New member welcome thread..

J344

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Enjoy and Ride Safe.

This is great, people are joining so fast I can barely keep up.

FZ6drummer you will not be dissapointed, if you have'nt already, don't forget to take the MSF Course and get some good gear.

Hi Dayna, excellent choice on color, contrary to what some here may believe, red is faster :D. With regard to riding time, commute, commute, commute!

Hey Dave; I, like you, did most of my riding in the dirt, just transitioned to street 3 years ago, the FZ6 was my first choice as well. BTW, happy, early Fathers Day!

Way to go AlecCS, definitely upgrade that gear :eek:

You know what they say J344, "behind every great man, is a greater woman." She definitely steered you in the right direction ;)

Just a warning to all of you, with all of the great information and modifications on this site :drool: be sure to keep one hand on your wallet, so you don't overspend on amazing upgrades!

Thanks Jtarkany, you are right, lots of new members today...very cool. Compliments to the FZ6 I would assume. Take care and ride safe. Best Wishes! (Hope this post on the forum the way I'm hoping it does!)

lgjhn

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi....
I'm new and posted a message before I realized there was a New Member section.
I'm an older rider that will soon be the proud owner of a FZ6...hopefully next week!!
I'm buying this bike for a work commute bike and for some local fun on the weekends. I love the looks of the bike and it fits me well. Should be fun!!
I want to thank this forum for all the data thats available to newbies like me. It makes things easier for us....Thanks!!

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
www.nationalsuperbike.com
I posted a few pics in the Streetfighter forum before I saw this thread... I do custom painting and conversions, so I've had a few FZ6's and 1's. I've been riding for 25 years and can't get it out of my blood, so I've sampled a lot of different bikes and the FZ's are just all around great bikes. Ride safe everyone!

allnat21

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone. This is a great site. I had never been on a motorcycle before and took the MSF course 2 weeks ago. Got my 04 FZ6 on Friday. Already got my 1st 100 miles under my belt......This bike is addicting. I'm glad I made it my first.

Biggest thing I've got to work on is starting from a dead stop on a hill.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Hello everyone. This is a great site. I had never been on a motorcycle before and took the MSF course 2 weeks ago. Got my 04 FZ6 on Friday. Already got my 1st 100 miles under my belt......This bike is addicting. I'm glad I made it my first.

Biggest thing I've got to work on is starting from a dead stop on a hill.

With regard to the hill, whenever I stop, either on a hill or not, I leave my right foot on the back brake. When I take off I ease off of the clutch and as soon as I feel the bike starting to pull I let off the brake and away I go ;).

Once you feel more stable on the bike, this technique may work for you.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I posted a few pics in the Streetfighter forum before I saw this thread... I do custom painting and conversions, so I've had a few FZ6's and 1's. I've been riding for 25 years and can't get it out of my blood, so I've sampled a lot of different bikes and the FZ's are just all around great bikes. Ride safe everyone!

Hey, man, great to have a bit of expert testimonial! Thanks!

mayoke

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy all! New FZ6 owner here and I hear this is one of the BEST forums on the web! ;)

Anyway, my name is Mike or Michael or "hey you." I've been riding for about 10 years, mostly old/older bikes. I've owned (2) Suzuki GS500 (89 & 93), (1) ninja 250 (89), (1) Honda hawk GT (89), and (1) Honda Magna V30 (84). All of them very good bikes and a lot of fun. My most current was the 84 Honda Magna V30 to "cure" my HORRIBLE "lack of bike" syndrome that I was plagued with. While it is an excellent bike, I wanted something that I could take road trips on, etc so I started doing my homework on what I wanted.

I was really looking at the Versys, SV650, FZ6, and an older VFR. All the videos and everything I read about all of those bikes made it really hard to make a choice. I was leaning more towards the FZ6 or VFR and pretty much knew I'd wind up with one of those.

Yesterday, I went to a dealership a little north of me and while they didn't have any 09 FZ6's, they did have a used 08 with 896 miles on it. :eek: It had frame sliders on it and was the correct color. (I wanted a Blue one.) It even has a brand new Conti Attack rear tore. It had been dropped at very low speed. There was a scuff on the frame slider and a little scratch on the mirror and brake lever. That was all. I decided that was perfect for me as it still had warranty AND the major service was done. I walked out the door for $5500. :rockon:

So far, the bike far exceeds all expectations I had. The engine is like silk and the brakes are HOLYCRAPI'MSTOPPINGNOW! I love everything about it so far.

Without further adieu! (Sorry for the long story opening/intro.)

