New member welcome thread..

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all!

I just bought an '07 last week - and completely love it!

I was new to riding this summer - and still have a heck of a lot to learn as well. My husband decided it was time to pick up riding - he got an XT250 and since I had never ridden before, I picked up a TW200. It was a great machine to learn on. We both enrolled in the Motorcycle Safety course and the rest is history. We put close to 2,000 miles on the bikes in a little over 2 months. I found that off road riding was not my style and I needed a little more power for the road and started looking for the next bike.

He found my FZ6 at a local Yamaha shop and the price was right. I picked it up on Wednesday and have been enjoying it ever since. I will post a picture of it - since I am new to the forum, I hope it comes through.

I know... The stickers on the swing arm need to come off... ;)

Brenda

tskorka

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I just bought a 2005 FZ6 in blue. I test rode it this weekend and will be picking up later this week. I have been riding a Ninja 250 for the last year and a half and felt ready to move up to something bigger (and of course with more style!)

I took the MSF Safety course a few years back..

I am very impressed with the FZ6 forum. I thought the Ninja 250 site was good, but this site is excellent!!

Tracy in PA

M

McFizzer

Hi everybody,

My name is Michael. I got an FZ6 new in 05. I picked the silver one because lightning is white which is close to silver:Flip: Actually it was the only one they had. I love the thing to death. I have close to 30K on it and couldn't be happier. It is actually the only vehicle I have ever owned. Got it one week after I turned 18.

b.konstadinos

LIVE TO RIDE TO LIVE
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi to everybody!!! My name is Konstadinos and i'm from Greece. New here and i own the fastest black one FZ6 Fazer S2 ABS '08.

Here are some pics! :welcome:

kone76

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!

I'm very happy owner of yamaha fz6 2008 faired version. Got it as new in march and now covered just over 2000 miles on it. And it is in that blue "fast" colour. No mods at the moment if you don't count anti slide pillion seat cover.;) And in short term only change in my mind is a top box to increase practicality.

I'm born in Finland but now been living last 10 years in London United Kingdom. I use my bike for commuting and just driving around southern England.

Well there is a little information about myself. Will be hopefully adding some pictures soon.

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody, I'm Dan. I picked up a 08 fz6 in late July and managed to put just under 3200 miles on it enjoying every minute of it. This was my first bike. I've ridden my bud's cbr 600 f4i and there was no comparison. fz6 hands down. It just wasn't as comfy. I'm 6'3'' (190.5cm) and roughly 290lbs (131kg) and this seems like a good fit. Thought about the fz1, but this is plenty of pop for me! I'm 20 and live in Wisconsin.

Frostbite155

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone. My name is Howie, I'm 16 years old and a junior in High School. I was born in Norway and lived the first 14 years of my life there before i moved to Pennsylvania. I got my motorcycle permit this August and last weekend i bought my first bike, a FZ-6 2005 after completing the MSF basic rider course the same weekend. I decided to join here to read and learn, as I know that 16 year olds + 600cc tends to not be a good combination. However I am dedicated to safe driving, and I pray that I won't do anything stupid as a result of my inexperience... My dad had ridden for over 20 years, so I will be riding with him mostly until i get my license and can ride by myself. Hopefully it will prove to be a life-changing experience that I can learn alot from, it's awesome so far and I hope that's how it's going to stay :)

mabbott

Reaction score
Visit site
I am new to site and I love it. I have been riding since I was six years old and I bought my FZ6 when I returned to Iraq, it was my wife's present to me! Since then I have ridden it like I stole it.... ok, maybe not!

In March my wife approved the purchase of my new toy! An 08 Busa!!! I still ride my FZ6 almost daily as it is a blast to ride. I am not big on moding my bike, but I think this site will change me!

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, my name is Robert. I live in Mississippi of course, and work in Memphis TN. I am a software developer for a metal building company.

I got my 07 red FZ6 a week ago tomorrow. It needs a little TLC, but a good bike. As soon as parts come in for it, I will be up and running. Now that it is clean, it looks really great in the garage. I can't wait to start riding it. Before this bike, I had an 08 ninja 250r which I sold after 3 months and bought this bike.

This Forum is great :thumbup:. I have learned a lot about my bike in just a few days of reading. I cannot wait to get started putting this knowledge to good use.

rent-a-reaper

captain caveman!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey my name's Kenny and I'm from Clarksville, Tennessee
I love my 04 faster blue fizzer (even though she's in pieces right now lol)
I work for Wal-mart in the shipping/recieving end at a Distribution center
I grew up on dirt bikes, the fz is my first street bike and i've had her since new in 04 :rockon:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, my name is Robert. I live in Mississippi of course, and work in Memphis TN. I am a software developer for a metal building company.

