New member welcome thread..

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Mik. Just found this place earlier on to get info. I've been riding for almost 6yrs and bought my FZ6 Fazer S2 new last year. I've modded it slightly, mainly just to make it more practical, like a taller screen, hand guards and a fender extender. And others to make it look better. I've done over 14000 miles on it so far and will be doing another 1100 miles in the next week going around France.

Can find pictures on BikePics

Mik

Youngy here, in Cambridgeshire UK. Age 43 and been riding for a while now. Too many bikes to mention.

Picked up an 04 FZ6 Fazer a couple of weeks ago and reasonably happy with it, but it doesn't go round corners very well! I'll have to try changing the tyre pressures and see if that helps.

:welcome: to the forum, enjoy phil. :Flash:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Howdy, just joined to get a little more info about the FZ6 & 6R, trying to decide between the two. So far I'm leaning towards the FZ6, I like the idea of a center stand and the under seat exhaust is awesome:rockon:

Currently ride an 01 Kawasaki Concours and love the bike just want something a little lighter but still with performance.
Been riding since 64 and have had a number of bikes from 750 Hondas to Goldwings, had a blast with all of them.
Anyone gone from a C10 to the FZ6 and can you do a little comparo??

Great site and will participate more if I go with one of the FZ's

I'm a CNC Prototype machinist and even do machining as a hobby at home, have a manual milling machine and a 11 lathe.

Jerry

Last edited:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy, just joined to get a little more info about the FZ6 & 6R, trying to decide between the two. So far I'm leaning towards the FZ6, I like the idea of a center stand and the under seat exhaust is awesome:rockon:

Currently ride an 01 Kawasaki Concours and love the bike just want something a little lighter but still with performance.
Been riding since 64 and have had a number of bikes from 750 Hondas to Goldwings, had a blast with all of them.

Hey Jerry, I was the FZ6 rider who talked to you today up on Glendora Mtn. Road. Let's ride again as soon as you get the new FZ. Check your PM box for my cell #.

I'm a CNC Prototype machinist and even do machining as a hobby at home, have a manual milling machine and a 11 lathe.

Jerry

Funny, I built molds and dies for a plastics company years ago. We have a lot in common.

Soundwave206

Reaction score
twitter.com
Hi everyone,

Forum Noob from Seattle here! I've been shadowing this site for a while and finally joined. Thanks for all your help out there!!!

Greetings from Seattle

:germany:

Fahren

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings and salutations from the UK.. was searching the web and found a link to your forums and figured id pay a visit...I have a 1987 FZ600 was running but just stripped it down to replace a few parts...anyhow hope to chat and share ideas etc or mainly pick ur brains lol:rockon:

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site

Jerry

Make sure you get the 98hp not the 78hp if you are used to 750's and goldwings. I heard that the FZ6R has a 78 hp model, not sure, maybe one of the old schoolers on this site would know the difference.

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I am from the Seattle-Tacoma, WA State US. I have been riding dirt since a child, been riding my FZ6(fastest blue!)since I bought it new in 05'. I looked at a lot of bikes before I chose the FZ6, it just felt right, found out later how awsome they are. I originally bought it as a trainer for the R1, but now I would rather mod my FZ6 I love it so much.
I tried to read all the new member threads to get to know you all, but wow, over 1,000 pages! This site is really great, props,cudos,respect,and more to the founder and supporters, you all rock.

Keep the rubber side down all.

Iethius:america:

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings and salutations from the UK.. was searching the web and found a link to your forums and figured id pay a visit...I have a 1987 FZ600 was running but just stripped it down to replace a few parts...anyhow hope to chat and share ideas etc or mainly pick ur brains lol:rockon:

:welcome: to the forum Fahren

Hello everybody,

I am from the Seattle-Tacoma, WA State US. I have been riding dirt since a child, been riding my FZ6(fastest blue!)since I bought it new in 05'. I looked at a lot of bikes before I chose the FZ6, it just felt right, found out later how awsome they are. I originally bought it as a trainer for the R1, but now I would rather mod my FZ6 I love it so much.
I tried to read all the new member threads to get to know you all, but wow, over 1,000 pages! This site is really great, props,cudos,respect,and more to the founder and supporters, you all rock.

