Bike of the month winner for August is........

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don`t be so sure yet... another FZ is not out of the question completely.... :D

OH!!!! You've been eyeing that black '08, haven't ya!?!?!? ;)

I felt the same after selling my '05 and looking at all the other bikes.... Came right back to the '08! Could NOT resist! (Eric bleeds BLUE)

J

jsteinb95

Sorry, it just wouldn't be fair. Not sure about the rest of the gang, but in my heart, an R1 is what I'd really like to have, but as a second stable-mate to the FZ6. :D

Don't worry, it's not gonna happen. He was only kidding and plus, those were his rules anyways; must be an FZ6.

I don't think it would be fair either.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't worry, it's not gonna happen. He was only kidding and plus, those were his rules anyways; must be an FZ6.

I don't think it would be fair either.

No worries J. I was only poking fun at him because I know he can't enter. WHEW! ;)

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, what a close contest! Congrats Wavex, truly a beautiful bike. So sorry it's gone, best of luck with your new one.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Now I can enter, the best one is no longer elgilble.

Now it's a fair contest from here on out.

Congrats David

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
OH!!!! You've been eyeing that black '08, haven't ya!?!?!? ;)

I felt the same after selling my '05 and looking at all the other bikes.... Came right back to the '08! Could NOT resist! (Eric bleeds BLUE)

Yeah the black '08 does look amazing... I`d have to get rid of that fairing though, and I am just over doing that... I need something new :D

Last edited:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
So are you getting a Buell? Which one? Last I saw you were leaning towards the Triumph.

2727313804_7c5c1d6762_o.jpg

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I test rode an 848 today, along with the new Monster 696 and both bikes were quite amazing... the 848 is just smooth, powerful, planted and beautiful... just wayyyyyyyyy too uncomfortable for me and the type of riding I do.

The 696 is great... very comfy, my type of bike... but I did not fall in love with it.

Neither Triumph nor Buell wanted to let me try their bikes... so that was disappointing... I don`t want to drop $10k on something I can`t ride first...

Buell has too strong advantages:
1) I just fell in love seeing the bike
2) the Buell national tour is stopping by in 2 weeks at the dealership 5min from my house and will let anyone try any of their bikes... so that`ll be the day I'll make it happen (provided the test ride goes well... which I am sure it will :D).

:cheer::rockon::cheer:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a friend here at school that has a XB lightning I believe.

It has some crazy torque that is for sure. That and when he lets it warm up on the kickstand the bike rolls backward. It will roll over your foot. I am not joking!

However, you know that the Buel is actually a Harley... I distant step-cousin at best. So you might fall victim to a couple of the harley jokes, lol.

-bryan

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I test rode an 848 today, along with the new Monster 696 and both bikes were quite amazing... the 848 is just smooth, powerful, planted and beautiful... just wayyyyyyyyy too uncomfortable for me and the type of riding I do.

The 696 is great... very comfy, my type of bike... but I did not fall in love with it.

Neither Triumph nor Buell wanted to let me try their bikes... so that was disappointing... I don`t want to drop $10k on something I can`t ride first...

Buell has too strong advantages:
1) I just fell in love seeing the bike
2) the Buell national tour is stopping by in 2 weeks at the dealership 5min from my house and will let anyone try any of their bikes... so that`ll be the day I'll make it happen (provided the test ride goes well... which I am sure it will :D).

:cheer::rockon::cheer:

I think I see a Lightning in your future, too cool! The good think is you can tune the heck out of that motor. You name it there are parts for it and the best part is you get the Buell heads and lower end stock. Now that tranny...well...good thing it has buckets of torque and you don't need to shift out of 3rd gear very often.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I see a Lightning in your future, too cool! The good think is you can tune the heck out of that motor. You name it there are parts for it and the best part is you get the Buell heads and lower end stock. Now that tranny...well...good thing it has buckets of torque and you don't need to shift out of 3rd gear very often.

Yes, in all the reviews I have read, the only bad thing ppl could find on that bike was the clunky tranny... they all state that while it is in no way a deal-breaker for that amazing bike, it can be annoying at times... personally I am not too worried about it and I am sure I`ll adapt quickly...

I can`t wait!!!