New member welcome thread..

joefz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, just bought my first fz6n, 2005 straight swap for my old firestorm :) have to say im really impressed with them! nice manic top end and cracking handling. Only thing ive done is taken the puig screen of it if anyone wants it? As new with all fitted etc.. Prefer the naked style
Joe

RideFz6Style

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone! I just bought my 2007 Fz6 three weeks ago. Already in love with it. It is so much better than my 2009 ninja 250r. So far I have chromed out the rims and swingarm, installed two brothers exhaust, fz6 grips and frame sliders, blue puig windscreen, and installed a LED light kit. All I want to do is ride all the time! Long time reader of the forum, first time posting. Always looking to learn more about the bike and general tips.

Emberglo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all! I'm Ryan. Going to look at an 06 FZ6 tomorrow as my first bike. Pretty excited. Joined up here to do some reading.

04FZSick

Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I would introduce myself. I just purchased an 04 Fz6 a few weeks ago. I upgraded from my 92 GS500e and I got to say the Fz6 was a huge improvement. So far I've added flush mount front turnsignals, integrated tailight and a 2 brothers slip on exhaust. Still thinking of getting a powercommander or juicebox but cant decide.

Heres a pic of the bike and my supra,

947194_10152873556340430_1747446332_n.jpg

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy. I've made a few posts, so I should probably introduce myself.

I got my license after the BRC a few years ago and have wanted to ride for longer still. (Edit: I saved up for a bike during that time. No way in hell my parents were giving me a cent towards it!). So I finally dropped the cash on a 2007 fz6 after starting grad school. I live out of Atlanta, but I come up to north Georgia to ride. The people here aren't insane, they watch for bikes very well, and the roads are incredible.

I really love riding, and being a part of this whole motorcycle thing. After waiting so long, and reading so much about it, it is a great feeling to finally live the dream. The whole thing can be pretty surreal sometimes. Working the clutch, shifting, getting a handful of throttle, attacking a corner and seeing the road come up sideways to meet you, feeling that perfect vibe from the bike below you that means you have it in the right gear with just the right control and power...I love it all.

Today, when getting on my bike at a local grocery store parking lot, a woman in the car next to me rolled down her window and yelled: "He (the kid in the car with her) wants to see you drive away!" I just waved and drove off, but stuff like that really makes my day.

Last edited:

jackfrost

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
As you'll notice from my join date I've been lurking for a while - joined up when I first started desiring the little minx that is the fz6 and finally got one end of 2012. I have a had quite a few other bikes, most recently a trx-850 that was very painful to part with, but have to say I'm more in love with my little Red Fox (05 fz6n) each time I ride (which is practically daily.) What a super bike (no pun intended.)

I bought mine from a friend for $5000, in VGC - what even comes close for that money in all areas - engine, performance, looks, comfort, handling, reliability? Nought, my friends, nought. Took a while to get used to having a four-cylinder (all my other bikes twins or singles) but I love it.

Besotted,
jackfrost

Fazer'd

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, My name is Michael. 27 yrs old from NH. I took the basic rider safety course with my girlfriend Anna about two months ago. We both passed the course which finished on a Sunday. I got my license on Monday and on that Friday I drove over three hours away to pick up a used red 2006 FZ6 with 9,300 miles on it for $3,300. Since then I've put over 1,300 miles on it and loving every second of it. Hopefully within a week my girlfriend will have a bike herself. We are looking at a 2009 Suzuki GS500F with 5,000 miles on it for $2,000 (minor cosmetic damage).

I've never owned, ridden, or worked on a motorcycle until a month and half ago. I've installed a USB power adapter and handlebar mount for my phone, I've got a power commander III, K&N air filter, and a Puig racing windscreen on the way. I'll hopefully have it all installed next week. Besides that I've been busy cleaning and tweaking the bike.

I'll be building a manomter to sync my throttle body this week as well. I got the instructions from this forum as well as countless other invaluable information.

Looking forward to doing the headlight mod asap.

Hell everyone!

Jjvaughan

Reaction score
Visit site
hello my name is jerry i'm from cason texas been riding for several years firstfz6 not a bad bike last bike was a cbr1000rr.getting older time to ride a little straighter lol love the site.

Phil in Maine

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

My name is Phil, and obviously from my handle, I'm from Maine. Portland to be exact. I bought a 2007 FZ6 jus over a week ago which I found in Burlington, VT. The bike that it replaced for me was a 2000 kawasaki Vulcan 800. That bike is now my wife's.

I enjoyed the Vulcan, but I definitely desired something with better performance and better handling. I did a fair amount of research and a lot of sitting on bikes.

My goal was something comfortable, so no pure sport bikes, and something fun, so I passed on Vstroms. I had decided that it would probably be an FZ8, but those really didn't fit my budget since they were fairly new. I wasn't even that aware of the FZ6. Once I read about one I was pretty sure that it would be the one for me.

I was certainly right! The bike is fantastic. I love it's split personality, nice and rather docile around town, but a bit of a monster when it is opened up. I can honestly say I couldn't imagine wanting a bike any faster since this one is capable of criminal speeding in amazingly short order.

I have been involved in forums in the past and have done a fair amount of wrenching the past couple years. Looking at the bike, I have a feeling omits going to be more maintenance than actual wrenching which is very welcome!

So hopefully my hunch is correct.

She you all around!

evilbender

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from Northern VA,
I have been lurking a lot on this Forum trying to get info and get a feel of it so i decided to create an account.
I had an old r6 for couple of months that i sold due to money issue so i am not an experienced rider by any means haha.
I still don't have a bike yet but i am definitely getting a fz6 soon.
I will be doing a naked conversion to it once i get it

about 2 years ago i went to Nepal for couple of months and had the chance to ride around in a FZ150 there and i loved the "naked" look. granted its a completely different machine, i would love to have one for cruising and commuting.

but i just wanted to introduce myself to the community before i get the bike and say whats up to everyone.

thank you.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from Northern VA,
I have been lurking a lot on this Forum trying to get info and get a feel of it so i decided to create an account.
I had an old r6 for couple of months that i sold due to money issue so i am not an experienced rider by any means haha.
I still don't have a bike yet but i am definitely getting a fz6 soon.
I will be doing a naked conversion to it once i get it

about 2 years ago i went to Nepal for couple of months and had the chance to ride around in a FZ150 there and i loved the "naked" look. granted its a completely different machine, i would love to have one for cruising and commuting.

but i just wanted to introduce myself to the community before i get the bike and say whats up to everyone.

thank you.

Welcome from Texas:cheer:

You'll love the ergos FZ6 over the R6. :rockon:

Gear up, and ride safe.:thumbup: