New member welcome thread..

kentuckycat

Master of Physics
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, all!
My name's Eric and I live in Shelby County, Kentucky. Just picked up a new 09 FZ6 yesterday after not having a bike for 3 years. Can't wait to get out and ride!

-Eric

390652762.jpg

Last edited:

Eric1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, my name is Eric and am located in Dallas Texas. Found a deal on an 06 FZ6 I just couldn't pass up. clocked a couple hundred miles on her and am really liking the bike, very comfortable and nimble. I have a couple other bikes as well much to my wife's dismay. The ZX14 is waiting on parts after some dumb-ass knocked it over while it was parked in a spot. Anyway I'll be lurking about learning about the FZ as i didn't receive a owners manual with it. Is there a low fuel light that pops on?
Later, Eric
37580_1330068536771_1382712655_30729891_4260507_n.jpg

ngriffin02

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone! My name is Natalie and I live in Kansas. I just purchased a 2008 FZ6 and love it. I also have a Honda Shadow. I've been riding for a year now and am very glad that I took the time to learn. It's the best hobby ever!:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, my name is Eric and am located in Dallas Texas. Found a deal on an 06 FZ6 I just couldn't pass up. clocked a couple hundred miles on her and am really liking the bike, very comfortable and nimble. I have a couple other bikes as well much to my wife's dismay. The ZX14 is waiting on parts after some dumb-ass knocked it over while it was parked in a spot. Anyway I'll be lurking about learning about the FZ as i didn't receive a owners manual with it. Is there a low fuel light that pops on?
Later, Eric
37580_1330068536771_1382712655_30729891_4260507_n.jpg

No low fuel light as such, but the trip meter automatically turns over to "F-Trip", once you hit reserve, and starts the kilometre/mileage count from zero again....you get about 45km's on reserve safely...unless you wringing the bikes neck, then it becomes something more like 20km's before your walking!

Hello everyone
I just got my m1 and bought my first bike, the 2004 fz6.
So far its been fun and i cant wait to take it out and see what it can really do

Hi everyone! My name is Natalie and I live in Kansas. I just purchased a 2008 FZ6 and love it. I also have a Honda Shadow. I've been riding for a year now and am very glad that I took the time to learn. It's the best hobby ever!:D

Welcome people, your gonna love your fizzers!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

wrlomas

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi my name is Rob and just bought an 09 FZ6 Black on Black and love it. Home is Nakusp British Columbia but am currently living and working in Santa Rosa California. I have owned and raced bikes fo 41 years. I build and fix my own. This is the first bike I have bought that was new. I travel alot and the FZ has a home in my RV/toyhauler. I want to ride the Dragon and other famous roads. Send me info on your favourites and I'll put em on my list. Cheers

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. The name is Pauly and I'm an avid motorcyclist. I recently purchased a gently used 2004 FZ6, in Galaxy Blue. I got a stellar deal on it, so I had to buy it. I'll admit it wasn't my first choice. There are some things about the bike that I love, as well as some things I can't stand. I hope to work through some of its short-comings and learn to love this bike as I've loved so many others.

Not really sure what else to say so I'll stop here. When my interview form comes to me I'll post it up in the appropriate section.

Thanks for the site and I'm looking forward to learning about the bike and about some new riders.

anandabishek

Reaction score
Visit site
Hiiiiii every one:rockon: My name is abishek... u guys can call me abba... thats what all my friends call me... i am from india and currently put up in bangalore... and i am proud 2 tell u guys that i am the owner of a fz 16... which would be the 150cc version of the fz... i have just finished my degree in mechanical engineering... thats all about me... :rockon:

Last edited:

Whiteforestjeskar

Back up of female power
Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Hi everybody...

Well after a six month period of seeing and hearing almost everything about this fourm i'm finally a proud member.

My Name is Jess and probably you all know. And i am wolfmans partner in crime.

He has two kids which i find myself growing closer to each day and allready i cant imagine my life without them... We live just on the inner skirts of adelaide. Which is handy for Wolfmasn work but seeing as i work in Mount Barker not so good for me.