IMG_0003-vi.jpg

IMG_0002-vi.jpg

racebrooks

Reaction score
Visit site
Good morning all,

Thanks for the welcome. I have a 2006 FZ6(fast blue with faster than fast blue wheel stripes) I also have a 2006 Stratoliner. I bought both bikes in March of this year. My Mom died in January and she left my sister and I some money. My mom helped me by my first bike in 1980 (Honda 750F) so I thought it was completely appropriate that she buy me another. and then another. Yes, my wife and kids think I am nuts.

I have found myself riding the FZ way more than the Strat. It is light, nimble, and fast compared to heavy, nimble and fast. I love both bike but the FZ is just...............you know.

It is interesting to note that I get treated by other motorist completely different on the two bikes. When I ride the Strat, I get a wide berth and no one comes near. When on the FZ, I get crowded, cut off and all of the other ways cars mistreat a bike.

Can anyone reply why?

I would love to find a group to ride with for both bikes so let me know if there is anything in the Long Beach CA area.

Chillin

Reaction score
Visit site
Like some others I've been on the forum for a little while anyway and just saw this thread. My name is Stephen and I have a 2007 fast blue fz6. Been looking to get a bike for a number of years and the bank account finally said ok about 5 weeks ago:rockon: So a lot of research went into what bike to get while waiting for the funds. First bike for me and I've put about 2000 miles on in the last 5 weeks and I'm having a blast.

I have to say that compared to other forums I've been reading this place is without the friendliest online community I've found.

Thanks,
Stephen

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org

Hey folks,

I joined this site a couple weeks ago, and i have to admit that i am very impressed with it. I purchased a 2009 FZ6R Raven about three months ago. I love the bike, just cant wait for more mods to come out for it. I have been riding bikes since for the last 12 years. Started out with dirt bikes and moved my way up to my first street bike. This is a great site for FZ6R riders and gives great information. :rockon:

Welcome SiGPiGomer, I did the same as you, started on dirtbikes at around 12 and just got into streetbikes 3 years ago.

Hi....
I'm new and posted a message before I realized there was a New Member section.
I'm an older rider that will soon be the proud owner of a FZ6...hopefully next week!!
I'm buying this bike for a work commute bike and for some local fun on the weekends. I love the looks of the bike and it fits me well. Should be fun!!
I want to thank this forum for all the data thats available to newbies like me. It makes things easier for us....Thanks!!

Hi lgjhn, you won't be dissapointed with your new FZ, your riding sounds like it will be very similar to my own and the FZ is perfect for what you have described.

Hey speedfrk, great job on that bike :thumbup:

Howdy all! New FZ6 owner here and I hear this is one of the BEST forums on the web! ;)

Anyway, my name is Mike or Michael or "hey you." I've been riding for about 10 years, mostly old/older bikes. I've owned (2) Suzuki GS500 (89 & 93), (1) ninja 250 (89), (1) Honda hawk GT (89), and (1) Honda Magna V30 (84). All of them very good bikes and a lot of fun. My most current was the 84 Honda Magna V30 to "cure" my HORRIBLE "lack of bike" syndrome that I was plagued with. While it is an excellent bike, I wanted something that I could take road trips on, etc so I started doing my homework on what I wanted.

I was really looking at the Versys, SV650, FZ6, and an older VFR. All the videos and everything I read about all of those bikes made it really hard to make a choice. I was leaning more towards the FZ6 or VFR and pretty much knew I'd wind up with one of those.

Yesterday, I went to a dealership a little north of me and while they didn't have any 09 FZ6's, they did have a used 08 with 896 miles on it. :eek: It had frame sliders on it and was the correct color. (I wanted a Blue one.) It even has a brand new Conti Attack rear tore. It had been dropped at very low speed. There was a scuff on the frame slider and a little scratch on the mirror and brake lever. That was all. I decided that was perfect for me as it still had warranty AND the major service was done. I walked out the door for $5500. :rockon:

So far, the bike far exceeds all expectations I had. The engine is like silk and the brakes are HOLYCRAPI'MSTOPPINGNOW! I love everything about it so far.

Without further adieu! (Sorry for the long story opening/intro.)

Hello mayoke, it is definitely a great forum. No need to apologize for the intro, we enjoy getting to know each other here and in person so its nice to get to hear about you.

Good morning all,

Thanks for the welcome. I have a 2006 FZ6(fast blue with faster than fast blue wheel stripes) I also have a 2006 Stratoliner. I bought both bikes in March of this year. My Mom died in January and she left my sister and I some money. My mom helped me by my first bike in 1980 (Honda 750F) so I thought it was completely appropriate that she buy me another. and then another. Yes, my wife and kids think I am nuts.

I have found myself riding the FZ way more than the Strat. It is light, nimble, and fast compared to heavy, nimble and fast. I love both bike but the FZ is just...............you know.

It is interesting to note that I get treated by other motorist completely different on the two bikes. When I ride the Strat, I get a wide berth and no one comes near. When on the FZ, I get crowded, cut off and all of the other ways cars mistreat a bike.

