Foot pegs

Re: new screw in plates

Why are you people knocking a man's hard work because you can find a cheaper way? Please don't do that here!

I bought TWO sets of the plates from him and while I could have bought R6 pegs, I didn't want to.

Sometimes people really make me wonder.... Like the old saying, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it at all." That saying fits damned near EVERY rule this forum has layed out to keep this a friendly and family-oriented site.

Come on folks... use some common sense, ok? :don'tknow:

wow you already got them in? that was fast. please leave feed back on what you think of them. \\"since others are hateing on my work.\\" lol.. hope you enjoy them ant

I don't think most understand the amount of work that it takes to machine a part like this. I don't know that they are hating on your work, but just showing poor judgement with there comments.

They look great and the quality is first rate. Very light and strong! I'll let you know more when I get them installed and test them out.

Last edited:

i also forgot to say; every foot peg i sell i make a donation to the forum. so you will also help this site to:thumbup:
just ask admin.

Last edited:

I was going to wait until tomorrow to install them, but you know how that goes.:D Took a whole 5 minutes to do both sides. Here is a pic of them installed. It's dark out so excuse the quality. I'll get some better ones for Irish tomorrow.

I was going to wait until tomorrow to install them, but you know how that goes.:D Took a whole 5 minutes to do both sides. Here is a pic of them installed. It's dark out so excuse the quality. I'll get some better ones for Irish tomorrow.

Can't WAIT to get mine and get all these parts powder coated!

Great work Irish!

seriously, you maybe paying a few extra bucks for his, but your getting custom pegs, not just R6 pegs that 48,028 other people have. part of the deal of going custom. gotta pay for it. everyone is quick to chop up windscreens, and paint this and that to have their bike set apart from everyone elses, but when it comes to this they just want to buy what everyone else has... this is why we have FZ6's and not GSXR's... and its a good point, if you dont have something nice to say dont say anything. we are all friends here, why bash a guy for offering something new he put blood and sweat into (i hope not literally) he isnt making you buy them...

thanks bro i couldnt say it better myself. buy the time i buy the alum. and all the tools to make these and not counting the hours and hours i put into these. i only make $10-15 profitt. and i always donat $5.00 for each one i sell to the forum, so we can keep it runing; so we can get help when ever we need it:thumbup: so at the end i just come up on $5-$10 for myself. is it worth it? yes and no. labor wise NO. but to help other get some custom foot pegs and make it safer for others to ride without rubber grips and their feet sliping off, then YES it is. i just do this to help people on our forum out. i never told anyone to buy these, i just threw the idea out their. if you want r6 pegs i dont care, it dosent bug me at all, but please dont come post and try to hurt my sales and screw the forum out of money.

As far as people getting them powder coated. If you ask the place you are taking them to get powder coated to hold the pegs until they get an order from a large company to do black powder coating then you can usually have yours thrown in with theirs for a much cheaper price.

Also have the pegs black anodized would be pretty great I think. I would like to buy a set if they are still for sale and anodize mine. I used to work for an american le mans race team and the drivers would complain about the break pedal not feeling good so I made their brake pedal very similar to this but that was almost a year ago. Of corse the brake pedal was flat not round. Great minds think alike.

please post some pics of these r6 pegs. i went to the web site but cant find any pics of them.

Like I said before, I'm cheap, so I haven't actually bought any pegs yet but here is the link to the fiche of the rearsets.
Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop Motorcycle Yamaha 2006 YZFR6SV R6S STAND FOOTREST

And please don't think I am hating on your work. I only responded last time for clarification purposes. My impression was you thought that FZ6-ZN was lying about the price of the R6 pegs.

Your stuff looks really good.
When it comes down to it, your screw in plates are cheaper than the R6 pegs.

Serious, :rockon: OEM 2005 R6 foot pegs are around $16 each :confused:

ok i looked and the lest side is $22 for peg
and the right is almost $17 for peg.
backs i dont see a price?

my plates are unaversal front or back.

so i dont see how they are $16each:confused: and they are not going to make donations to the forum.
if you like the r6 pegs better by all means get them. i dont care eathier way the choice is yours.