:welcome: to the forum Iethius :thumbup:

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello - Another noob to this forum.
Mike from central Ohio in the US. Cool to see so many people from so many different countries with a common interest!!
I've got a garage full of bikes and my '07 "arrest me" red FZ6 replaced my '85 FZ750 as my main street mule. I stole it for $3500usd about 2 months ago. 7k miles, now 9k. I club race, am a track day instructor and MSF instructor.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: All! Enjoy and Ride Safe. Forum warning/Alert: Their are so many awesome mods on this forum you may be tempted to overspend, remember to wait 24 hours before deciding, luckily their are some inexpensive mods as well :thumbup:

Hey how do I set the right time on my z6?

:welcome: Don't know if you got an answer yet, press and hold both buttons down to reset, then put in the correct time (I think :confused:)

Hi All,

Thought I should say hi! I have just bought an '08 FZ6N new as a runout from the dealer and it is my first motorbike. Prior to this we had scooters with the last one being a little Aprilia 250. Went ok for a scooter to buzz in and out of town.

I live in Brisbane, Australia.
You will love the FZ.

Hi,
my name is Gene. I'm in San Diego. I've been riding for 14 years now. Started with a Honda Hurricane (stolen), Suzuki GS500 (rode to the ground), Suzuki SV1000s and now the FZ6 07, Blue.
Didn't have a car until very recently (Kids).

I'm a mechanic, but not for motorcycles. So I'm always wrenching on something in the garage. I hate taking the bike in to the shop for anything. I'll fix it or it will remain broken.
I appreciate all the help i've been given looking at the advice of others, so I will try to post anything mechanical that I've done that might be helpful.
Gene
Welcome to the FZ, look forward to reading some of the things you might come up with for mods.

hello. i'm ryan and i'm in arlington tx. i sold my 01 sv650 last week and haggled my way into an red 07 FZ6 with only 1000 miles on it. i can't wait for the sun to come up so i can go to the sorta local motorcycle shop and get the inspection sticker updated for it just so i can ride it again.
Welcome, look forward to hearing your comparison between the SV650 and the FZ.

Howdy all,

Jason here - got my 09 Fz6 about 3 weeks ago. I enjoy the heck out of it, but there are still some things I am getting used to as my prior bike was a Harley. (First questions was "where do i put the hwy pegs?")

Already come up with a parts list of all the mods i want to do, now I just have to convince the wife that we need them. ;)

Ride safe!
~Jason
Welcome, I don't know where to put the Highway pegs, but when you figure it out, let us know.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Blake and I just got my 2006 Blue FZ6 on July 31st. It is my first bike and I have put 150 miles on it since I got it. It had 5119 when purchased. I took the Motorcycle Safety Foundation class about 1 week before buying the bike. In Virginia the class is a lot better than taking the test at the DMV. I've really enjoyed it so far and look forward to many safe miles ahead!
Welcome, happy to hear you have joined the world of motorcycling, I don't think you will regret it.

Hi all of you!
I'm Barri, from Argentina, and it's an honour for me to be a part of this FZ6 family.
I'm 37, radiologist and the Fazer i've got is a 2009 Autumn Orange.
I'll post some pics soon... :thumbup:
Welcome, alot of great people here, I think you will enjoy the forum.

I'm Mik. Just found this place earlier on to get info. I've been riding for almost 6yrs and bought my FZ6 Fazer S2 new last year. I've modded it slightly, mainly just to make it more practical, like a taller screen, hand guards and a fender extender. And others to make it look better. I've done over 14000 miles on it so far and will be doing another 1100 miles in the next week going around France.

Can find pictures on BikePics

Mik
Welcome, what took you so long to join?

Youngy here, in Cambridgeshire UK. Age 43 and been riding for a while now. Too many bikes to mention.

