Welcome to Vegas Krid & Lone

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
0900 ready to roll out of John's Driveway. Four 2006 FZ6's and we all have four different type of exhaust!
P1000671.jpg

Lone's bike. His license plate tells it all. Actually, he's our support team. Tire, fuel, you name it he has it just in case one of us breaks down:thumbup:
P1000672.jpg

Did I say 0900? More like 1100, thanks to Santa Barbara Powersports for squeezing Lone in for a tire swap.
P1000674.jpg

Gosh, it's lunch time already and we really haven't even gone 35 miles:(
P1000681.jpg

1st stop was a touristy town called Solvang, it was a Bavarian/Dutch type town.
P1000683.jpg

P1000684.jpg

Rolling towards San Luis Obispo
P1000687.jpg

Fueling up in San Luis Obispo
P1000686.jpg

Last edited:

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
So Vegas when do you expect to be up here? I doesn't sound like you'll make it up here tomorrow. Which is good, I have to drive a fair shuttle from 4pm till 1140pmish, when ever the last person is ready to leave the fair.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hearst Castle Visitor Center. Just a stop, no tour:( Picture of Dirk.
P1000696.jpg

You can see the castle in the very upper right hand corner of this picture. Well maybe.
P1000695.jpg

Next stop to see the Elephant Seals. We always make sure we get pole position when we park.
P1000699.jpg

Wondering what Elephant Seals are? Here are some pics. They look pretty damn lazy to me.
P1000700.jpg

After 5 minutes of viewing the seals, we come back and see more FZ6 wannabees. Actually these bikes belong to four women from Pennsyvania making my road trip look like a trip around the block! The bikes: One V-Star, two Harley's and a Goldwing. Why can't I meet these kind of women.
P1000701.jpg

Did I mention it was freaking Cold! Here's John bundling up. I am soooo glad that I brought my heated vest.
P1000703.jpg

Finally, we were able to put some serious assault on the upcoming road. About 75 miles of just sick twisty roads with breath taking views. This is the beginning. Hey cager, get out of our way!
P1000704.jpg

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Now I have to apologize on some of the upcoming pictures. I am trying to keep up by riding with one hand using the throttle and trail braking when necessary and holding up the camera with my left hand the entire time. Lone setting the pace, and I'm following John, I had a tough time keeping up. Almost lost it a couple of times LOL...now.
P1000705.jpg

P1000709.jpg

P1000710.jpg

I'm falling farther behind LOL...not easy with one hand.
P1000711.jpg

Like I said, I was getting farther behind, so I thought I should take a picture of something. How's the view?
P1000715.jpg

Thank God for a cager! I caught up!
P1000716.jpg

P1000720.jpg

Oh, can't forget about Dirk!
P1000728.jpg

Time to take a rest and take in the view.
P1000729.jpg

To be continued...........
P1000731.jpg

Last edited:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for sharing all the pics and beautiful scenery it makes us feel and enjoy the experience although not as much as you of course!! its always great to meet forum members and have a blast or better still a decent trip.

thumbs up and keep them coming:rockon:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are more pictures. Here come Dirk again, designated sweeper.
P1000736.jpg

Everyone here had evil thoughts, I guess the less riders, we could make better time?
P1000737.jpg

Yup, I was right. Here's a picture of Lone trying to push me off the Cliff:spank:
P1000733.jpg

Friends again:thumbup:
P1000734.jpg

We spent the extra time at this location to take in the sunset, which meant the rest of our ride would be in the dark.
P1000738.jpg

Here's me.
P1000735.jpg

P1000746.jpg

Here's John.
P1000747.jpg

So we finally rolled into Monterey about 2130. The three of them originally were going to camp, but since everyone was frozen, well maybe except for Lone, they all just followed me back to my hotel.

So the plan for Friday:

Lefty is currently on his way down from the Bay area to met the four of us for breakfast. Then Lone & Jtarkany will head back down to Santa Barbara while the three of us will head north towards San Fran. From there we will have lunch and maybe head to the Golden Gate Bridge. I think this is where Dirk will begin his journey back east while I solo it up the coast up into Oregon. I should be in Portland in a couple of days, probably Sunday, where I will get some service done on my bike. I will try to hook up with some Portland/Vancouver riders then. I'll catch up with Lone sometime early next week.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Awesome pics. If Lone and John take the 101/5 down, tell them to look for a large lifted purple Jeep on its way north. That'll be me. I'll keep my eyes peeled to see if I spot them on the super slab (if they can resist taking PCH down again ;))

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Another great meeting of forum members, i just love the comradship that we all show to each other, the trip looks like your taking in some really good veiws also.:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great thread guys, looks like an awesome trip, love all the Fizzers together at the petrol station....

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Once again the Forum brings people together! Nice!

And remind me, if i ever meet you Lone, not to get drunk and start wrestling with you! :eek:

Safe riding boys...keep posting the pics! Loving it!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like an awesome ride with a bunch of "top blokes".

Will have to do a "tour" myself one day, what could be better than riding around all day with a heap of mates without a care in the world.

:rockon:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
More pictures,more pictures! :rockon:

And did I really read that VEGASRIDER was going around a bend,one handed,looking through a camera :eek: :D

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got back a little while ago from my ride with the hooligans.
Nice bunch of guys. Weather was kind of sucky most of the day but it was perfect when we went to Laguna Seca! Vegasrider took a ton of pics which he'll probably post tonight.
Oh Wolfman, no worries about Lone, he's just a Big teddy bear...