New member welcome thread..

Fazed75

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I am Rishi and I finally got my drivers license 2 days ago (in the netherlands we have to complete 2 tests before getting the license) and bought a faster blue fazer 2006 even without trying it (I heard it was the best bike in the world so why bother trying it upfront?) Today I picked up the bike, did a 4 hour tour and can't wait to climb back on tomorrow
Any other members in Holland?

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Rishi, and welcome to the forum. Congrats on getting a great bike, and a BLUE one, at that!

We used to have a handy search tool where we could look up members - which would have been useful to find other members from nearby your location. But I cannot seem to find it. We had a big rework of the forum because they changed software platforms. It's pretty. But I'm not finding a lot of the useful features that were in the last version. Or maybe I'm just not spending as much time at trying.

You should look for @Cloggy who is in Alkmaar. He's the moderator on here for European "things." He was once very active on here, but I think I remember that he defected and bought a Triumph something or other. His profile says he last visited in July, so apparently he's not on often, lately. Because I "tagged" him he should get a notice about this post, but I don't know if he has that set to send an email, or if he won't see it till the next time that he logs in.

Chris

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Rishi, and welcome to the forum. Congrats on getting a great bike, and a BLUE one, at that!

We used to have a handy search tool where we could look up members - which would have been useful to find other members from nearby your location. But I cannot seem to find it. We had a big rework of the forum because they changed software platforms. It's pretty. But I'm not finding a lot of the useful features that were in the last version. Or maybe I'm just not spending as much time at trying.

You should look for @Cloggy who is in Alkmaar. He's the moderator on here for European "things." He was once very active on here, but I think I remember that he defected and bought a Triumph something or other. His profile says he last visited in July, so apparently he's not on often, lately. Because I "tagged" him he should get a notice about this post, but I don't know if he has that set to send an email, or if he won't see it till the next time that he logs in.

Chris

scot.jpgNo Triumph for me, I went with the Yamaha of course :) True I've been negelecting my duties on here, but if there's anything you need. :) Look after yourselves..

Fazed75

Reaction score
Visit site

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hi @Cloggy, nice to meet you
I live near Utrecht, so that's a bit of a drive. Still, maybe meet up next year somewhere?

Nice bike btw

Hi Rishi, I quite often ride around Utrecht, especially in the summer, although the weather has been very good to us this year unfortunately the first frost is forecast for Sunday/Monday. I had originally planned to ride around Utrecht yesterday but there was more rain than originally forecast so I did a ride around Friesland instead.

sneek.jpg

The week earlier I took a trip around the Veluwe including the Posbank. I must admit I tend to do my longer rides during the week (I'm generally off on a Thursday) especially in this corona time it's easier when it's not too busy. I normally go to the Motor Beurs in Utrecht in February but I suspect that won't be happening next year, :(. A couple of my favourite routes start in Nieuwegein not far from you so maybe we can meet up sometime for a ride.

Fazed75

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Rishi, I quite often ride around Utrecht, especially in the summer, although the weather has been very good to us this year unfortunately the first frost is forecast for Sunday/Monday. I had originally planned to ride around Utrecht yesterday but there was more rain than originally forecast so I did a ride around Friesland instead.

View attachment 73847

The week earlier I took a trip around the Veluwe including the Posbank. I must admit I tend to do my longer rides during the week (I'm generally off on a Thursday) especially in this corona time it's easier when it's not too busy. I normally go to the Motor Beurs in Utrecht in February but I suspect that won't be happening next year, :(. A couple of my favourite routes start in Nieuwegein not far from you so maybe we can meet up sometime for a ride.

Wow, you really move! I was out near Nieuwegein today, but the cold was unbearable .
Anyway, looking forward to learning a few nice routes around here .

Schlumberger112

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone, my name is Roshan and I'm writing to you from Dubai , I just picked up a 2009 FZ6N S2. This is my first inline 4 cylinder bike and I'm just loving it.

Thanks for adding me in.

T

Tony@west oz

Great bike mate , this mine

Attachments

• 366551EB-587B-4D74-8EFC-21EDAEDB5234.jpeg
    366551EB-587B-4D74-8EFC-21EDAEDB5234.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 510C52C5-3E58-4B7A-B534-4C38B0DDE366.jpeg
    510C52C5-3E58-4B7A-B534-4C38B0DDE366.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 13B3F579-384B-49D9-8BBD-10BEE1F238CC.jpeg
    13B3F579-384B-49D9-8BBD-10BEE1F238CC.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 9

Marcotech1

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been reading a lot on this forum, got tons of knowledge and ideas, finally just joined the club.
Name Marco
From TX
Job Auto Technician
Own a 2005 Yamaha FZ6
I ride my motorcycle every day from home to work and back and on the weekends my truck ( who doesn't own a truck in Texas right)
Thanks guys for all the info.