I got my 07 red FZ6 a week ago tomorrow. It needs a little TLC, but a good bike. As soon as parts come in for it, I will be up and running. Now that it is clean, it looks really great in the garage. I can't wait to start riding it. Before this bike, I had an 08 ninja 250r which I sold after 3 months and bought this bike.

This Forum is great :thumbup:. I have learned a lot about my bike in just a few days of reading. I cannot wait to get started putting this knowledge to good use.

Welcome to the site Robert, I used to date a girl that lived in the South Haven area just down the interstate from Memphis. Really nice area and good people, I planned on moving down there had things worked out. Good luck with the TLC, post lots!

Oscardms

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my name is Oscar. I drive an all black 07 gixxer 600. Just bought my wife an 05 FZ6. She used to drive a ninja 250 and outgrew it fairly quickly. I'm here to learn about her bike and take care of all the maintenance. As long as she keeps cooking and cleaning, I'll keep the bike in tip top shape. ;)

Quick questions for one of the admins, I guess the auto fill form on my computer changed the screen name I wanted to my old email. :lol: Could I possibly get my SN changed to Oscardms? Thank you.

toughy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Folks

Names niki and just bought a FZ6 S2 Two weeks ago

What can i say, Love it so far:Flash:

I got my licence 8 years ago and decided it was time to pull my finger out and get my first bike

I have been looking on this board the last few days and it looks the right place to be for some good advise and a bit of a laugh

A few pics

DSC_0930.jpg

DSC_0932.jpg

DSC_0937.jpg

DSC_0938.jpg

DSC_0931.jpg

DSC_0936.jpg

All comments welcome:thumbup:

pepa

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey :D

My name is Peter, i'm 25 years old and i'm from Austria.

i own a 08' FZ6N S2 ABS with actual 6000km

here are some Pics from my baby.

fz6br5.jpg

fz6sqr0.jpg

fz6bmg7.jpg

a Akrapovic Titan Exhaust is orderd
a Rizoma license plate support and Rizoma Track77 Indicator lights will be ordered soon.

sorry for my english, normaly i speak german :spank:

greets from Linz/Austria
Peter

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Peter, welcome again. :welcome:

Your bike looks great, I really like the white with the orange stripe! You're going to really like you exhaust system, it really changes the character of the bike.

Visit a lot and post often! :thumbup:

mlevins77

Needs beer
Reaction score
Visit site
Because I pay so much attention to detail...I completely missed this thread and just introduced myself to everyone the goofy way.

Name's Mike, moved back to Atlanta, GA 3 months ago from Greenville, SC. I am currently in Dusseldorf, Germany until November 21 and then I get to come home.

I've ridden motorcycles since I was 5, starting on a single gear Suzuki 50 that I rode the wheels off of. I got my brother's 125 when he outgrew it, then as the years moved on the 150...and then just skipped on up to the 250 even though I couldn't touch the ground. Who says a 12 year old can't boss around a 250? I stopped getting muddy when I went to college, not a whole lot of time for riding when you're at school in downtown Atlanta (GaTech).

When I graduated my dad gave me his 1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic. He'd kept the paint nice, ran it enough and added a ridiculous amount of aftermarket chrome and accessories to it. Thanks pops. My favorite part was the Cobra Drag Pipes that absolutely blew peoples' ear drums out...no one within a mile radius wondered when I was leaving home on the bike. Unfortunately had to sell her because the mechanic my dad used didn't do the best of jobs and I could see a spotty future coming.

Snagged me an FZ6 while I was over here in Germany; bought it from a Harley Dealership in FL...hopefully the deal will work out as amazingly as it seems. Got it for $5500...2008, 103 miles on it, Ext Factory Warranty, mint...I'm looking forward to breaking her in right. Hope it really isn't too good to be true.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you through the forum, and maybe through some rides.

Take care, ride often, ride safe...see you out there.

DaveMc

Reaction score
Visit site
I live on the northern fringe of Houston, no bike yet... but when it happens it'll be an FZ6. I'm just spending time soaking up bits of wisdom from you guys until then! We've got two little kids, I work for a swimming pool company, went to school for landscape architecture, and did a 3-yr ride with the Army from 96-99. Thanks for the awesome website and I look forward to telling you guys (one long day from now) that I finally got an FZ6,

Cheers,

Dave