Can anyone reply why?

I would love to find a group to ride with for both bikes so let me know if there is anything in the Long Beach CA area.

Hi racebrooks, sorry to hear about your mom. Here are a couple of links to find fellow riders and riding groups. Hope to see you out there, oh yeah, I am not sure where you got your misinformation (probably bates121) but the red is faster :D

USA Pacific - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum
http://www.socalsb.com/

Like some others I've been on the forum for a little while anyway and just saw this thread. My name is Stephen and I have a 2007 fast blue fz6. Been looking to get a bike for a number of years and the bank account finally said ok about 5 weeks ago:rockon: So a lot of research went into what bike to get while waiting for the funds. First bike for me and I've put about 2000 miles on in the last 5 weeks and I'm having a blast.

I have to say that compared to other forums I've been reading this place is without the friendliest online community I've found.

Thanks,
Stephen

Welcome Chillin, congratulations on the new bike, you are right, this is a great, and friendly, forum with a lot of great people on it.

Buzz

Infidel
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: New To It All...

Welcome to the forum Buzz.

come on, show us your Hornet :D

:welcome: to the forum Brent! Glad to have you here!

Hey since you don't own an FZ6, I'm gonna have to say :needpics:

Sorry for the delay, I had to find a suitable spot to take some pictures. turns out Stevens Canyon Road was the place!

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: New To It All...

Sorry for the delay, I had to find a suitable spot to take some pictures. turns out Stevens Canyon Road was the place!

Nice pictures, Buzz. Great looking bike you have there.

I'm glad I enjoyed riding it back to your place from San Francisco, it sounds like that's the last time I'll see that bike without your butt attached to it :thumbup:

howettl

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm picking up my new-to-me 2005 Blue FZ6 this Saturday. It will be my second bike, my first being a 2002 Ninja 500r, which I sold a couple months ago.
I live in Victoria, British Columbia, where we are lucky enough to have a riding season which is longer than most of the rest of BC (in fact, I rode my Ninja all the way through a cold Canadian winter! Only once though.)
It seems that there's a lot of great information in this forum so I'm happy to be a part of it!

Dylan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
my name is Dylan and I have just purchased my 09 FZ6N last saturday. Having a great time. I've been riding since I was only 7 but all on dirtbikes up until now.
Thanks for the great site!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Hi everyone! I'm picking up my new-to-me 2005 Blue FZ6 this Saturday. It will be my second bike, my first being a 2002 Ninja 500r, which I sold a couple months ago.
I live in Victoria, British Columbia, where we are lucky enough to have a riding season which is longer than most of the rest of BC (in fact, I rode my Ninja all the way through a cold Canadian winter! Only once though.)
It seems that there's a lot of great information in this forum so I'm happy to be a part of it!

Hi all,
my name is Dylan and I have just purchased my 09 FZ6N last saturday. Having a great time. I've been riding since I was only 7 but all on dirtbikes up until now.
Thanks for the great site!

:welcome: Enjoy and ride safe.

rabernar

rabernar
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Folks good to be with you as a new member in far NW Houston, Texas.

My wife and I are empty nesters and with kids off the payroll, I'm looking to posting some strong mileage here in East Texas.

Recently sold a 2000 Harley 1200 Sportster to get my 2005 FZ6 at $5,800. Happy fellow now, as I'm not burdened by the brand/lifestyle enormity of the Harley Mystique. No mas' amigos.

As a tinkerer, I'm impressed by some of the mods I've noted in this forum and look forward to getting my hands dirty. Probably the first will be to wire in a Battery Tender and then move on to the twin headlamps mod. My wife is asking for a Corbin seat, so that mod now has a deadline.

Look forward to anything I can contribute to the group. Soon as I get up to speed on postings, I'll throw in photos. Mebbe Admin can direct me to some FAQ info to get started. Much thanks.

jflores

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to be here

Hello, my name is Jon and I live in the western panhandle of Maryland. There are plenty of twisty roads and hills here, so when I get to ride it's a lot of fun. I have the Silver 04 fz6. It's still completely stock and just under 10,000 miles. My first bike was an 85' Suzuki Madura, 700cc. Hope to do many of the same mods on my bike that others have done to theirs. I'm glad to be here!

Owl

Junior Whopper
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, names Robert. I picked up a fast blue 07' with 2100 miles on it for $3500 a couple weeks ago. I've been out of the sportbike scene since 01" when I had a CBR 929 (sold in 04)... I must say I'm impressed with the FZ6 power wise, but it's cosmetics arent the best (mirrors, exhaust cover, solid seat), but that is rapidly changing with mods ;). Happy to be here, already learned ALOT in a few days. Looking to learn much more in the future.