Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

Avenger

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings to all from Ukraine:BLAA:. Recently became a user Yamaha FZ6S year 2004. Looked at your work to improve the appearance and quality of the beam.
Here are found on a Chinese website universal set of lenses and blocks (complete only missing HID ballast). Including spacers for different bases, as H4 and H7. Tell me, what is the allowable length lenses? Do they fit in the headlamp? thanks
Here is the link:H4 35W 2800lm 6000K HID White Projector Angel Eyes Lens Light - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know that anyone's actually measured the allowed length but suffice to say that almost everyone I know of has had to cut down their projector casings to fit them.
I don't know about those specific ones.

you might want to look into getting ones that have a well known install process (i.e. from retrofitsource or some such) if you're not well used to grinding and installing and so on.

love the mod though - good luck:thumbup:

Bones3

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good. did you wire the projectors to be on full time. I went with low beam constant for led strips and angel eyes, and both projectors to high beam switch, then lowered high beam slightly to match.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good. did you wire the projectors to be on full time. I went with low beam constant for led strips and angel eyes, and both projectors to high beam switch, then lowered high beam slightly to match.

Looks cool, especially on the Badder Black version of the fizzer.

I just saw you're from Maple Valley. My dad's family is from there and went to Tahoma High, actually my sisters went to Tahoma as well. too funny.

Jeronimo92

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, i'm a bit late. But i recently bought my fazer, it's an incredible machine.
I really love what you have done with your bike!!! does anyone has a h4 and a h7 bulp left???

Greetings!!

Maven

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, i have been looking around the internet, and cant find an explaination for what it means H7, H8, H11? when looking at a converterkit. any help? i have an 09fz6r and would like to add a bixenon projector:BLAA:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, i have been looking around the internet, and cant find an explaination for what it means H7, H8, H11? when looking at a converterkit. any help? i have an 09fz6r and would like to add a bixenon projector:BLAA:

Not sure exactly how the FZ6R is but for the FZ6 the bike
has 1 H7 bulb (low beam on all the time) and 1 H4 bulb. The H4 is swtichable between high beam on/off ONLY unless you do the dual healight mod where the H4 acts as low beam on all the time (along with the H7) and only swicthes off when the H4 high filament is lit.

I did a bi-xenon retrofit on my FZ6 so I can answer any questions you might have. Not a terribly hard project if you take your time doing it.

btw the bi-xenon retrofit projector kit comes with adapters to fit several bulbs like the H4 and H7

Last edited:

Maven

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure exactly how the FZ6R is but for the FZ6 the bike
has 1 H7 bulb (low beam on all the time) and 1 H4 bulb. The H4 is swtichable between high beam on/off off ONLY unless you do the dual healight mod where the H4 acts as low beam on all the time (along with the H7) and only swicthes off when the H4 high filament is lit.

I did a bi-xenon retrofit on my FZ6 so I can answer any questions you might have. Not a terribly hard project if you take your time doing it.

btw the bi-xenon retrofit projector kit comes with adapters to fit several bulbs like the H4 and H7

Thank you so much for helping. the difference between the two bikes is very little. its the fairings and thats all. okay so i want to install Xenon HID Projector with 8000k bulb. what type of filament will i need? I dont really care if its Bi Xenon HID Projectors because my old Hid light did not have the high beam feature. and i dont the know the specs of the old HID light because it came with the bike when i bought it from a private seller. i would love to really have something like this http://www.fz6r-forum.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic12943_11.gif

Last edited:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
ok, for starters I will say you should get comfortable first with what you have to do for this mod. if you have an existing setup you have to figure out what someone else did first.

look on youtube for how to vids from morimoto.
also you may want to give the folks at ddm tuning a call and talk to tech support because you are going to need to buy ballasts and also a control box so that you run a relay system and it will give the capability for high/low beam. Also this is plug and play and a very clean way to wire the system.

PM me your email and I will send you the morimoto pdf or go to their website and grab it from there.

There's alot to do for this mod again nothing too terrible but you are going to have to be persistent and patient to do this right. It's be worth the effort once you are done.

btw - I cannot view the link you give above

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you so much for helping. the difference between the two bikes is very little. its the fairings and thats all. okay so i want to install Xenon HID Projector with 8000k bulb. what type of filament will i need? I dont really care if its Bi Xenon HID Projectors because my old Hid light did not have the high beam feature. and i dont the know the specs of the old HID light because it came with the bike when i bought it from a private seller. i would love to really have something like this http://www.fz6r-forum.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic12943_11.gif

not trying to start an argument but much more than side fairings is different on the fz6R and the fz6 your almost looking at two different bikes, as for this mod its the same overall concept.

watch videos take notes plan out how and where you will do this mod i dont think its hard but if you only have one head light your gonna need to remove it from the bike and your machine may be offline for a while.

i would recommend buying a used headlight assembly and doing the build on that

just my 2 cents

proper planning will make any job go easy and smooth

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Maven. yes.. ^^ what he said ^^

The better you plan this out the easier it will be to complete the project. Honestly this is the perfect winter project so your bike won't be laid up during riding season. One of the keys is to understand the wiring before you go about installing it on the bike. You can test the system with any 12 volt battery (I did it on my dining room table). Also getting a spare headlight housing means you can install projectors and get that part ready to go before you start tearing into the bike.

zedtracker

Reaction score
Visit site
Emailed Boris at uniquemotolights a couple of times and have not heard back yet.
Ready to order but had a couple questions first and heard he's good getting back to you but no this time.
Wonder if he does RHD projector kits?? And if any coupon codes apply at the moment?

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
What size is everyone getting? I found a kit on ebay that says fits FZ6 and will work with h4 and h7 but comes in either 2.5" reflector or 3". Also in either size there is an option for 35w and 55w. So not sure what to order.

Villin07

Reaction score
Visit site
How much did you pay for them? Do they both stay on or does only one when highbeam is off? I have a BMW with xenon lights and I love them.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, im new to this site and I was looking at upgrading my lights to the angel eyes for my bike. I found this site ( 2004 - 2011 Yamaha FZ6 HID BiXenon Projector kit angel eyes halo - No Cut ) and wanted to know your opinions/reviews. Also, would I need 35w hid? Or 55w hid's? And what about on/off switches? Should that be an option and if so how many? Thanks! :)

I've been retrofitting HID projectors for the past 10 years.

Those projectors are ok but they Morimoto Mini outperforms it and has a 5 year warranty: Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

You do not want 55W HID. It burns much hotter and will cook the chrome off the reflector bowls of small projectors! The light output is only marginally better with 55W. 35W will still be 3 times brighter than stock FZ6 headlights.

petaminox

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys,

Great sharing all round, and your experiences helped make mine a painless one! Loving the mod. Just a tiny problem.

How do you guys weather seal the set up? I have many wires coming out of the weather boot and it isn't weather sealed at all. I worry water will enter when it rains or when I'm washing the bike. The wires come out of the boot opening with plenty of room for junk to get in.

Here's a pic of what I'm referring to:
hM53o4u.jpg

Last edited:

petaminox

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, just thought I'd reply my own post. I found that rubber feet used for furniture can serve as a filler. I cut a cross into a circular rubber feet, and ran the wires through it. The rubber boot then goes over the rubber feet, and everything's snug. Water doesn't seem to be able to get in with this set up.