New member welcome thread..

billfleming

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,
Name is Bill..I am new rider and to the FZ6R community. Loving it so far.
My bike is a 2010 Raven
Live up in Derry NH!!
I have 4 kids under the age of 8 so I am not looking to race, do wheelies, or die in any way..lol
Just looking to do some riding and enjoy...(although I do have a lead foot in the car, let you know later how this works out for me)
Have done some reading on here and really love the passion that everyone has for the FZ6R ;) Happy to be here!

LockeClone

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey!
Andy here, living in SoCal. I've always wanted an FZ6 since I started riding around 2006, but always bought bikes I could get my hands on as cheaply as possible.

Now I'm the proud owner of a red 2006 FZ6 and loving it. Was going to buy an FJ09 because I'm in a financial position to do things like that these days, but I figured I should indulge in my original dream bike before they all get too old and fade away.

Looking forward to utilizing this community!

AndyOz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, Andy living in Perth WA.
Just purchased a none running 2007 FZ6 which has issues, so a good look on the forums to hopefully sort it out.
Got it running in 10mins of getting it back. Now the real fault finding skills start.
The bikes for my wife (and the occasional try outs for me, love middle weights for traffic)
Also have a 1998 900cc Divergent 150,000km young and still purrs. A 1998 ZX9R that is still freekin awesome.
The 2001 600 Hornet sold and now it's the FZ.
So I hope to find cures.

First trip on a bike at 3 years old. Run up the road to catch my dad coming from work. He'd put me on the tank of his BSA Road Rocket and take us home.
I was hooked, cried my eyes out when i missed him and he'd have to go back up the road again.

All the best to every one and stay up-rite.

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome from another Aussie (but on the East side).
You have come to the right place for information and advice!

Andrey

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, guys.
My name is Andrey
Living on the other side of the globe, in Russia, Moscow.
Got my 2008 FZ6 S2 3 years ago after long story with sport bikes, my last model was Kawasaki ZZR1100. So it was a sort of downshifting, but I fall in love in this reliable masterpice of Japanese moto industry.

jdmlude

Reaction score
Visit site
Been riding for a decade now, kawa 250r, Honda 600RR, Honda CB-1, and now an FZ6. It was a toss-up between the FZ and Honda 599 and I was fortunate enough to find an FZ 5 miles from my house and for an awesome deal. 2009 FZ6 . for $2,500 with 8k miles. It was amazingly still on the original tires but they were badly cupped and aggressive on turn-in. I threw some S21's on and it handles amazing now. I plan on keeping this bike for a very long time. It's bullet-proof and low maintenance, what else could you ask for?

Last edited:

Fz6 2007

Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_-a1crdv.jpg
IMG_20181121_085229.jpg
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone... still figuring this out, I'm an old gearhead and only love Yamaha and only hate V-twin motors , even bought a Virago years ago and hated it ...
Thanks again for all your help in this matter...
Love the challenges none the less !!!

Last edited:

Fordtech58

Reaction score
Visit site
Aloha to all from Maui Hawaii. I've been riding since I was 9, just picked up an 06 in the fast blue color with 7,900 miles for $2500 which is a steal here on the island. Turned 60 this past June, seriously addicted to NHRA drag racing which we're blessed to have a 1/4 track Maui Raceway park. Been street riding a Vstar 1100 since I bought it for my wifes birthday in 2010. Just got tired of dragging the running boards so I went looking for something a little more nimble. I bought a new RZ350 in April of 84 and sold it when we sold our NH house in April of 2016. Sold it to a good friend and still have access to it whenever I'm in New England. Current drag bike is a 2015 ZX14r that I shipped new to RCC Turbos, came of the dyno with three tunes and 10 miles on the odometer. Best to date is [email protected] on my base 4 psi tune, 7" slick, no bar.

chricol

Reaction score
Visit site
New member from Malta, EU

2006 FZ6 which I've had for 3.5 years. Just turned 50,000km, ridden daily and never missed a beat!

HurtCow

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just joined up... I'm Curt from the Sacramento area. My daily ride is a 98 Honda Valkyrie, but recently picked up an 05 FZ6. Love this thing! I'm in the process of acquiring parts to delete the fairing in favor of a 'naked' style and found this forum while looking up helpful links. Looking forward to becoming part of this community.