Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

svzxr650

Reaction score
Visit site
Bah. Got them in without removing the reflectors, wasn't too difficult but one of the lock washers stripped so I am waiting on Boris to send me another set =/

Super nice guy helped me out with some questions over the phone on a Sunday :) hopefully will have it installed by the end of the week.

On another note: How tight should the projectors be? Mine have some wiggle to them.

The Silocone washers create some wiggle, the slim washer will have very slight wiggle, which is normal, but if you mount them without the silicone washers, there should be no wiggle.

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
New washers came in today and the projector is now mounted on the housing. Doubt I will be wiring it on my bike tonight but we'll see.

Any links on disassembling my housing on the bike?

EDIT: Found it, nvm.

Anyway. If I forcefully wiggle the headlight with SOME force the nut seems to loosen itself which, on a bike, will be vibrating VERY much which leads me to believe it is just going to end up loosening itself and possibly stripping the nut again. I don't know maybe it's just me.

Last edited:

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
I did but for whatever reason the actual h4 and h7 plates were slightly loose causing problems. I ended up hot gluing the plates down around the edges so they would not move and it fixed the problem. Maybe they were too flat or not flat enough I don't know. That's fine now.

Now I have another issue heh =/

Got a smudge of something on the inner glass of the projector lens so I am debating on whether or not to actually disassemble the whole thing again. I tested the light output and it visually looks the same as the other projector.

I may just let it go, I don't know at this point.

You can kinda see it on here:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/img20111209100020.jpg

Removed the picture tag because the picture is too large it messes up the sizing of the forum :)

Last edited:

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Could that be a blemish in the actual glass? It appears that you have some smaller voids in the glass like mine do, but I sure don't have a big opaque glob in the center.

As to opening it back up, that one's up to you. If the light output isn't affect, that means that it's merely cosmetic and if you can live with seeing that spot every time you look at the headlight, go ahead and leave it. If it'll bother you every time you look at your headlight, fix it now before everything is reassembled.... :)

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
Ended up disassembling the bulb and cleaned it. Wasn't too difficult but now I have stripped nuts AGAIN so hopefully I can get more sent. I don't get it. I definately am not OVERTIGHTENING them. Whatever. Sigh.

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
Well Boris is letting me send the whole thing to him to check out because he says what is happening shouldn't be happening, I offered to pay for his time of course.

Will hopefully have all this settled in a few weeks.

Boris is the greatest person to deal with. He has responded to every email I have sent within hours of sending it even on a Sunday :D

Other than whatever my problem is I would definately recommend his site again in the future.

While this is going on time to get HID's for my Corolla :D

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
The projectors are the same the only difference is the ballasts and bulbs.

Still waiting on the headlights to come back should be here in a few days :)

carguy

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting you decided to do the led strips on the bottom I used the top :)

How did the installation turn out? Did all your problems get resolved? I'm thinking of getting the same set up so I would appreciate it if you would post some pics. Thanks

DavisFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have everything needed for this just keep putting it off. I have a weeklong ride along the Amalfi coast in a few weeks and want to make sure it's good to go by then.

I wanted to paint the reflectors black as well and also afraid if I do that and have a problem with the wiring I'll be SOL for my trip.

Matteo

Reaction score
Visit site
So...started the mod friday night. Got severely distracted Saturday and Sunday, but put in some serious time last night and tonight and got my Bi=Xenon project with angel eyes installed and my bike ready for life on the street.

s_ueQNTpRPeZFLnWjke6EKbZNq5GE1S44W6k4jXl0Dw

All the parts that came with my mod kit from uniquemotolights.com

sU3NiLgGOQLTciAtGhFWLqbZNq5GE1S44W6k4jXl0Dw

c39LHj8WTVWICaPdnU2_tqbZNq5GE1S44W6k4jXl0Dw

Had to chop the reflector to get everything installed.

m4pNK1Kde813sKaNcNTXO6bZNq5GE1S44W6k4jXl0Dw

With the lights and angel eyes in the housing.

0vjXk1SpWsDSmcSawKBE8KbZNq5GE1S44W6k4jXl0Dw

Custom made some mounting brackets that bolted inside my fairings.

cr5r-FmsCmsrvUhlSCfD4KbZNq5GE1S44W6k4jXl0Dw

Got my bike ready to rock and roll. All and all I was not terribly impressed with the kit I purchased, but it is installed now. It required a lot of alterations to make work and came with exactly zero information on how to install. Need to take some night rides to and adjust the headlights, but otherwise all is well that ends well.

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
How did the installation turn out? Did all your problems get resolved? I'm thinking of getting the same set up so I would appreciate it if you would post some pics. Thanks

Ended up selling bike. Sold kit with it. Ended up getting new bike now. Not into sport bikes right now, at least, not yet.

luke25167908

Reaction score
Visit site
hi sorry i thimk i mite be in the rong places but can some one help me i got a fz6n an i wont to powder coat my tank an have some qustions can any one help pleases
thank you :welcome: