New member welcome thread..

paulyfz

Reaction score
Visit site
Name is Paul. Picked up a cherry 2008 FZ6 and plan to upgrade the suspension. Open to suggestions on the front end, but I am definitely slapping Ohlins on the rear. I think the Andreani kit or the Matris kit is where I am sitting right now. I like the comp and rebound clickers on the Andreani setup. However, if they are stacked properly from the get-go, then the Matris units should be pretty solid. Any thoughts?

Other than suspension, a new bar (FZ1 or something fancy) is about all she is going to get out of me. The rest of the bike is pretty much perfect for street duty and carving corners.

Nice little place you got here. I will lurk quite a bit. I am getting too old for arguing in oil threads and slapping squids with ATGATT mantras.

8V4Zoxg.jpg

paulyfz

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome from Austria! A wider bar is definitely a nice improvement. Nice ride and nice garage!

I had a 2004 FZ6 with the FZ1 bar. It was pretty good. I wish that was my garage. That is the office of the dealership I purchased it from.

Hi Pauly,

Welcome to the FZ6 Forum! Figured you'd find your way here.

Chris

Hola, Chris. I will see you sometime this season, for sure.

CHRISS

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome::cheer: Thanks for having me, looking forward to posting some answers and questions, I live Preston, Lancashire way if anyone is around and fancys getting out please let me know

zrexrich

Reaction score
Visit site
Good morning!

Purchased a blue 08' fz6 last night and plan on picking it up later today. It will mostly see commuter duty as I have a 15' KTM Super Duke 1290 R for play. First bike was a 80' Suzuki GS450S that I bought from a friends dad when I was in high school. After that was a 85' Kenny Roberts edition Yamaha RZ350 :rockon:. I loved that bike! Took a break from riding when I started my family but returned to street riding in 05' when I purchased a zx11. Have had several Kawasaki's (zx11's, zrx's, a z750s), a Suzuki sv650, a BMW k1200s, and a Triumph Street Triple R.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: new members from sunny........crap! when's this rain gonna stop California!

Masamune

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello and greetings from the desert! I just bought an 06' FZ6. I plan on removing the front fairings for a naked look, and then painting it a midnight blue pearl. Any recommendations are welcome! This is my first bike and the 600cc engine and almost 100hp are kind of intimidating but I'm confident in my ability to control the throttle. (PS: While learning to brake in an empty parking lot I dropped it and already broke off a mirror.)

DSC_0287.jpg

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello and greetings from the desert! I just bought an 06' FZ6. I plan on removing the front fairings for a naked look, and then painting it a midnight blue pearl. Any recommendations are welcome! This is my first bike and the 600cc engine and almost 100hp are kind of intimidating but I'm confident in my ability to control the throttle. (PS: While learning to brake in an empty parking lot I dropped it and already broke off a mirror.)

View attachment 69602
Welcome to the world's best FZ6 forum. Lots of good info and good people.

Nice looking fizzer. Good luck with your planned mods.

You mention this is your first bike. Any previous riding experiance? The FZ is a great bike with a secret. Above 7k she's a rocket ship!

Full disclosure, I am an MSF Ridercoach, and I STRONGLY recommed you take a class, MSF or not, if you are new to riding. You will learn effective ways to corner, brake, swerve etc. All while riding someone else's bike. Drops cost you
nothing. [emoji3]

But most importantly you will learn the skills to work the machind AND be introduced to toad strategies that. help you become a safer rider.

Welcome aboard and stay safe out there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

scratchingman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi from Brisbane Australia.
Just bought a 2006 FZ6 in red. Picking it up tomorrow hopefully. Been a while since I've ridden and decided to ease back in to riding on something that has a bit of power for when I'm more confident again but docile enough to commute on through the week. I don't think I'll do many mods at this stage other than a good wash and polish the exhaust headers to bring the gold look back. It already has an aftermarket exhaust, top box, heated handle bars and adjustable levers. The front forks had some pre-load added via a stack of washers and it feels pretty good right now.

StolfWaffles

Reaction score
Visit site
May as well say hi as I am essentially a new member once more. I got a 2006 FZ6 back in 2011 and remember using a forum quite a bit. In 2013 I got in a bike accident (pedal, not motor) and I havent been on it much since.

Well I plan to change that and the barn ornament will be getting a bit of an overhaul and should be on the road soon. Hoping to find others that may like joining and helping me on this little escapade. I will post the shameful pics soon.

kwikwi

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy y'all! I got a 2007 FZ6 in black back in November, new to me. Just today, I finally got licensed and titled and I cannot wait to ride for the first time!

alexregnif

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody!
I am from Moscow, Russia!

On the weekend i have bought fz6 sa s2. It will be my second season (as i could say that):)
First season i rode on chinese motorcycle, named "Alpha". I think you dont hear about that model:)

Now i am really happy, on sunday i am going to register my bike:) It looks really good. Previous owner made full repainting of this bike, he is a fan of MOTO GP and Monster:)) i will make some fotos and show you, you will like it too..)

klimber

Reaction score
Visit site
Kingman Lim, Oakland, CA, USA just picked up an '08 FZ6 to compliment a 2013 Yamaha Super Tenere. I'm semi-conflicted owning two motorcycles at once (w/o intention to sell one).

Previous motorcycles in reverse (descending) order (reading list from bottom up makes more sense):
'05 Suzuki DL650 (great all-around motorcycle work-horse, getting wiser and more practical with age)
'03 Yamaha YZF600R (I had to get back on another one of these engines!)
'99 Nighthawk 750 (Air-cooled, hydraulic-valves [low maintenance] Honda stable staple)
'95 Honda VFR750 (A marvel of Honda Engineering, way ahead of its time, a blast to ride)
'00 Yamaha YZF600R (sleek, rugged, sporty, real-world alternative to the R6)
'92 Honda CBR600F2 (Reliable, lightweight, agile, Honda race-bred engineering)
'88 Honda VFR700F2 Interceptor (bought it with over 100k miles on the odometer, I learned to appreciate Honda's V4)
'89 Yamaha FZR600 (Race-modded custom, high-performance but had some mechanical issues)
'87 Honda CBR600F1 Hurricane (Fell in love with the ride, but low-sided to learn the hard way)

The '05 Suzuki was great; I was going to get another V-Strom (either 650 or 1000), but I like the Tenere with shaft drive, inverted forks, spoked wheels. I've already taken it on a few adventures. But now, for around town, the 600 lbs. of the Tenere didn't have me looking forward to backing it out of the garage.

I was looking at adding either an FZ6, VFR, or CB500 to the stable as more of a city motorcycle to compliment the Tenere, and I got a good deal on a local one.

So now I'm back on that Yamaha Inline-4 that essentially was on the YZF, only now it's fuel injected.

Riding it around today I'm happy I swooped up on one.. better savor it while it lasts, right?

Nice to meet you.

Last edited:

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
WELCOME new members!

Klimber - I can relate to your dilemma. I returned to riding when I bought my 08 FZ6 in 2013. Since then I've added an FJR, for longer rides and more knee comfort for the wife, and recently a WR450 plated for the street for - well, you know.

The FJR is an awesome ride and a rocket. The WR is amazing me with it's grunt. But the FZ6 remains my favorite.

Chris