SoCal "Hoonapalooza" June 22 2013

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I saw that movie with Matthew Broderick.:D TBH (to be honest)---Confirmation: it's hinging on possible late, bad timing situation that I'm hoping won't pop up. If, on late Thursday, Houston says "all systems GO," break of dawn Friday, I put on my helmet, get on/off boring I5 and do Hollister McDonalds, 25/33, then get back on I5 over the Grapevine, and to Carlsbad. You?

I'm leaving early Friday and I'm thinking of taking a similar route down with a few changes. Here's a link to the map I'll probably use. If you want to try and hook up in Hollister we can ride down together if we could get an early enough start Friday morning from Hollister. Hope you can make it dude! :D

http://goo.gl/maps/jm8gz

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to consult my astrologist for clarification ;).

BTW - Friday is the summer solstice. It's the longest day of the year, so you should have plenty of time for a long ride.

Also - Sunday is the full moon. So if it gets late you'll have a heavenly street light to help you find your way home.

I know this is astronomy instead of astrology...but thought it might help show how destiny is in your favor! ;)

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm leaving early Friday and I'm thinking of taking a similar route down with a few changes. Here's a link to the map I'll probably use. If you want to try and hook up in Hollister we can ride down together if we could get an early enough start Friday morning from Hollister. Hope you can make it dude! :D

San Carlos, CA to Buena Park, CA - Google Maps

John, (saw your route), why not? :thumbup:"Early enough?" How about 7:00 AM at Hollister McDonald's? (I would leave Sac at 4:30 for that schedule) I would like to arrive in Carlsbad by 7:00 PM Friday (if that's possible with I5 "main" rush hour!!). I could call (you have same cell# as last time?) you Thurs evening to confirm if I'm free or not going.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds great Stacy. Howz about 8:00 a.m. at the McDonalds? I think that will still give us time to reach our destinations on time and not be too pushed. I have the same cell# as before. Give me a call and let me know if you're in. Hope you can make it! :rockon:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds great Stacy. Howz about 8:00 a.m. at the McDonalds? I think that will still give us time to reach our destinations on time and not be too pushed. I have the same cell# as before. Give me a call and let me know if you're in. Hope you can make it! :rockon:

8:00 a.m.? Okay, that's good. Same (I believe) rendez-vous spot at 1711 Airline Highway, Hollister.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4...&sa=X&ei=eF6_Uaq0BIWpiQLum4DoBw&ved=0CIABEMgT

Cell you on Thursday evening...:Flash:

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gentlemen: The weather report is good for Saturday. A few coastal night & morning low clouds, typical for June. Inland temps: 78/60 and only a few degrees cooler on the coast & higher elevations. Fri & Sun are about the same. Light winds. Squids in the forecast for Palomar Mtn, so nice and easy will rule the day.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Houston calls an all clear tomorrow night. :thumbup: Hope everyone's tires are scrubbed in, brakes are set, and riders are feeling great. Try to stay clear of 4 year olds for the next 48 hours!

- Sista Hoon Jen :cheer:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gentlemen: The weather report is good for Saturday. A few coastal night & morning low clouds, typical for June. Inland temps: 78/60 and only a few degrees cooler on the coast & higher elevations. Fri & Sun are about the same. Light winds. Squids in the forecast for Palomar Mtn, so nice and easy will rule the day.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Houston calls an all clear tomorrow night. :thumbup: Hope everyone's tires are scrubbed in, brakes are set, and riders are feeling great. Try to stay clear of 4 year olds for the next 48 hours!

- Sista Hoon Jen :cheer:

Thanks for the update Jen. I have two of the three items on your list A.O.K. for the ride. If I get to bed by 8 tonight I might be rested up and well enough to be back to almost (ab)normal for the ride. :D Mrs. Lefty has caught my cold and has been very sick all week, but I've been sleeping in the guest room so as not to re-infect myself before this weekend. :thumbup:
See you guys Saturday!
P.S. I'm hoping to hear good news from Tailgate tonight...:rockon:

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
I am crazy slammed at work this week... I'm all to ready to throw my leg over my bike and get out of town.

On a good note, my son Colin wants to try his hand at mini bike street racing. We just have to convince momma that its safer then baseball. ... Well, as long as you don't fall off.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
P.S. I'm hoping to hear good news from Tailgate tonight...:rockon:

I'll be testing the com line with Lefty later this evening, it's a green ligh event and I'm aready thinking about the ride as if walking into an important exam exam or something (involved feeling). Can't wait now. I'm not even checking horiscope for guidance. John, maybe I'll beat you to the rendez-vous. Glad to be doing this again! Looking forward to meeting up for this!:Flash:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's on. :thumbup: Spoke to Stacey a few minutes ago and we're launch ready. SoCal here we come! :rockon:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yay! :cheer:

Get a good night's sleep, and have a safe journey tomorrow.

Oh, and there is possible rain for Nor Cal in the forecast for Sunday. Maybe your back up plan will be to stay until it clears? :D

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yay! :cheer:

Get a good night's sleep, and have a safe journey tomorrow.

Oh, and there is possible rain for Nor Cal in the forecast for Sunday. Maybe your back up plan will be to stay until it clears? :D

Thanks Jen. I will be getting a good night's sleep tonight, work today was brutal. Staying another day in SoCal wouldn't be so bad except I'd have to deal with the Monday morning commute traffic as well as the Friday night traffic tomorrow....:Flip: :D
Bike's prepped, all GoPro batteries charging, having a nightcap..all is well.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Once again friends and family will be able to track their Hoons and Hoonettes on Saturday!

Remember there will be no data for the map until Saturday morning. It's a non private link so you can just copy the link and share it with anyone.

Hoonapalooza Hoon GPS Tracker

Last edited:

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm all about the spot. I will be purchasing spot after my apprenticeship is over. I always wish I had it with me while I'm in the middle of nowhere by myself having my adventures. :rockon:

Ride safely tommarow you two. I look forward to meeting you.:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be testing the com line with Lefty later this evening, it's a green ligh event and I'm aready thinking about the ride as if walking into an important exam exam or something (involved feeling). Can't wait now. I'm not even checking horiscope for guidance. John, maybe I'll beat you to the rendez-vous. Glad to be doing this again! Looking forward to meeting up for this!:Flash:

It's on. :thumbup: Spoke to Stacey a few minutes ago and we're launch ready. SoCal here we come! :rockon:

It'll be great to see you guys again as well as Cali rider and Wavex! Been too long! :)

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All packed, charged up, riding clothes laid out. Hit the sack and up at 6:00 and hit the road. Woo Hoo!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Update. Nick's on board! :)

Goop
Motogiro
Jblk9695
Lefty
Cali rider
Verharen
sandctrev
Gelvatron
Wavex
Tailgate
ba4x

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Update. Nick's on board! :)

Goop
Motogiro
Jblk9695
Lefty
Cali rider
Verharen
sandctrev
Gelvatron
Wavex
Tailgate
ba4x

Double YAY!!!! I was afraid to ask why we hadn't heard from him yet. But I guess he was just making a big entrance by signing up fashionably late! Happy Solstice everyone.

Edit: Nick always makes a big entrance. :rof:

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Any one heard from Lefty and Tailgate? You guys listening on the forum? :Lurking:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Uh, yes, that's a roger, Cliff. We arrived in SoCal after the all-day ride and I'm sinking $200 fifth whiskey right now with my brother in Carlsbad. See everybody manana. Most tiring part of the ride from NorCal: splitting all the heavy traffic going south on I5!