New member welcome thread..

TFAB

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: new members to our great forum!
[MENTION=27655]TFAB[/MENTION] make sure that when your headlamp is on low beam that when it is switched from low beam to high beam that the low beam filament turns off. You should have a dual filament H4 type lamp. If your bike was converted to a single headlamp form a faired model the head lamp circuit must be modified or the headlamp can fail from overheating and damage the socket and surrounding plastics.:)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm planning on playing around with it this weekend. Is there a way to tell if the bike originally had fairings on it?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I'm planning on playing around with it this weekend. Is there a way to tell if the bike originally had fairings on it?

If it was sold in the US it had a fairing. PM me if you have other questions or start a new thread. So we don't hog this one. :)

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the best Motorcycle Forum! Come for the bike, stay for the people. I sold my FZ6 (faster blue one) and both two Triumphs so far. Enjoy!

MESTRA

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello i am Steven from Croatia and I recently joined.
I used to own a few bikes and my last one was Aprilia Pegaso 660 but i wanted to upgrade so i bought a 2005 blue FZ6 and im enjoying it :rockon:.
Cheers to all.

LazrFazr

Reaction score
Visit site
HI,
I'm John from Southern Oregon and I just bought a 2008 FZ6 'Cobalt Blue" (Lefty's old bike). This is my first street bike so i'll be keeping an eye out for tips/advice. So far i've just been commuting to work and going for quick joyrides on my lunch break. Sometimes, when its raining, I just sit in my garage and stare at it...
Anyway, i'm 32 yrs old and 6'5", I have 3 beautiful kids (4yo G, 2yo B, 2mo G) and the coolest (and pretty good looking I might add) wife ever! I've lived in Oregon since Sept 2008 after moving from SE Michigan.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey we knew you were coming, but we didn't get time to bake you a cake, Welcome all the same.
Ride safe

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel like i should be posting in here, has been about 5 years since i have been on here. Hi, I'm Wolfman, i used to have 2 FZ6's, one was pink, then orange, then silver, the other i still have, is black, but used to be orange, and it might have a few mods! If anyone wants any help with FZ6 stuff, i can probably be of some help, i may of spent a bit of time, pulling them apart and putting them back together... :)

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
HI,
I'm John from Southern Oregon and I just bought a 2008 FZ6 'Cobalt Blue" (Lefty's old bike). This is my first street bike so i'll be keeping an eye out for tips/advice. So far i've just been commuting to work and going for quick joyrides on my lunch break. Sometimes, when its raining, I just sit in my garage and stare at it...
Anyway, i'm 32 yrs old and 6'5", I have 3 beautiful kids (4yo G, 2yo B, 2mo G) and the coolest (and pretty good looking I might add) wife ever! I've lived in Oregon since Sept 2008 after moving from SE Michigan.

:welcome: Glad you made it John and that you're enjoying the bike and I like how you've been out riding since you got it on Tuesday instead of sitting in front of a computer writing about it. :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to this great forum! We have a great group here.
Don't be shy if you need help with techy stuff cuz there are a lot of great experienced techs and riders on this forum and I'd say we're a fun group to hang out with. :)

Watch out for those Aussies though....They'll have you spreadin that Vegamite on your sammy.....:rockon:

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to this great forum! We have a great group here.
Don't be shy if you need help with techy stuff cuz there are a lot of great experienced techs and riders on this forum and I'd say we're a fun group to hang out with. :)

Watch out for those Aussies though....They'll have you spreadin that Vegamite on you sammy.....:rockon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw7hDQU_aKc

Good ol Mikey educating the masses....Motogiro

Johnny P

Reaction score
Visit site
JP from Anchorage Alaska, just picked up an 07 FZ6 Candy Apple Red with 3700mi.'s on her, 3rd owner and she looks brand new. FUN ride!!

Eagletalon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all!

New FZ6 owner but not a new rider. Previous rides include a Yamaha WR250R and a CBR250R. I have a new to me 2005 with 5,7xx miles. Was on the same family since new and you can tell it was barely ridden. When I went to pick it up it still had dust on it. Hope to learn from you guys and see what all the FuZ(6) is about.

742dba9dedda78f470c3a8d839312fe4.jpg

Later
Jon

doherty108

Reaction score
Visit site
im doherty108 , i just bought 2009 fz6 for my son , his first bike . i rode bikes a lot in the70s . im very impressed with this bike. Im 6 ft tall my son is5ft5in , i would like to lower the bike to fit him

kingxirol

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi y'all!

Just picked up an immaculate 2007 FZ6 2 days ago and joined this forum. Bike is my profile pic if it shows (being a newbie and all) :D

Not exactly new to riding and wrenching as I have been on two wheels for almost 22 yrs (I am 36 at the time of this post). This will be my first real sports bike though. Looking forward to sharing the passion of riding and to learn as much as I can about riding and wrenching on sports bikes!

Thanks for having me here!

EDIT: Inserted the pic now.

00A0A_9zks8z5P1bN_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi y'all!

Just picked up an immaculate 2007 FZ6 2 days ago and joined this forum. Bike is my profile pic if it shows (being a newbie and all) :D

Not exactly new to riding and wrenching as I have been on two wheels for almost 22 yrs (I am 36 at the time of this post). This will be my first real sports bike though. Looking forward to sharing the passion of riding and to learn as much as I can about riding and wrenching on sports bikes!

Congrats on your new bike, Welcome to the forum, Pranay.
Hope to catch up with you soon.
Me, Linus, Gotham, You - 4 FZ6 in Charlotte.
You guys make me so proud and remind me I took a nice decision an year ago :)

Last edited:

FreeFloatingCloud

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I'm from NSW Australia (mid north) and recently picked up a 2008 FZ6S with 20,000 km on the clock. This is my first non-restricted bike and damn, it moves. Honestly didn't expect to pick up such a good looking bike either so I'm totally stoked. Since buying it I've cleaned and lubed the chain, and flushed and replaced the coolant (I think the original coolant might have even been green). Still getting used to the throttle, clutch and power so but I get time in the seat whenever I can. Seems like a great forum so am glad to introduce myself.

Thanks

QIZMmqg.jpg

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
well a big ol downunder Welcome from the land of the vegemite sanger, That video above is mandatory viewing for anyone wanting to know the secret of all things Aussie,(i still laugh everytime I view it)
anyways as all of us say:
ride safe
ride often
post lots and wear yer gear

Oh and we love Pics

of yer bike!!!!

linus

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the world of the FZ, Kingxirol!

That bike is show room condition and the person that took care of it is something else with 90+ bikes under his belt. Looking forward to many great mtn runs with you and Raj.

Make sure to add your location to the members map as well
http://www.600riders.com/forum/dcMembermap.php

Hi y'all!

EDIT: Inserted the pic now.

View attachment 66516

Last edited: