New member welcome thread..

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, new member and just purchased a 2008 FZ6 in black. This is also my first bike and has been a lot of fun so far. I live in Austin, Texas. Here's a pick of my FZ6.

20130425_123220_zpsfdd61fe8.jpg

:welcome: from Ft Worth:cheer:

Nice seat cowl.:rockon:

eclipse

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the welcomes! This is what the seller said he has done to it:

-Yamaha rear seat cowl
-Rizoma grips
-Rizoma brake levers
-Fender eliminator kit
-Engine sliders

Ditching the passenger foot pegs is probably a good idea.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site

-Yamaha rear seat cowl
-Rizoma grips
-Rizoma brake levers
-Fender eliminator kit
-Engine sliders

Rizoma is first class.:rockon:

I use my rear foot pegs as a frame slider, if it falls in the garage:eek:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site

-Yamaha rear seat cowl
-Rizoma grips
-Rizoma brake levers
-Fender eliminator kit
-Engine sliders

Good mix of cosmetic and functional mods.

Take care as the FZ6 is a mean first bike. If you limit your revs to 6k for starting out you'll have a 30HP bike (250cc twin max power)

eclipse

Reaction score
Visit site
Good mix of cosmetic and functional mods.

Take care as the FZ6 is a mean first bike. If you limit your revs to 6k for starting out you'll have a 30HP bike (250cc twin max power)

Definitely keeping the revs down until I get some more practice. Its been a lot of fun so far.

Bluentalot

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got around to getting some pics of my 09 up. The first pic, is the first day I got it. Second pic is of my new swing arm sticker from FAZR6(thanks, man). The third pic is with a few mods; Puig touring screen, frame sliders, swingarm stickers, remote garage door opener button, and brake light modulator. Right after the picture I did the FZ1 handlebar mod with 1"up 1.25" back risers. I am waiting on MFW racing pegs with a 23mm extention. I also have bd43's headlight wire on the way for the dual headlight mod. I can't wait to get that stuff put on! The last pic, is the 08 Piaggio MP3 I upgraded from.
Oh yeah, ignore the tacky paper temp tag.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got around to getting some pics of my 09 up. The first pic, is the first day I got it. Second pic is of my new swing arm sticker from FAZR6(thanks, man). The third pic is with a few mods; Puig touring screen, frame sliders, swingarm stickers, remote garage door opener button, and brake light modulator. Right after the picture I did the FZ1 handlebar mod with 1"up 1.25" back risers. I am waiting on MFW racing pegs with a 23mm extention. I also have bd43's headlight wire on the way for the dual headlight mod. I can't wait to get that stuff put on! The last pic, is the 08 Piaggio MP3 I upgraded from.
Oh yeah, ignore the tacky paper temp tag.:rolleyes:

:welcome: from Texas:cheer:

That Piaggio looks sweet.:rockon:

moonoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
A fast 05 FZ6's greeting from Mongolia. My name is Moonoo n im an asset accountant in a mining company. Its my 4th bike n the most loved-biggest one.
I owned Yamuda 125, Kawi Vulcan 500, Honda Vrx400.

Helvete

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, second time lucky I hope. I got banned for being a 'spammer' the first time (wtf?!) but figured maybe if I come and say hello I won't get needlessly banned.

I have a 2009 FZ6 S2, had it 6 months now and is my first bike. Really loving the bike and a great first bike I think. Just started thinking about modding it now and bought a new exhaust for it and ready to fit this weekend.

As for me, I'm from the South East of the UK but move about a bit with the military, still generally around the south though.

Hope that's enough to stop me getting banned, hope I can participate and enjoy the forum!

sheltiedave

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello FZ6 folks , new to the forum and to the whole motorcycle world in general.

Got my bike license last year and wasn't long after a 2008 FZ6 was sitting in my garage as my first bike , loving the comfort and the "plenty of power to play"
when the need arises :) and if the good weather arrives !!

Not a big fan of the heavy clutch though but a google search brought me to this site and the clutch slave lever mod Killernoodle which looks to be a must, should hopefully make the bike easier to live with.

Cheers , Dave

mobyjohnson

Reaction score
www.mobyjohnson.com
Hey guys, new member here - just got an FZ6 this past weekend. I've been riding for the better part of three years now - went from a 1984 CB650 to a 2003 HD Sportster 883 and now landing on the FZ6 (and riding my girlfriends SYM Wolf 150 around the city).

I bought the FZ for it's all-around capability in many categories. When I ride alone (1/2 the time), I want to be able to flick and lean as much as the road will let me, yet the other half of the time I ride two up with my girlfriend for camping and weekend trips. The harley just wasn't giving us the suspension we need for her/my back (even with progressive upgrades) and it seems that given our weight (combined ~250lbs) it will do just fine for the 2-3 day trips, excellently for an afternoon in the twisties, and all with the right power and cc to keep me smiling and insurance low --- so far...it lives up to the promise!

I haven't gotten the chance to punish her on the streets yet because she desperately needs a new front tire but hope to get that done this next couple of weeks. I've got a couple of questions regarding it that I will follow up on in the "Garage / Mechanical Help" section. Looking forward to some great riding - hit me up if you're in the Bay Area!

Archeon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

My name is Simon and I have recently bought an FZ6 S2 (black) and loving it so far!

Regards,

Simon

K

kwilkie238

Hello everyone!!
My name is Kendra. I am fairly new to riding, and the FZ6 is my first bike. It's a 2009 (dark blue),I bought it used a year and a half ago with 4800 miles on it. Ride it primarily to work, but on occasion will go on longer rides with friends. I do still have a lot to learn, one reason I joined this forum! :D