I have recently applied for Jobs withing the city and am hearing somtime this week about one that i think you will all be very jealous of.

I am forever asking Wolfman to get on the back of his bike. Myself i started riding when i was around 12-13, on a peewee 50, little yamaha thing...then i ugraded to a yz125 which after I hit puberty i got out of very quickly! it was gone by the time i was 16.

I am now looking at getting a lams approved bike, but oh god does the triumph street tripple and speed tripple look more than appealing.

I spend most of my time doing housework or working up at Mount barker. when i get time to myself its usally spent watching true blood or watching Some lifestyle program on foxtel.

I am a keen sleeper i get as much as i can when i can even if its 6:30 at night...if i'm tired, i'm cranky as all usually are, but if i'm tired and know i could go to sleep i'm usually allready there!

Anywaysss....thats a it about me....probably too much but EH who caresssss!

Ride safe

Jess

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody...

Well after a six month period of seeing and hearing almost everything about this fourm i'm finally a proud member.

My Name is Jess and probably you all know. And i am wolfmans partner in crime.

He has two kids which i find myself growing closer to each day and allready i cant imagine my life without them... We live just on the inner skirts of adelaide. Which is handy for Wolfmasn work but seeing as i work in Mount Barker not so good for me.

I have recently applied for Jobs withing the city and am hearing somtime this week about one that i think you will all be very jealous of.

I am forever asking Wolfman to get on the back of his bike. Myself i started riding when i was around 12-13, on a peewee 50, little yamaha thing...then i ugraded to a yz125 which after I hit puberty i got out of very quickly! it was gone by the time i was 16.

I am now looking at getting a lams approved bike, but oh god does the triumph street tripple and speed tripple look more than appealing.

I spend most of my time doing housework or working up at Mount barker. when i get time to myself its usally spent watching true blood or watching Some lifestyle program on foxtel.

I am a keen sleeper i get as much as i can when i can even if its 6:30 at night...if i'm tired, i'm cranky as all usually are, but if i'm tired and know i could go to sleep i'm usually allready there!

Anywaysss....thats a it about me....probably too much but EH who caresssss!

Ride safe

Jess
:welcome: Jess :D

More girl power ;)

Twilight, True Blood and Triumph Speed/street triples? Great

Looking forward to meeting you in Feb - it's gonna be the girls against the guys, I can see it now :rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Jess. Speed Trips are FZ1 food....LMAO.

it's gonna be the girls against the guys, I can see it now :rockon:

Uh Oh! I reckon you'll be in for a floggin' then:Flip: The guys'll be out on the road while you two are still straightening your hair:BLAA:.

Islandvibe

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

Jason from Vancouver Island here. Just bought my '09 FZ6 two days ago, 300k+ on it already! Had a Ninja 500 for a couple months, my first street bike. Traded it in towards the Yamaha. Amazing ride so far!

robogreg

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,
I just bought my fz6, (2007 with 3k miles for 3500). I just moved just east of dallas and decided it was time to get a bike. I have been flirting with the fz6 for around 2 years the timing was now right. I am mostly going to use it for my daily 20min commute, but there is the opportunity for plenty of weekend rides.

I can't wait to start interacting with other enthusiasts and learning what my new bike can do

Greg

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I just bought a FZ6S ABS (2006 model) yesterday. 11300km on the odometer and it looks and feels almost brand new. I also love the colour :) Extras are frame sliders and a 44 liter tail bag. My earlier bike was a 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500s, so this feels like a huge step forward :D This is my second bike now, I've been riding for 1½ years.

getsome

Reaction score
Visit site
hi all, Names Tom from york, Pennsylvania. Have had my FZ6 for a year now, and lovin the bike. You people are full of knowledge and great bikes. So instead of just keep wandering around as a guest, i finally joined.
Got a 2005 FZ6 with 10,500 miles
p/c III, 520 conversion, scorpion slip ons, fender eliminator, and the best thing ever... i went naked last week!!

I'm looking forward to all the support and answers from this forum!!

OldeDude

What, No Knobbies?
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, Curt from California, but more people know me by OldeDude than know my actual name. I've been a dirt bike guy for years, never was real comfortable on the pavement, but finally started riding street a couple of years ago on an old Honda Nighthawk.

