Short Notice SD Saturday 25th Ride!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
An especially nice day! A little warm in the low desert but worth every minute!

We rode Montezuma Valley Rd.(also known as "The Glass Elevator") 4 times today! :BLAA: One of the best rides you'll ever get to do. As usual we stopped at the Ranchita store where a few of the regulars are always glad to see and chat with us.

I wanted to surprise the gang with a little excursion out of the ordinary and led the group to a one of the places in our area where metal art is displayed. You'll find this type of art scattered throughout the desert and other areas of San Diego county. I knew there was some sand but didn't expect to deal with the more talc like sand that made riding pretty squirrely. On entry to this area there was harder packed, rocky ground cover and then the sand. So we did some adventure riding and some great twisties throughout the day.

We stopped at the Santa Ysabel gas station where CHP was doing a safety awareness day for motorcycles. They had a typical novelty helmet and a CHP helmet on display to show the difference in design and construction. One of the CHP officers (Officer O'Connel) was the officer that stopped Luis and I about a year ago. Great guy! He could have hurt us but didn't!
We had a great time playing with the display helmets and these guys would really rather see us be safe. We saw them again on our way back home.

sandctrev tracked us off the bread crumbs off my Spot satellite tracker and we finally hooked up so that made six of us railing up Banner Grade through Julian and then apple pie!

I know I sound like a broken record but we do have the best members on this forum! :D Thanks friends for a great day of friendship and riding!(especially on short notice):)

Special thanks to Jblk9695 (Jerry) for always doing a long ride to come play with us. We have to return the favor soon! :rockon:

Special thanks to Verharen for some of these pics!

Testing the CHP helmet.
photo%25202.JPG

The CHP officers said something about this helmet and budget cuts! Lol!
photo%25203.JPG

O'connel, Verharen and Aguillar
photo%25204.JPG

Ray and our crew!
Rzrm1.jpg

My New adventure bike.
IMG_20130525_114820_458.jpg

Goop, the giant scorpion and Verharen.
IMG_20130525_115014_590.jpg

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Outstanding photo's my friend :thumbup: You guys have gotta take the Humpy's to the giant critters one day :rockon:

Goop looks like he fresh off another shot of nyquil in the last pic :eek: :rof: :rof:

You're as good as there! C'mon Brother Daniel!:D

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome time yesterday guys & gal! We have a solid group of riders who love to have a good time. It's always an adventure! :) At one point I created a Google group called SoCal Hoons....I'll need to see if I can revive it.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was a tad above 100° F in Borrego yesterday. And it felt like it out there on the sand!

No wonder my face was red and I wanted to take off my pants. :ban:

(I am quite sure I will regret this post later, but c'mon, it was really warm and I had shorts on underneath). :tard:

Or maybe I'm just qualifying for "So Cal Hoonigan" status?

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
That's cause you were surrounded by all the HOT bodies:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I meant the metal monsters that were baking in the hot sun:BLAA:

and you and Nick were the smart ones who stayed on the hard pack:thumbup:

and I won't make any comment about your pants:eek:

Jerry

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Short vid from the second ride down zooma, caught up with a slower group towards the bottom but no worries.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xggPUuu3LxM&list=UUdE8JIO_1HONt5AIhV6-05w&index=1"]SoCal Hoons Group ride - YouTube[/ame]

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Short vid from the second ride down zooma, caught up with a slower group towards the bottom but no worries.

SoCal Hoons Group ride - YouTube

Jerry
Thanks Jerry. I like your camera set-up. Does great video!
It was a little congested going down Monty but we all got to have some fun after running it 4 times! :rockon:
I'll have video up as soon as it's rendered and uploaded.:)

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's some video from Saturday! :)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-len5DXr7Y]Monty 525-2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Short video paddling in the sand.

Not very efficient but made it out:thumbup:

Jerry

Hey! No drop and you went from point A to point B, I don't care what it looks like. You take first place! :rockon:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Took a bit of concentration, but we made it!

My bike weighs around 3.5 times more than me and my inseam is only 27" :eek: While I'm sure you all would have been gentlemanly enough to help me pick it up or push it through, I felt I had to respect that my bike was not built for that terrain. (Thanks ba4x for backing up my "good decision" call by joining me).

Go ahead, call me a girl. :Flip: Proud of it!

I'll admit it was fun to watch you guys paddling forward. :popcorn: And since all went well, it was totally worth the photo op. I love that shot of Motogiro's Suzuki Scorpion!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike weighs around 3.5 times more than me and my inseam is only 27" :eek: While I'm sure you all would have been gentlemanly enough to help me pick it up or push it through, I felt I had to respect that my bike was not built for that terrain. (Thanks ba4x for backing up my "good decision" call by joining me).

Go ahead, call me a girl. :Flip: Proud of it!

I'll admit it was fun to watch you guys paddling forward. :popcorn: And since all went well, it was totally worth the photo op. I love that shot of Motogiro's Suzuki Scorpion!!

I totally respect your decision to stay on the harder surface especially on seeing that truck buried to it axles in the powder.
My decision may have been because of the lack of my additional X chromosome.(inside joke) :tard:

My decision was based on past experience on that type of terrain and a small prayer. :) :p