Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Count me in!! :thumbup:

EDIT - PS - if anybody wants to meet up in Mira Mesa and ride up to the Temecula rendezvous together, I would be down. I'll be riding up the I-805 / 163 from North Park.

Alright!!! :BLAA:

If you want meet me at the shell. Mira Mesa Blvd and the 15 at 8:45 am.
Please confirm! :D

Gelvatron FZ6
Jblk9695 (Jerry) Tiger
Motogiro (Cliff) SV1000s
Wavex (Mr. Lucky) Buell (Tentative)
Don Honda 600rr
ba4x (Nick) FZ6

Last edited:

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like another great group of riders. Have fun. Take some pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ba4x

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright!!! :BLAA:

If you want meet me at the shell. Mira Mesa Blvd and the 15 at 8:45 am.
Please confirm! :D

Gelvatron FZ6
Jblk9695 (Jerry) Tiger
Motogiro (Cliff) SV1000s
Wavex (Mr. Lucky) Buell (Tentative)
Don Honda 600rr
ba4x (Nick) FZ6

Consider this your confirmation!

See you bring and early. Super excited. :Flash:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, you guys have a great ride tomorrow. I'm off to Oregon with the wife and dog in the cage to visit her aunt for the holiday.
If I hadn't just spent 6 days with Cali rider doing the Southwest last week (ride report to come in the next week) I would have begged off the trip to Oregon and have come south to be with you hooligans tomorrow.
I'll be coming down south again before 'ya know it though.... :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, you guys have a great ride tomorrow. I'm off to Oregon with the wife and dog in the cage to visit her aunt for the holiday.
If I hadn't just spent 6 days with Cali rider doing the Southwest last week (ride report to come in the next week) I would have begged off the trip to Oregon and have come south to be with you hooligans tomorrow.
I'll be coming down south again before 'ya know it though.... :rockon:

We'll be looking for you in the future for sure John and thank you for the well wishes! :rockon:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Great riding with everone, always enjoy getting together and hitting the twisties:thumbup:
Pics from Idylwild--
P1010948800x600.jpg

P1010949800x600.jpg

P1010951800x600.jpg

Gelvatron after going a little to wide on highway 243, he was OK, just bruised up a bit--
P1010952800x600.jpg

Here is a short clip from the ride, the one that was not a good thing to try--
How NOT to pass a car and survive - YouTube

I have more video just need to edit and upload to YouTube.

Look forward to the next ride:D

Jerry

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Holy Cow :eek: passing on the right? :spank:

Burn a fat one and chill, way too much traffic to bother getting into a rush.

Easier said than done, we all get in a rush sometimes. I'm glad a lesson was learned without serious injury.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great day of riding today! We just had some learning experience on our ride today with out much hurt than maybe a little pride, but that happens as we gain experience and the important thing is the ride, friendship and getting home safe.

Here are a few pics and some video to follow in a day or two.

Thank you all for coming out to play on the mountains with us.

We all still have a finger to shoot our bows with!
Pic%2520001-25p.jpg

Getting ready to hit the road after lunch at The Gnome.
Pic%2520002_25p.jpg

We got to the bottom of the mountain and realized to much time was passing for one of our riders to be missing. Nick started on the trek back up as Don and I had to get fuel and then Jerry joined us on a search perusing and looking for signs of an exit off the road that might be missed by others. We thankfully found Nick and Taylor. Everyone was okay!
Pic%2520006_25p.jpg

Last edited:

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Time to get the bike naked,.. Fun ride need abit ( a lot) more practice all those boulder blind turns are challenging.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My lips are sealed:rolleyes:

Hey Cliff, check out the gal in the red dress in your second pic, looks like she is paying homage to the gods of Idylwild:D

Jerry

Lisa also noticed her in the picture. I told Lisa she was riding on the back of your bike!:eek:

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow!! What a event filled ride for you guys. Glad to hear everyone is okay. we all take the risk every time we ride. That's why riding with this group makes our rides even better and safer for all of us. Ride at your skill level and pace, we never judge anyone on how fast, slow or experience level, We all just enjoy riding on great roads with a great bunch of guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great riding with everone, always enjoy getting together and hitting the twisties:thumbup:

Here is a short clip from the ride, the one that was not a good thing to try--
How NOT to pass a car and survive - YouTube

I have more video just need to edit and upload to YouTube.

Look forward to the next ride:D

Jerry

I hope the following statement will be taken in the right context. I am not posting this as any kind of judgement but as caring for other people's quality of life. I apologize if there is pride involved but....

After watching this event a few times I've notice how this could have been a much worse scenario.

Notice when the bike touches the car it causes the bike to lose it's lean angle and as the bike passes the car, the lean angle has changed sufficiently as to put it in trajectory to the oncoming vehicle in the opposite lane. The oncoming vehicle alters course because the bike is headed out of it's lane. We can't see it because the last part is happening in front of the contact car and blocked from view. Remember you are watching this at half speed so reaction time is half what your eye is seeing!

One of my main theories about riding, (this isn't a religious statement) is there are angels watching over us. I haven't met the perfect rider yet and I myself have done some pretty stupid tricks and have put myself in bad situations where I wonder how I could have lived. I'm so thankful this rider and the oncoming car did the right things at the right time to save this into becoming bits of plastic and metal instead of flesh/bone, plastic and metal.

As the member inviting others out on a ride I feel responsible to a certain degree and I did have "the talk" with the newer rider before we embarked on this exciting day of riding. The rider was also critiqued in discussion at lunch. The first and foremost idea is safety and enjoyment of these rides.

Hopefully this video brings education to many riders and as forum members we can gain experience from each other.

There was more than I've experienced before on these roads, car traffic yesterday so we had to have patience and try to get by as best we could.
A lot of people in cars/trucks were very courteous and used shoulder or pull outs to let us pass. I always give a wave of thanks to them.
Others were oblivious as they rolled their tin cans down the lanes.

Again, Thanks to everyone for contributing to a great day of riding!!:D

Last edited:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I couldn't agree more. The rider kept his cool though out the whole ordeal, if I had done the same thing my shorts would have been full. Even when the driver of the cage got out and was really really mad(can't blame him) the rider kept his cool and said that it was his fault and that he was very sorry and just calm down and we can talk it out. I gave Cliff a call and he came back to the turnout, I think Cliff made a remark something to the effect of "this is a heck of a way to make new friends", well that diffused the situation down the rest of the way and everyone had a little laugh and exchanged info and we went on our merry way.
We all can learn a little something from this especially to remain calm during a trying situation.

Jerry

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In my opinion, and I am entitled to it; Stupid move! Period! 90% riding a motorcycle is mental, you have to make the correct decisions. If that car did not lock up those tires, could have been a different outcome.

Remember, whether your a rider or driver, people do not expect to be passed on the right, especially the shoulders.

This is why when you ride with new people, you got to be very cautious, they can be very unpredictable, kind of like wildlife. Who knows, maybe they don't even have a motorcycle license.

Status
Not open for further replies.