New member welcome thread..

hotrob

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All! I'm a low-level bureaucrat living in Ottawa. I started riding back in 2010 on an old Kawi KZ250LTD, but when I moved to Ottawa from Halifax and found out my insurance was going to go from $400 a year to $3000 for six months, I had to let it go.

Moved to the Gatineau side in 2020, and because I could finally afford the insurance due to a better job and cheaper rates got my license again last summer.Just purchased a 2008 FZ6 on Friday, and super excited to ride it home from Montreal in a couple weeks when the weathers a bit nicer :) Funny enough, I actually went in to look at two v-stroms they had (both gone) and the Fazer 8 in the background of the second pic (it had been dropped and the pictures online didn't show it) because I'm a tall guy and wanted something comfortable to do some long trips. I'd never even thought to look at the FZ6 as I thought it was the same size as the FZ6R which is a bit small and uncomfortable for me, but when I sat on it I found it to fit me pretty well.

My old man just bought himself an R7 so very excited to carve up some country roads with him this summer!

Attachments

• 20220325_184355.jpg
    20220325_184355.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • 20220325_184301.jpg
    20220325_184301.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 15

wvvv

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm Tyler, Shoop's neighbor that bought his FZ6 when he got his MT-09. Been lurking the forms for a bit, since I bought the bike last year, but finally decided to make an account. I am new to street riding (really all riding aside from learning on my old neighbors dirt bike when I was MUCH younger) but it has been something I've been wanting to do for a long time, so I took the MSF course last year, and then shortly after bought Chris's bike. I am absolutely in love with it. Managed to put close to 3k miles on it during the remainder of last season, along with a ride with my girlfriend's dad, his wife, and my girlfriend. Looking forward to when it is consistently warm. Last year I rode more than I drove, and I am ready to get back to that!

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm Tyler, Shoop's neighbor that bought his FZ6 when he got his MT-09. Been lurking the forms for a bit, since I bought the bike last year, but finally decided to make an account. I am new to street riding (really all riding aside from learning on my old neighbors dirt bike when I was MUCH younger) but it has been something I've been wanting to do for a long time, so I took the MSF course last year, and then shortly after bought Chris's bike. I am absolutely in love with it. Managed to put close to 3k miles on it during the remainder of last season, along with a ride with my girlfriend's dad, his wife, and my girlfriend. Looking forward to when it is consistently warm. Last year I rode more than I drove, and I am ready to get back to that!
Welcome Tyler! Congrats on buying Shoop's ride.
I haven't ridden West of the Mississippi yet... but can emphatically state that WV has THE BEST motorcycle roads on this side of it. You're blessed to live there!

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Welcome Tyler, nice ride. I know that bike from a long way back... when it belonged to er..... what's his name :) .

Chris used to come up North once a year when we would ride some of the nicer parts of NY State. I can tell you from experience that your bike LOVES Bear Mountain NY.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey my name's Tamas, proud new owner of an 05 FZ6. I came from an SV650 which were my past two bikes. Let me tell you this FZ6 is a whole nother level of fun! I work for a beard care company, production manager.
Welcome Tamas. I too have an 05 which just turned 72,663 miles and still runs like the day I got her.

Post up some pictures of your new ride, and more importantly, let us know if you need any help, advice, assistance. There are some very talented and experienced members here, from mechanical to electrical to mods and fabrication.

ttoth1989

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Tamas. I too have an 05 which just turned 72,663 miles and still runs like the day I got her.

Post up some pictures of your new ride, and more importantly, let us know if you need any help, advice, assistance. There are some very talented and experienced members here, from mechanical to electrical to mods and fabrication.
thanks for the warm welcoming! i sure will get some more pics, i just turned 27000 miles lol. I've heard nothing but great things about this bike.

ttoth1989

Reaction score
Visit site
it has been sprayed matt black with a semi gloss . what do yall think? ps i just added the wheel decals my own way. i think it looks way better than the way it shows in the directions.

jawad242

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Just got an '08 FZ6 after getting cut off and crashing my '09 FZ1. Miss the torque of the FZ1 but love the fuel economy/range on this bike.

PotatoRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

just recently got my first bike, an 2004 fz6n, and found this forum which seems like a good place to gather knowledge so made an account and I'll be lurking around here :)

Paul Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

just recently got my first bike, an 2004 fz6n, and found this forum which seems like a good place to gather knowledge so made an account and I'll be lurking around here :)
Congrats! the lads here, have an amazing depth of knowledge on the FZ6, for me personally I'm riding 22 years, had liter bikes, 600's, 2 750's , last bike I owned previous to my FZ6 was a GSXR750... to me the Yammy FZ6 is the best bike I've ever owned! be safe

PotatoRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! the lads here, have an amazing depth of knowledge on the FZ6, for me personally I'm riding 22 years, had liter bikes, 600's, 2 750's , last bike I owned previous to my FZ6 was a GSXR750... to me the Yammy FZ6 is the best bike I've ever owned! be safe

thanks! I'm looking to do some mods and get my hands dirty so I'm sure all the info here will come in handy :)