that I used for my car and they do not understand why it says that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It was my understanding that the H1/H4/H7 designation is for projectors that retrofit into the existing H4/H7 headlamp sockets of the motorcycle headlight assembly. But, after some reading, it appears that some HID kits come with bulbs made with bases to fit into H1/H4/H7 sockets...

Here's a website selling replacement bulbs with info on them:
HID Bulbs

LexusFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't believe this i made my order on the 13th they said your order should be shipped in 2 days I sent them many emails asking if they are in stock and they said no but they will let me know when they are,,. on the 13th i got email from them saying make us an offer they are in stock so i made them an offer and paid them . been waiting since then i emailed them yesterday and asked if they have a tracking # for me and they emailed back saying yes will give you one ones we ship it i was like i hasn't been shipped yet why ..

this is what i got for an answer :

:Flip:I understand your concern with the situation and I promise that we are working to the best of our
ability to get the items back in stock. As I'm
sure you are aware these are new products and we
were not expecting them to be such huge sellers.

I will tell you that we are expecting to receive a bulk shipment by the end of next week. The issues we have been having, have been with customs when we are shipping the items from overseas. Customs is a long process as they want to make sure that nothing illegal is being transported

Again I am sorry for the delay. Like I said we
are expecting shipment next week and will be
sending out orders immediately after:mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

rbtaylor78

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope this has not already been answered - I get a little confused after reading too much of this post.

Per Bone's diagram, am I leaving the (F) Black/Ground wire on both, or COMPLETELY splitting EVERYTHING off from the H4?

If easier - I could just split from the back of the H4 connector via the back like Gozilla's diagram.

Any input?

rb

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I hope this has not already been answered - I get a little confused after reading too much of this post.

Per Bone's diagram, am I leaving the (F) Black/Ground wire on both, or COMPLETELY splitting EVERYTHING off from the H4?

If easier - I could just split from the back of the H4 connector via the back like Gozilla's diagram.

Any input?

rb

Why split off the one connector and make a whole new one when you already have the 2 stock connectos right there! That's why I just re-wired the existing stock sockets. Was actually less work thatn splicing off and making a whole new harness/socket.

Besides, if I created a whole new harness from splitting off the H4 side, I'd be left with an unused H7 stock harness just sitting around doing nothing.

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't believe this i made my order on the 13th they said your order should be shipped in 2 days I sent them many emails asking if they are in stock and they said no but they will let me know when they are

Lexus, can I safely assume that you are referring to sportbikelites.com (ebay or website)?

If so, I believe they are a reputable company but due to some circumstances (most likely beyond their control) they have been slow at shipping the kits. My mom said a package arrived at our house earlier in the week (I ship parts there, because thats where I have the tools and space to work on my bike) and I believe it's the kit from sportbikelites. It arrived on April 26, and they shipped it April 23rd, so that wasn't bad. I just happened to have placed the order on April 11th, so there was quite a delay between ordering and shipping.

As long as the kit turns out okay, I will be satisfied. Their email responses do leave a lot to be desired though. I think (and hope) everything will work out for you Lexus!

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
Will do! I'm not the most gifted mechanically, or electrically, but I'm hoping to get them installed this weekend. I can usually fumble my way through things, and hopefully some of my friends will be around to help out. There's a chance of rain saturday and sunday, so I might get started on Saturday and finish on Sunday (or hopefully do it in 1 afternoon, but we'll see).

I'll keep you posted.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I was looking at these guys

If I ever get a job again..... I was considering going with these guys:

H4 9003 HB2 Bixenon Projector HID Conversion kit Hi/Lo - eBay (item 130343251230 end time May-08-10 01:30:05 PDT)

Somebody should email them and see if they would create a H4/H7 kit for us.

Looks like they customize the kit for angel eye color and bulb temperature, so maybe they be willing to swap up H4/H7's too.....

we are proud of we are staying in middle of china HID suppliers source , only we can provide so many great products with so low price . many ebay seller deny their products are not come from china , even lie to customers that their products come from Janpan or Germany . Dear customers ! do you know why?? yes, they will lost their bussiness if they sell at our cost . I can tell you that above 90% HID conversion kits come from china . if you have doubt about this , we can find the same product to you without any deviation .

After you win the product , please inform us following information to check again :

1.Xenon Bulb Size

2.ColorTemperature

3. Daytime Telephone Number

4.Angel eyes color

** No the above information will cause delays in shipment **

any question if you have , please email to : [email protected]

marklar45

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: I was looking at these guys

If I ever get a job again..... I was considering going with these guys:

H4 9003 HB2 Bixenon Projector HID Conversion kit Hi/Lo - eBay (item 130343251230 end time May-08-10 01:30:05 PDT)

Somebody should email them and see if they would create a H4/H7 kit for us.