Last edited:

Like I said before, I'm cheap, so I haven't actually bought any pegs yet but here is the link to the fiche of the rearsets.
Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop Motorcycle Yamaha 2006 YZFR6SV R6S STAND FOOTREST

And please don't think I am hating on your work. I only responded last time for clarification purposes. My impression was you thought that FZ6-ZN was lying about the price of the R6 pegs.

Your stuff looks really good.
When it comes down to it, your screw in plates are cheaper than the R6 pegs.

dont worry about it bro:rockon:thanks for the re-post, no hard feelings. i just dont understand why people say things to bash what others due? making it sound like i am riping people off. i would never go on a thread and bash some one thats making some parts or selling some thing. i just dont get it?

Last edited:

It isn't like you are trying to sell the R6 pegs for more than you paid for them. In fact, you are selling something that isn't available any where else at all. Any price that you set is an honest price because you are the only supplier and you took the time and effort to go and make these yourself.

To set the record straight,

I fitted serrated foot pegs over a year ago. I decided on R6 pegs as they seemed to be the best option at the time. For those of you that don’t know, my brother is the parts manager at a Yamaha dealership, so I have the privilege of getting OEM parts from stock to test fit. Furthermore he gets Yamaha parts at cost, probably 40% less that the man on the street. I can also cross check prices against models, i.e. in Africa; the 2005 model R6 foot pegs are cheaper than those on a 2006 model.

Considering that you can get R6 pegs from any dealership worldwide for around $37.40 a set, the foot pegs that are being offered are a little expensive, especially to the members outside the States.

Personally, I think that the foot pegs that you have fabricated are exceptional and I think the alternative of replacing the rubbers with aluminum plate is a great idea. Being an engineer myself, I can appreciate the amount of effort that you have invested in producing such a fine product. But to most people its price that counts.

Unfortunately this is a community forum and therefore subjective; someone else’s view should not result in controversy.

For the record, I have added a picture of an R6 peg installed.

FZ6-ZN

To set the record straight,

I fitted serrated foot pegs over a year ago. I decided on R6 pegs as they seemed to be the best option at the time. For those of you that don’t know, my brother is the parts manager at a Yamaha dealership, so I have the privilege of getting OEM parts from stock to test fit. Furthermore he gets Yamaha parts at cost, probably 40% less that the man on the street. I can also cross check prices against models, i.e. in Africa; the 2005 model R6 foot pegs are cheaper than those on a 2006 model.

Considering that you can get R6 pegs from any dealership worldwide for around $37.40 a set, the foot pegs that are being offered are a little expensive, especially to the members outside the States.

Personally, I think that the foot pegs that you have fabricated are exceptional and I think the alternative of replacing the rubbers with aluminum plate is a great idea. Being an engineer myself, I can appreciate the amount of effort that you have invested in producing such a fine product. But to most people its price that counts.

Unfortunately this is a community forum and therefore subjective; someone else’s view should not result in controversy.

For the record, I have added a picture of an R6 peg installed.

FZ6-ZN

Maybe I look at it different then others do. But to me it’s more of a respect thing, I think it’s rude to come put a post of someone’s thread saying basically I am ripping people off. I see this all the time with some people, if you’re not interested in them and have no questions or good things to say about them then don’t post on it. If you want to tell others about the r6 pegs, that fine but you could have started your own thread and not stir up mine. To me that's rude and disrespectful to bash my price like that. All I am saying is that you should have made your own thread and posted it instead of bashing mine. I mean people pay for these parts that I make and the last thing they want is to have their product bash on. Just think about how that makes me feel? Put yourself in my shoes, you work hard on something running back and forth to the post office everyday, all ways ordering alum. all the time, taking a chance that someone might buy them then I just spent tons of money on alum. For nothing.

A bonus about the screw in plates is you can throw them on for a trackday or some twisties.. and put the rubbers back on for commuting in like 2mins. Riding boots aren't cheap, and serrated edges are going to eat them up. Beats having to take the whole peg off and getting the spring realligned and the pin back in. It's a great idea man and looks to be fantastic craftsmanship :thumbup:

Back