Picked up an 04 FZ6 Fazer a couple of weeks ago and reasonably happy with it, but it doesn't go round corners very well! I'll have to try changing the tyre pressures and see if that helps.
Welcome, cornering is a little weakm mainly due to the suspension, alot of great ideas for suspension mods here, good luck with figuring it all out.

Jerry
Welcome, get the FZ6. Man I could use your skills and machinery, I am making my own exhaust and am having to pour the inlet/outlet and end cap.

Hi everyone,

Forum Noob from Seattle here! I've been shadowing this site for a while and finally joined. Thanks for all your help out there!!!

Greetings from Seattle

:germany:
Welcome, as you know doubt already know, this is a great forum with great people.

Welcome, love to see some pictures of your bike.

Hello everybody,

Welcome, the FZ is a great bike, but man...that R1 is awesome, sexxy, powerful, etc....

Hello - Another noob to this forum.
Mike from central Ohio in the US. Cool to see so many people from so many different countries with a common interest!!
I've got a garage full of bikes and my '07 "arrest me" red FZ6 replaced my '85 FZ750 as my main street mule. I stole it for $3500usd about 2 months ago. 7k miles, now 9k. I club race, am a track day instructor and MSF instructor.
Welcome, look forward to reading some of your contributions, sounds like you have alot to offer.

CT_Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm Ken from Fairfield, CT, USA. I'm 40 and my '07 FZ6 is the first bike I've ever owned or ridden. I brought it home in June of 2007 and have been having a blast ever since.

I still consider myself a new rider and don't leave the garage without full gear. I've got about 17,500 miles on it so far and have been focusing on longer day trips this year. I haven't done any group riding (I've done a couple of charity rides) and am looking forward to getting out with some other FZ6 enthusiasts.

My longest ride so far came last weekend when I logged 456 miles. I was so bummed out because I missed the FZ6-Forum ride in Vermont on August 15 that I traveled up to Vermont the following day to ride some of the Vermont back roads to see what I missed. I don't remember who posted the recommendation but the trip up the mountain road to the top of Okemo mountain was cool (I've skied there so much over the years) and I can't believe it gets much better than VT Rte 100 for rural riding. It's not terribly twisty but it sure is a nice ride.

I got turned on to the site by another FZ6 rider I in met in rush hour traffic on I-95 one afternoon. Thanks MyFirstBike!

Well, that's about enough. Let's get out and ride!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: CT rider!!! There is a forum member map where you can add yourself. (do the google search for it)
Happy riding!!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Hi All,

I'm Ken from Fairfield, CT, USA. I'm 40 and my '07 FZ6 is the first bike I've ever owned or ridden. I brought it home in June of 2007 and have been having a blast ever since.

I still consider myself a new rider and don't leave the garage without full gear. I've got about 17,500 miles on it so far and have been focusing on longer day trips this year. I haven't done any group riding (I've done a couple of charity rides) and am looking forward to getting out with some other FZ6 enthusiasts.

My longest ride so far came last weekend when I logged 456 miles. I was so bummed out because I missed the FZ6-Forum ride in Vermont on August 15 that I traveled up to Vermont the following day to ride some of the Vermont back roads to see what I missed. I don't remember who posted the recommendation but the trip up the mountain road to the top of Okemo mountain was cool (I've skied there so much over the years) and I can't believe it gets much better than VT Rte 100 for rural riding. It's not terribly twisty but it sure is a nice ride.

I got turned on to the site by another FZ6 rider I in met in rush hour traffic on I-95 one afternoon. Thanks MyFirstBike!

Well, that's about enough. Let's get out and ride!

:welcome: to the greatest forum on the net! Enjoy and ride safe.

Dino

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I'm Dino and I bought my 2007 FZ6 new back in April of this year. I couldn't take delivery until May because my driveway was covered in ice. I've put 3500 miles on it so far and I really like it. I also have a 2007 Yamaha Majesty scooter that I've put 15,000 miles on including an Iron Butt Saddle Sore ride last August. It's funny to think that the FZ6 was in the showroom when I bought the Majesty - but I don't think I was ready for that. Just before buying the Majesty I dusted off my 1979 Motobecane moped that I got when I was 15 so I think the Fazer would've been too much.