My story and gift.

DHoback

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello two wheeled friends. My name is David Hoback. I am 32yo, I am married to my beautiful wife Michelle. I have have 3 children.... Aiden(my big guy), Emily(my darlin), and Annaliese(my sweety). I got into motorcycles at the age of 16 when I first got my license. I purchased a used '84 Suzuki GS450L. I rode the hell out of that bike. It actually took me back and forth from High School for a year. I have pictures of my girlfriend Michelle(now my wife) on it. I loved that bike! Life takes over at times. Priorities change. Started a decent a career as an auto tech. Fast forward several years..... I was now married, had a son, and was big into cars.. Learned how to make them go fast; VERY FAST! Turbos baby!!! Spent the next several years learning, trying and making small displacement vehicles go very fast. Fast forward a couple more years. Moved my family family to Tucson AZ. We had two Daughters while living there. Things get a bit grim. I have a tragic accident which results in a shattered right ankle. 4 months out of work.... Severe pain. Pull myself up. Get on with life. It is at this point my wife becomes pregnant with our 3rd child, Annaleise. Annaleise is borne May 25, 2006. LIfe is good.... For awhile. April 8th, 2008. My youngest Daughter passed way. We move back to PA to be with family. Things are OK. We get better every day. Two more years go by. Things seem to be "good". I finally get another bike; an '09 FZ6. Things are good. Two months ago I went into surgery for a torn retina. There were complications and I lost all sight in my left eye. Three days ago I got back onto my FZ6..... Because I refuse to be beaton!

This is my story. This is my gift..... Any help I can give to anyone, please let me know. I live outside of Philadelphia. I can help you with your bike if you are not confident about doing such things. Or, if you lack the tools to so. Anything I do will free of charge and I will tech you in the process.

I have received many blessings and alot of help in my life. This is my gift. My knowledge is all I have to give.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, man... sorry about all the rough patches you've had to endure, but thank you so much for your generous offer!
I'm sure lots of folks would love to take you up on it.

DHoback

Reaction score
Visit site
Erci, thank you. I have read many of your posts over the past several months. It doesnt surprise me that you are the first to respond to my first thread. Again, thank you, for the kind words, but please dont pity a man with a wonderful family, neverending resolve and an FZ6.

Last edited:

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
..... yeah life can and does suck sometimes. but what dosen't kill u makes u stronger. I am 21 years old. had a kidney transplant when i was 16....was born with the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck, almost chocked to death before I saw first light. my mother didn't expect me to live..... nearly died several times in car accidents. bad decisions.... but thats life. u just got to keep pushing

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
The measure of a man is in what he does with the cards he is dealt. Thanks for the kind offer, and the post. It's good to hear, especially this time of year.

spdyike

Happy new FZ rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Life is what you make of it, and you seem to be making the best out of what comes your way. May God bless you and your family.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
DHoback-
That's an intense, moving story. Thanks for sharing it. If only this world had more people as grateful and generous as you are.

:welcome: you've found an awesome community of enthusiasts here. You are family now.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum. There is no better motivator than a man's love of family. Thanks for the awesome offer for assistance... as previously said, you'll likely be taken up on it a lot. In fact... it may cause you some sleepless nights :D

Again, welcome. You've joined an awesome family on this forum. Cheers!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:DHoback !!!! Sound like your knowledge isn't all you have to give. You clearly have a whole lot of heart!!!! Man!:rockon: Thank you for hooking up with a great bunch of people all over the the big blue marble and welcome to our big family! Keep it going........You're awesome!!!!:rockon::rockon:

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your moving story, we all have things that hurt and talking about them often helps. It took me a while to write down something because theres so much I want to say but nothing seems right. Thanks for your gift and for keeping your faith. Oh yeah, Go Eagles!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My mother always said "you need to have a good PMA (positive mental attitude) to get thru life".......sounds like you do!

And :welcome: to our family!

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:
I have been thinking of doing a trip this spring sometime and going a distance on my bike. I am from Michigan and would love the possibility taking a day of riding with you if my plan to head towards New Jersey works out. Keep pushing through man!

DHoback

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you all for your kind words. AS I said, I have been reading here for some time, and all of you seem to be very caring people. I know I picked a great bike. I also know now that I have picked a great forum to be a part of.
Viviifz6, I would love to ride with you if the opportunity should present itself. I took another little ride today. Not far. But it is so nice just to be on the bike again. Thank you all so much, and my offer stands to anyone who may need help.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the best forum out there. Thanks for sharing your story and thanks for the inspiration to move on and ahead with life. Good luck with your FZ6! RIDE SAFE AND HAVE FUN! :thumbup::rockon:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: The folks here are a great bunch of people. You will fit right in and thanks for your generous offer to help out.

It's nice to hear you are living such a positive life.

Haelous

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man. You're tough, no doubt.

I've been to AZ a few times to visit family, and I really like the desert. What do you think after living there and moving over here?

I'm roughly an hour from Philly.