Jan 29 ride....Hwy 33 or ACH

Great ride as always, look forward to the next one.
Good turnout and you can see Cliff in the back ground searching for a piece of bailing wire to fix Davids Buell:D
IMG_0471.jpg

Palomar--
IMG_0475.jpg

Messing with the infamous Yeti--
IMG_0486.jpg

Jerry

Well... I wasn't as ready as I thought lol

I had an exhaust clamp break on me this morning half way to the meeting point... it did hold up OK for 50 miles and then it let go. I probably over-tightened it, and as Cliff mentioned, it popped when the exhaust got hot and expanded...

I was lucky I did not loose the muffler!!! Cliff helped me patch it up, but it failed again going up Palomar... so I just secured it to be able to ride home... made it home OK and already found a replacement clamp at Lowe's... I just got back from a test ride and it seems solid :)

Hey, I did almost 200miles to ride Palomar ONCE... but it was worth it! :D

Good to see all of you again! I hope the rest of the ride went ok.

Cliff, thanks for everything, It was nice of you to stick with me :)

View attachment 33312

View attachment 33313

View attachment 33314

Last edited:
We changed the route and ended up going Palomar to Borrego and then up Banner grade to Julian, then Old Julian Highway, and through San Pasqual Valley. Beautiful weather today! :thumbup:

On a sad note there was a bad bike accident out on the 78/San Felipe Rd that we rode past. They had to take the injured rider out by helicopter. I didn't see the bike, but Rob said the thing was demolished. :(

Thanks for the pics guys, sounds like other than Jerry being under the weather and David's exhaust semi-mod, it was as good day.

David's exhaust story sounds like one I had years ago after just restoring a Norton Commando. First group ride I went on with my wife on the back, my new, imported from England, exhaust clamp snapped on the way home and the only thing the local market had that I could use was a pack of pipe cleaners. :eek:
Made it home though!

I hate hearing stories about bike accidents where the rider doesn't get up and walk away..:(

Socal hooligans,

Thanks for a great ride...bryan thanks for the tour of the back roads.. Everyone is home safe :BLAA:...can't wait for the next ride....

Jerry let's work on that hwy 33 Ride.Thanks for the coffee that pumped me up for the rest of the ride. Hope u feel better soon.
David glad the bike is okay..look forward to riding with you again soon.
Cliff as always. U the man.

I'll post picks soon.

Even though a little short it was a great day. Everyone home safe. Some fun on the 'Tight Side' of Pally.

Here are a few pictures.

David realizes he has a little problem with the exhaust. We need some type of hose clamp but there nothing we can find locally. I start sourcing pickup trucks drivers in the gas station parking lot for a piece of baling wire. Second Pickup I canvass....Yes he has a piece!

picture.php

Being with your friends has advantages and disadvantages. David gets razzed about the Buell and being an engineer. Not to worry, David returns the love...

picture.php

The line up....

picture.php

Good to see you all t'day and I'm already ready for the next ride.
Thank you for your friendship and the fun ride!

lol I don't know what I would have done without that piece of bailing wire....

hey Cliff, looks like Rick doesn't shoot me anymore... maybe because I posted a couple of screen captures from his site on forums? oh well...

Looks like there were other FZ6 riders that day on Palomar :) and a chick too! Photo Details

lol I don't know what I would have done without that piece of bailing wire....

hey Cliff, looks like Rick doesn't shoot me anymore... maybe because I posted a couple of screen captures from his site on forums? oh well...

Looks like there were other FZ6 riders that day on Palomar :) and a chick too! Photo Details

Something must be up....This is the second time!
Did you get it strapped up again?

Yeah, it's all good for now. But John looked at the broken clamp today and told me he should be able to match it and get the exact same one as the OEM :) So I'll hopefully replace my weaker clamps (I used 2) soon... oh and I kept the piece of bailing wire just in case (for now lol).

Ask Rick when you see him next time :)

Yeah, it's all good for now. But John looked at the broken clamp today and told me he should be able to match it and get the exact same one as the OEM :) So I'll hopefully replace my weaker clamps (I used 2) soon... oh and I kept the piece of bailing wire just in case (for now lol).

Ask Rick when you see him next time :)

I will talk to Rick. He is a great guy! He's even given me free picture of my son Jay and I when we were up Pally last year.

I knew John would have a better solution on the clamp.

Thanks for the pics Dave! Thank you for organizing and leading the ride. It was great riding with everyone. See you all soon! :BLAA: Oh yeah someone said the Yeti in Ranchita has a strange smile on it's face....Anyone know anything about that!?!?

Oh yeah someone said the Yeti in Ranchita has a strange smile on it's face....Anyone know anything about that!?!?[/QUOTE]

That's funny someone told me the same thing...that jacket looks like the one in your avatar pic:D

Here's a pic of myself Tim and Rob on Palomar

View attachment 33346

Back