I'm riding more street now, no more home office so the commute thing has a lot to do with that, and I figured it was time to get a real bike. My research led me right to the FZ6, partially prompted by a friend that has an FZ1. I figured I'd get a used one, and was starting to look around a bit. Well I was in the local Yamaha shop to pick up a tire for one of my dirt bikes and they had a couple of new 2009 FZ6s to look at, and of course the sales manager caught me looking. I told him I was just starting to look for a used one, and he told me he had a new 2009 demo bike with under 600 miles on that he would make me a great deal on .......... and I picked it up yesterday.

So here it is, I'm in my 50s so the slow black one was okay with me, especially for the price I got it for. I live in the Sierra foothills, so it'll spend most of its time in the twisties. :D

fz602.jpg

scag09

Reaction score
Visit site
:Flash:Hello everyone,

i signed up aug 10,2010. I am a FZ6R lover!! this is a perfect Bike for me. i'm a beginner on street bikes and i welcome any information you good riders may have.

I'm a catapiller certified diesel mechanic. i went to Trade school to be a Machinist. I also took some classes on chemical engineering. I wanted some facts about oils and lubracation. I wanted to let everyone know a little about me...

I live in the country and have some great back roads to ride, just dont hit a deer! i got my bike from hattiesburg cycle and was happy with the way things worked out .$6300.00 was my price on a Blue FZ6R. i perform engine break-in a little different than some people..

I take things really slow..
i stay under 4000 rpm for the first 600 miles...
i get above 4000 rpm in neutral and the bike on the kick stand.
at 100 miles i change the oil...
if you run a magnet in your dirty oil after 100 miles you would better understand this...
I use shell rotella T6 oil...
i also use Prolong AFMT in turn is the best Friction reducer iv ever seen. it works on metal only. so no worries with clutch slippage. i can power break the bike in second gear and spend the tire, so enough said! the clutch ant slipping!
i dont like to...but i use a very little upper cyl. lubricant for break-in only! man i have to just brag on this bike...its the smoothest, sweetest thing iv ever been on. I simply love this thing.

well...thank you for reading my post, and i hope some of you could answer some questions i may have. And i may Be able to answer some of yours..

Bill

Last edited:

Mr Buck

Born on the wrong side
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all!! Andrew here ;)

Im a the newest fresh fish to post on your boards so I figured I'd be nice and polite and come and say hello, so there, I've said it!!!

Only joking..... So yeah, Im a newbie here, looking to get back on two wheels as soon as financially possible, having left work to go back to uni, i had to sell loads of stuff, including my bike, to fund me through the 4 years.

But, now Im done, and I want to get back into the game, and I've also decided that I want a change too, Now dont get me wrong, and I dont want to start a load of crap here, But I love my customs :ban: , and not HD chrome billet barges either before you ask, propper customs that involve taking an angle grinder to a perfectly good bike and hardtailing it etc etc. Im delving into the world of sports bikes, simply as they are more practical for what I'll be using it for!

After much trauling on the net, the pre 09 FZ6 seems like a perfect place to start, plenty of poke from stock, with loads of roome for change :D

PS my first and last bike was a Kwak VN750, which I customised the merde out of, and not just cosmetics either, I ported and pollished the head :D

FZ6Dave

Reaction score
Visit site
I am from Kamloops BC - proud owner of a 2007 FZ6 - use it daily for as many days in the year I can...trying for 9 months this year, got on the road at the beginning of March and trying to go to the end of November...brrrr

My buddy on this forum (Kamloops) and I bought our new FZ6 bikes near Seattle new a few years back...now that was a good road trip.

Love the bike...use it as my daily commuter and do as many local rides in the twisties as I can fit in. Also managed to get in one trip a year so far - short 1-3 night trips. Loved the trip into the Kootenays and down into the states this year except those few seconds when my buddy put his bike down - all worked out well though.

Love this bike...awesome daily driver...and wakes, turns into a beast when I want it to :)

Anyway...finally on this forum...about time.