Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
This kit actually doesnt have anything that you need :D

1. The shrouds are too big and will not fit your headlight (so new smaller shrouds (20-$30)
2. Does not come with Ballasts (50-$100 depending on quality)
3. Doesn't come with Bulbs (30-$50)
4. Doesnt come with relay/harness wires (20-$30)
5. Its coming from china, so good luck with warranty or exchanges.

so the ONLY thing that might be useable from this are the bare projectors, that if they dont come deffective from china.

I agree that kit doesn't have much of what you need.

- The projectors shrouds appear to be too big to easily fit into the FZ6 headlight
- No bulbs
- No HID ballasts
- No wiring harness

I wonder what happened to the kits like the one which I bought? I don't seem to see them on eBay anymore.

In related news, I think I'm going to adjust my headlight aiming. I'm wondering if I can use the adjusters to move the right headlight a bit right, and the left headlight a bit left, in an attempt to increase side coverage in turns, without sacrificing straight ahead light. With the two projectors right next to each other, I should able to tweak them out a little bit.

svzxr650

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that kit doesn't have much of what you need.

In related news, I think I'm going to adjust my headlight aiming. I'm wondering if I can use the adjusters to move the right headlight a bit right, and the left headlight a bit left, in an attempt to increase side coverage in turns, without sacrificing straight ahead light. With the two projectors right next to each other, I should able to tweak them out a little bit.

I dont think this would be possible, the headlight only has up and down adjustments...

Thats actually why i went with the Mini H1 kit, it has a bigger projector lens, so the light beam is much wider.

check out this photo of the zx6r with two mini H1 projectors:

MCMH1highbeamfar1-vi.jpg

Last edited:

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I dont think this would be possible, the headlight only has up and down adjustments...

Thats actually why i went with the Mini H1 kit, it has a bigger projector lens, so the light beam is much wider.

check out this photo of the zx6r with two mini H1 projectors:

MCMH1highbeamfar1-vi.jpg

I know that you're trying to sell some of your HID kits, and I like the look/price/setup of the kits, but I can tell that you don't have an FZ6....

The headlights on an FZ6 do indeed have both horizontal and vertical adjustment capability, and each of the two headlights have their own adjusters. :rockon:

The light output from my projectors is decently wide, but since there's so much light in the middle from the side by side bulbs, I figure that I might try opening the pattern up, to possibly help in turns when the bike is leaned.

By the way, I get increasingly annoyed at people who retrofit HID bulbs into their stock headlights without projectors. I've been encountering more and more oncoming cars with HID bulb transplants, and the glare from them is amazingly bad.

Last edited:

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a link to KT Auto Parts. Check out the KT-MT5 setup. It is offered with 1-H4 and 1-H7 as a purchase option, along with option to purchase LED eyebrows, extra headlight bulbs and demon eye. It comes standard with Angel eyes and the kit seems to be complete with nice compact projectors. Shipping is free till the end of the year. Has anyone purchased this kit? There's even an option to choose your currency. This link shows Canadian $.

HID projector KT-MT5

Last edited:

svzxr650

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a link to KT Auto Parts. Check out the KT-MT5 setup. It is offered with 1-H4 and 1-H7 as a purchase option, along with option to purchase LED eyebrows, extra headlight bulbs and demon eye. It comes standard with Angel eyes and the kit seems to be complete with nice compact projectors. Shipping is free till the end of the year. Has anyone purchased this kit? There's even an option to choose your currency. This link shows Canadian $.

HID projector KT-MT5

I wouldnt risk buying projector kits Directly from China, what if something goes wrong, or doesnt work? are you ready to spend major money shipping stuff back to china for warranty exchange? or paying return shipping from china to you?

i wouldnt risk it.

and the price is not that great any how.

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
ok - question:

has anyone OTHER than svzxr650 had any real experience with uniquemotolights?

I mean the level of blatant advertising in the last 2 pages is making me a little uneasy about the site....

svzxr650

Reaction score
Visit site
ok - question:

has anyone OTHER than svzxr650 had any real experience with uniquemotolights?

I mean the level of blatant advertising in the last 2 pages is making me a little uneasy about the site....

I am sorry that you feel this way, but i am simply trying to get attention to a great product, and a good company which I am friends with and personally use their projector kits.

UniqueMotoLights.com is owned by Borka, and he is a long time member on svrider.com the SV650 community forum, he has sold many Hid projector headlights there, and developed some great custom retrofits.

Here are some threads about this with real members;
projector retrofit into gen1 and gen2 naked sv650 - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums
biXenon hid projectors with angel eye halo sv650 sv650s headlight - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums
Sonic Headlights w/ biXenon HID angel eye HALO projector - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

He also sells on Ebay, with 100% positive feedback score, look it up, ebay name is also uniquemotolights

I know you didnt want to hear this from me, so take this for what its worth.

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered up.

But wow...he's only made 13 sales from his website. He needs better advertising :)

Assuming me and you ordered one, that's "11" sales.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
The Morimoto Mini H1 is the best bi-xenon HID projector that fits in the stock FZ6 headlight housing. Don't buy that cheap crap, get a real projector kit and have no regrets! Best mod you can do to your bike for the price.

svzxr650

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered up.

But wow...he's only made 13 sales from his website. He needs better advertising :)

Assuming me and you ordered one, that's "11" sales.

I believe they redid their website, because when i bought mine, 1 month ago, the site looked completely different.

So the counter might have been reset with the installation of the new site.

I ordered, and it will be here by Friday/Monday.

Cool, post some pics when you get it!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure how to get the projectors into the housing heh =/

Very confusing without any pictures.

It will be much easier of you remove the reflectors from the housings. should be 3, 10mm threaded rods holding the reflectors in, just loosen them alternately until the reflector comes out. Be easy on them.

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
Bah. Got them in without removing the reflectors, wasn't too difficult but one of the lock washers stripped so I am waiting on Boris to send me another set =/

Super nice guy helped me out with some questions over the phone on a Sunday :) hopefully will have it installed by the end of the week.

On another note: How tight should the projectors be? Mine have some wiggle to them.