SoCal "Hoonapalooza" June 22 2013

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes glad to see you posting. Just keep hitting the morphine button and you will be floating around in a happy place. I've got your helmet. It has served you well my friend. Will try and get it down to you on Monday. It'll be a good keepsake for ya at least.

I've got the helmet now. And the best part of our "hand-off" meeting was being asked by sandctrev's son "Do you ride a motorcycle? I didn't know girls could ride motorcycles!" I told him only the really special ones do.

Happy b'day little brother! :D May all your wishes come true - especially the one where you wished Wavex would feel better soon as you blew on a dandelion. I had forgotten about that powerful wishing method!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey David sorry to hear you came a cropper, hope you heal up fast

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm leaving early Friday and I'm thinking of taking a similar route down with a few changes. Here's a link to the map I'll probably use. If you want to try and hook up in Hollister we can ride down together if we could get an early enough start Friday morning from Hollister. Hope you can make it dude! :D

San Carlos, CA to Buena Park, CA - Google Maps

I clicked on your map link and it looks like your coming to visit me.. lol

Jon

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back to my home in NorCal about an hour ago. Not exactly the weekend I was expecting when I left on Friday. :eek: Seeing one of your best friends hurt like David is is really upsetting. But the way everyone from our forum who was on the ride with us yesterday just pitched in and made a terrible situation turn out o.k. speaks volumes of how awesome our members/friends are. From making the 911 call, to riding down to Barrago Springs to get Gatoraid for everyone, to calling AAA to have David's bike towed, to directing traffic around the accident, all of you were just the best friends David could have had at that moment. I can't say enough about everyone of you! :thumbup:
Thanks Cliff for going with John and I to the hospital to be with him after the incident.
Jen thanks for the visits to David and his wife.
David my brother, I will give you a call tomorrow, you can count on that.

Edit: I may have to reconsider my sig line....

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back to my home in NorCal about an hour ago. Not exactly the weekend I was expecting when I left on Friday. :eek: Seeing one of your best friends hurt like David is is really upsetting. But the way everyone from our forum who was on the ride with us yesterday just pitched in and made a terrible situation turn out o.k. speaks volumes of how awesome our members/friends are. From making the 911 call, to riding down to Barrago Springs to get Gatoraid for everyone, to calling AAA to have David's bike towed, to directing traffic around the accident, all of you were just the best friends David could have had at that moment. I can't say enough about everyone of you! :thumbup:
Thanks Cliff for going with John and I to the hospital to be with him after the incident.
Jen thanks for the visits to David and his wife.
David my brother, I will give you a call tomorrow, you can count on that.

Edit: I may have to reconsider my sig line....

Thank you Lefty. This is something I wanted to express to our gang but haven't had a chance yet.
I was interviewed by no other than J.Peterson a few hours ago for the report he had to close on this. He couldn't make it to the site soon enough and missed us. Great officer!

You all did such a great job during the emergency. Keeping traffic off the scene, getting vehicles slowed and getting the bike out of the lane. Getting hydration up the mountain to us! My hydration pack had turned to hot water in that sun and the cold water and Gatoraid were such lifesavers!

I will post some pics of the positive very soon.

Thank you all so much for your work yesterday. Thank you for your kindness and friendship! :)

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2 :mikebike:

Last edited:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Yes, lets focus on the positive, we got to visit with friends we haven't seen in a while and some of us got to meet new friends and get to know them a little. The ride up and down Palomar was fun and the group shot at Lake Henshaw was one for the books(thanks Jen), Wavex will heal in time and be back to his old self and there will be other rides to enjoy.

So I'll kick it off with a few positive pics--

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
sans mots:
9121428789_c440d0889e.jpg
9121432989_8532d2436a.jpg
9123660762_5d8ca7b50f.jpg
9121441895_ff1eb0a5c0.jpg
9121445809_61b3aebce4.jpg
9121450201_c663a8cc72.jpg
9121453897_d002d61f1e.jpg
9123681308_75025703c4.jpg
9121461737_f776a0c33a.jpg
9123689062_5b3c17b5b8.jpg

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
I know I haven't post much, but I've been following this thread since the beginning, always reading your comments. I logged in today just to check on your pictures. I feel for Mr David, hope he heels soon..
I see how this forum stands out from all the other ones out there, from the beginning I felt welcomed and I feel so lucky to be somewhat part of the forum.. Hope I can get a change to meet you guys in person this summer...

Jon

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would just like to say a HUGE heart felt Thankyou to All the forum members involved in getting David & his bike/gear to where it needed to be :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: It's moments like this that make you realize how much of a family we really are & how close some of us become... I have never met any of my OS friends (yet) but the concern I feel when one of our own goes down just goes to show, how much we share & live our lives on this great little forum :thumbup:

You have all done a fantastic job & one day I will buy you all a beer :) I have never been prouder to be a member of this great mob :rockon: :rockon:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
9121441895_ff1eb0a5c0.jpg

If you look closely in the distance, I'm pretty sure that's Jerry on his bike behind the fire engine. He ran down the mountain to get Gatorade and was on his way back up.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
If you look closely in the distance, I'm pretty sure that's Jerry on his bike behind the fire engine. He ran down the mountain to get Gatorade and was on his way back up.

Cali rider made the suggestion to get some cool refreshments and with how hot it was it made a lot of sense.:thumbup:
and that is me following the rescue vehicles.

Jerry

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, photo probably is Jerry (founder of "Jerry Pepsi") returning from the Gatorade run. Afterward, CHP Officer Tracy coasting (sans helmet) Dave's Buell farther down the road (for tow operator) generated a few chuckles ;) Despite the event, it was great being around such a fantastic group of hoons (the officers and emergency personnel, too).:thumbup: (Photo used without Wavex's permission) ;)
9127728446_43c2db313d_b.jpg

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
It was a realy dry warm area, between all of us our H20 supply went warm. That ice cold refresher hit the spot. You took care of all of us on that one. I also want to point out how everyone stayed calm, and thought out the situation. I can never say that enough in safty meeting at work. But when something happens someone always freaks out and steps out of there knowledge base to help. I once saw a guy trying to carry his buddy whom knocked himself out.

We all need to try this again sometime, I was looking forward to taking over a portion of a restaurant, for lunch. I have always enjoyed Hooning it up on the rd. but I like the random places we eat at too. Food is good.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
There is nothing more for me to write on this except to tell you all that I love you with all my heart.

Everyone made it to the hospital today and seeing you all gave me so much energy that I don't need painkillers anymore. Even ****ing Kenny made it here from Vegas: dude, you are awesome thank you so much!!!!

Jenn, Cliff, John, Pam, Jensen, Bryan, Nick, Lefty, Stacy, Jerry: you folks are special: THANK YOU!!!!!!! :rockon: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear bro, was it a high side? I had #Ribs and Scapula in 98 post 70mph high side. 10 days and it won't be so bad.
How's the bike? Heal well my friend.
Nelly

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you had an off David, never nice to hear of another riders misfortune. Glad to hear that you are healing up well, and get out of hospital later in the week.

:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Some video and pictures!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD6pHI7t42k]Hoonapalooza Riders - YouTube[/ame]

Pic%2520011.jpg

Pic%2520010.jpg

Pic%2520009.jpg

Pic%2520002.jpg

Pic%2520012.jpg

Pic%2520017.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you had an off David, never nice to hear of another riders misfortune. Glad to hear that you are healing up well, and get out of hospital later in the week.

:thumbup:

Where have you been!? :D