Looks like they customize the kit for angel eye color and bulb temperature, so maybe they be willing to swap up H4/H7's too.....

I asked already and he said no he did say he had some that are universal and will fit both with some adapters it comes with. After much research I decided to go with these they have better parts and a much better beam, they should be here tomorrow so I should have them in by tomorrow night or Saturday at the latest and yes they fit both h4 and h7 sockets.

Last edited:

pjaco

Reaction score
www.jacobsen.cn
Hey
Been now 7 days since i order from sportbikelites.com
and nothing have happend.
Maybe not the best place to order if they cant delivery the orders.
I got a mail and they said they will ship this last Wednesday but they have not sendt any mail with tracking number.
Maybe it is a possibility to cancel the order.
I paid them $245.49 with the shippment for the lights.
And they do not answer the mail:(

*EDIT*
Got a mail from them now.
Code:
im sorry for the delay we are shipping as fast as we can you will have tracking today thanks for your patients
Will se the in the end of the day if i am getting a trackingnr.

Last edited:

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site

Any input?
27270d1272549853-bi-xenon-projector-angel-eye-installed-gozillahid.jpg

rb

The thing that worries me about this is you are now putting the work of 2 lights into the harness for 1 light.. I know HIDs are only running 35 watts but is it safe to run 2 lights thru the one harness??

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The thing that worries me about this is you are now putting the work of 2 lights into the harness for 1 light.. I know HIDs are only running 35 watts but is it safe to run 2 lights thru the one harness??

Adam,the original harness is only supplying power to the relays for the HID's ,the main power comes from the battery,you will have no problems running both lights from the one harness.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com

the way this kit works, it actually only uses the factory harness for a trigger for the relays. No power is actually consumed through the factory plugs to power the HID lights, but rather, you run new wires directly to the battery and that is what powers the new lights.

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
the way this kit works, it actually only uses the factory harness for a trigger for the relays. No power is actually consumed through the factory plugs to power the HID lights, but rather, you run new wires directly to the battery and that is what powers the new lights.

Wow.. thats old school! :) I havent seen a relay setup for hid's since 01!

(Yes I had one of the first HID kits available.. $500 back in the day! And it wasnt even Hi/Low!)

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
The kit from sportbikelites looks good to go from what I can tell. It came packaged nicely and everything is pretty organized. My headlights are in the oven as I type this. I'll probably finish it this weekend, tomorrow and Sunday. I think I'm going to paint the reflectors black like Boneman did...I love that look.

I'll post again when I complete everything and (hopefully!) it's all working.

LexusFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Lexus, can I safely assume that you are referring to sportbikelites.com (ebay or website)?

If so, I believe they are a reputable company but due to some circumstances (most likely beyond their control) they have been slow at shipping the kits. My mom said a package arrived at our house earlier in the week (I ship parts there, because thats where I have the tools and space to work on my bike) and I believe it's the kit from sportbikelites. It arrived on April 26, and they shipped it April 23rd, so that wasn't bad. I just happened to have placed the order on April 11th, so there was quite a delay between ordering and shipping.

As long as the kit turns out okay, I will be satisfied. Their email responses do leave a lot to be desired though. I think (and hope) everything will work out for you Lexus!

Hi Mancolt yes I am talking about sporbiekelites those guys man ,,, you know what your right about the item it's really good I will be happy with itso will you i hope and they put it together for you so your not buying and selling to make the mod worth doing anyway i got an email from them today with a tracking number witch is really good it will be more then 3 days for me because i live on the other side of earth in Canada maybe add 3 more working days it sucks because weather is crapy here so i was hoping to do the mod and test it on good riding days

thanks alot hope it turned out ok for you i will post pics and update you guys how it turned out for me when i do it :rockon::rockon::thumbup::thumbup:

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I'm currently working on the install. You might have noticed the thread I posted regarding the wiring. I'm not great with this sort of thing so I'm hoping to get some help from the more experienced members. I also posted my updated review of the sportbikelites.com company and their kit: http://www.600riders.com/forum/vendor-reviews/30067-sportbikelites-com.html#post316341

I am disappointed with some of the things. Although, it could also be that I did some things incorrectly and that's why it was more difficult. But I would still blame them because the directions are pretty bad. If I get good, or even decent, directions I can usually put things together pretty well.