Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

L.binie

Live to ride,Ride to live
Reaction score
Visit site
hello ,please can you give me a Url link on how i can get this Angel eyes head lamp kits for my FZ6 2008 ...thanks

svzxr650

Reaction score
Visit site
www.uniquemotolights.com has better Mini H1 projector kits than TheRetrofitSource because they are using motorcycle specific wire/relay harnesses and slim ballasts. and not universal car harnesses with bulky ballasts.

Also their prices are much better, at only $219 for a complete kit shipped VS Theretrofitsource.com $270 + Shipping.

I bought their Mini H1 projector kit for my SV650S, then sent them my headlight and they installed the projectors and Audi LED strips in it.

Here is how my headlight came out: (i grabbed the pics from their website as i dont have my pics at work).

IMG_0426600x400-vi.jpg

IMG_0454600x400-vi.jpg

these are the Mini H1 projectors that i used, and i also opted to add the angel eyes to them:

VisteonProjectorlens2-vi.jpg

Last edited:

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
www.uniquemotolights.com has better Mini H1 projector kits than TheRetrofitSource because they are using motorcycle specific wire/relay harnesses and slim ballasts. and not universal car harnesses with bulky ballasts.

Also their prices are much better, at only $219 for a complete kit shipped VS Theretrofitsource.com $270 + Shipping.

I bought their Mini H1 projector kit for my SV650S, then sent them my headlight and they installed the projectors and Audi LED strips in it.

Here is how my headlight came out: (i grabbed the pics from their website as i dont have my pics at work).

IMG_0426600x400-vi.jpg

IMG_0454600x400-vi.jpg

these are the Mini H1 projectors that i used, and i also opted to add the angel eyes to them:

Well what the hell?! You couldn't have posted this before I bought mine?? lol… The price is better, but the retrofit source also has kits specific per bike including wiring harnesses. Can you grab a pic of the inside of your dash area where all your headlight connections are? If you don't mind, of course. I need some better ideas to clean them up a little bit.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site

uniquemotolights does have better prices but the ballasts and bulbs from theretrofitsource offer a 2 year warranty AND the ballasts have internal ignitors, the uniquemoto ballasts have external ignitors which complicates mounting the ballasts because the ballasts are 2 parts instead of 1.

svzxr650

Reaction score
Visit site
Does this kit have everything needed other than the bulbs?
Says it includes: 2x Brand new projector lens
2x BLUE CCFL angel eye halos
2x WHITE CCFL angel eye halos
2x "High quality" ballasts for angel eyes
1x H4 module
1x H7 module
Seems rather cheap compared to what you guys are posting.

Bi Xenon Projector Lens HID Kit H1 H4 H7 ANGEL EYES | eBay

This kit actually doesnt have anything that you need :D

1. The shrouds are too big and will not fit your headlight (so new smaller shrouds (20-$30)
2. Does not come with Ballasts (50-$100 depending on quality)
3. Doesn't come with Bulbs (30-$50)
4. Doesnt come with relay/harness wires (20-$30)
5. Its coming from china, so good luck with warranty or exchanges.

so the ONLY thing that might be useable from this are the bare projectors, that if they dont come deffective from china.

I suggest you look at the website i posted above, they have a quality kit already put together for the FZ6 and at a great price.

uniquemotolights does have better prices but the ballasts and bulbs from theretrofitsource offer a 2 year warranty AND the ballasts have internal ignitors, the uniquemoto ballasts have external ignitors which complicates mounting the ballasts because the ballasts are 2 parts instead of 1.

The reason their ignitors are internal is because the ballasts are much bigger, in my experience it is much easier to find a spot for a very slim ballast with a small ignitor, than a bigger and much thicker ballast with no ignitor.

And their website says they do offer a 1 year no hassle exchange warranty directly through them.

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
The reason their ignitors are internal is because the ballasts are much bigger, in my experience it is much easier to find a spot for a very slim ballast with a small ignitor, than a bigger and much thicker ballast with no ignitor.

And their website says they do offer a 1 year no hassle exchange warranty directly through them.

Maybe 2007+ FZ6 fairings are smaller but on my 2006 I fit Lexus Denso OEM ballasts which are even larger on the inner fairings without a problem, no clearance issues and they never even get damp after riding in the rain.

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site

IMG_0426600x400-vi.jpg

IMG_0454600x400-vi.jpg

Ouch $150 for installation O_O

svzxr650

Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch $150 for installation O_O

That is actually CHEAP compared to what is usually being charged by others.

Have you looked at Sick HIDs.com ? he charges $549 for a "basic" hid kit and installation! not including, audi led strips, angel eyes, painting reflectors etc... usual headlight with LED strips is about $700!

or look at this installer from ebay: $725!!
03-10 CBR600RR 1000RR HID PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS RetroFit | eBay

With Uniquemotolights.com i only paid $239 for the kit with angel eyes, and $190 for projector and LED strips install, so my total was $429 with free shipping.
I dont know where else you will find this kind of price.

Last edited:

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
I should do installs if $150 is cheap haha this is <1 hour job to get everything mounted in the headlight assembly :D

4300k or 6000k what's preference? I heard since these are using projectors light output difference is minimal when going from 4300k to 6000k

EDIT: Also 55w HID or not?

EDIT 2: Did he charge you for the Audi lights? "For a Limited time, receive 2 Audi style LED strips to compliment the projectors absolutely FREE!!!"

Last edited:

svzxr650

Reaction score
Visit site
I should do installs if $150 is cheap haha this is <1 hour job to get everything mounted in the headlight assembly :D

4300k or 6000k what's preference? I heard since these are using projectors light output difference is minimal when going from 4300k to 6000k

EDIT: Also 55w HID or not?

I went with 6000K because i like the slight blue hue, like the bmw lights. and with standard 35w hid.
For me its very bright the way it is, im not sure if 55w is needed.
but if you want the brightest headlights available, go with 55w.

Edit: no, the LED's were free, but i had to pay $40 extra to install them, hense 190 for installation and not 150.

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting...

Just to clarify, because I am DEFINATELY buying this kit. This is a bi-setup correct? Both headlights on at the same time and when switching to hi-beams, both hi's are on at the same time?

svzxr650

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting...

Just to clarify, because I am DEFINATELY buying this kit. This is a bi-setup correct? Both headlights on at the same time and when switching to hi-beams, both hi's are on at the same time?

Yes, both headlights are on at the same time for low beams when riding, and when you turn on high beams, both become high beams instantly, as there is a flap inside the projectors that opens for the light to shine in high beam.

With the FZ6, if you havent done the dual headlight mod yet, you will need to do a little wiring to get both of them to work at the same time, its pretty simple.

Edit: you might also want to install a switch so you can ride around with the headlights off and just angel eyes and led strips on.

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
I am not actually a fan of angel eyes in general but I am getting the white one's. I get turning them off would conserve their power but as much as I am riding right now I should be able to get a few years out of these anyway :)

I looked into the dual headlight mod but it confused me a bit, I was under the impression I didn't have to do this if I replaced the headlights =/

svzxr650

Reaction score
Visit site
I am not actually a fan of angel eyes in general but I am getting the white one's. I get turning them off would conserve their power but as much as I am riding right now I should be able to get a few years out of these anyway :)

I looked into the dual headlight mod but it confused me a bit, I was under the impression I didn't have to do this if I replaced the headlights =/

the FZ6 has 1 H4 and 1 H7 plug correct?

if so, you dont need to do any wiring, you can simply plug the kit into the H4 plug and it will use those signals to light up both projectors high and low beam.